Brighter bulbs

My recommendation is that people stick to OEM head lights then I will not be constantly dazzled by other drivers in the winter months on my B road commute. And if dipped headlights were properly adjusted that would help too.

Wow that’s really helpful thanks. 

I’ll make sure I tell every driver I see that has better/brighter/safer lights to swap out to 10 year old design oem to avoid dazzling you. 

there are hundreds of kits available, from reputable firms including being sold at Halfords, which are designed to improve lighting performance. I seriously doubt that all of your ‘dazzling’ is the result of upgrades - more likely the latest OEM Xenons, LED’s or even lasers. 

• Haha 1

I believe your bulbs should be H4 fitment but please check. I have upgraded to Phillips Extreme Vision which are very good I have also used Osram Night Breaker in the past. I use Power Bulbs who always seem to have an offer online and at the moment they have 25% off everything with code APR25. Hope this is of some use to you.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, MRA13 said:

Anyone has experience of these on the Fabia/Fabia vrs mk2? https://www.lightec-autostyle.co.uk/v10-h7-super-slim-led-headlight-upgrade-kit

Thanks

Just to say the usual. This from the  Powerbulbs site

'The general rule is if you have a halogen bulb currently installed and you want to upgrade to LED, it won't be road legal.' and 'please note that any LED bulbs used in your brake, sidelights or fog lights are not road legal, either.' 

At £37.95 they seem an expensive way of failing an mot.

I fitted Ring +150 H4 halogens and they are very good indeed.

1 minute ago, Phil866 said:

Just to say the usual. This from the  Powerbulbs site

'The general rule is if you have a halogen bulb currently installed and you want to upgrade to LED, it won't be road legal.' and 'please note that any LED bulbs used in your brake, sidelights or fog lights are not road legal, either.' 

At £37.95 they seem an expensive way of failing an mot.

I fitted Ring +150 H4 halogens and they are very good indeed.

Thanks, mine are H7, so I may follow suit and go for decent Phillips or PIAA Halogen upgrades.

22 minutes ago, Kenrw8 said:

I have these and find very good

Screenshot_20190601-194914.png

Thanks, both these and the Philips xtreme plus/racing vision are less than £20 from Amazon UK with prime delivery 👍

• Like 1

Had a quick look at changing my bulbs, can get the bulb out of the headlight unit, but can't for the life of my get the bulb out of the holder, any advise welcome.

So you definitely have managed to remove the bulb complete with its connector out from the headlight, but can not remove the bulb from the connector?

If so, then maybe try using a suitably sized flat bladed screwdriver and get it between the end of the bulb contacts and the start of the connector and gently ease apart each of the contacts - ie force the bulb and connector apart.  If possible I tend to remove the connector before removing the bulb as doing it that way means that there is something to hold the bulb while you get the connector off.

If going for led make sure the LEDs themselves are placed on similar position to non led filament. So that the focal point in the same position that way they will be on the focal of the headlight , especially necessary for projector headlight. If not the led output will be near useless and a waste of money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenrw8 said:

If going for led make sure the LEDs themselves are placed on similar position to non led filament. So that the focal point in the same position that way they will be on the focal of the headlight , especially necessary for projector headlight. If not the led output will be near useless and a waste of money.

The correct bulb holder/shim should sort this, usually these output issues happen with cheap Chinese LEDS with zero effort put into the design of fitment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickmartin said:

LED is the way forward....My first choice would be Bosla then Angel eye.

Thanks, do you have these fitted to your project?

1 hour ago, Mickmartin said:

The correct bulb holder/shim should sort this, usually these output issues happen with cheap Chinese LEDS with zero effort put into the design of fitment.

Seen a lot of folk have had issues with lack of light from fitting LEDs which must be down to poor alignment/fitting. I'm undecided between H7 upgrades and LEDs so may invest in a couple of sets of both and try them out. Also need a decent battery for mine as whilst condition is good it's been running low since I bought it.

I haven't tired the Bosla ones personally just reviews, They have released a 4 changing colour LED headlight that lets you set the colour depending on the weather, Although pricey hey do seem a great bit of kit.

Bosla Bullet

As for angel eyes, Online you will find mixed reviews  however I've used their HID kits  in the past I cant fault these, Just fitted a setoff angel eye LED to my mates BMW 335D and they are pretty damn good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rum4mo said:

So you definitely have managed to remove the bulb complete with its connector out from the headlight, but can not remove the bulb from the connector?

If so, then maybe try using a suitably sized flat bladed screwdriver and get it between the end of the bulb contacts and the start of the connector and gently ease apart each of the contacts - ie force the bulb and connector apart.  If possible I tend to remove the connector before removing the bulb as doing it that way means that there is something to hold the bulb while you get the connector off.

Thanks, I will give that a try, doesn't help I have sausage fingers as my daughters would say!!

12 hours ago, Mickmartin said:

LED is the way forward....My first choice would be Bosla then Angel eye.

I thought these LED bulb replacements were still illegal - or are there some approved versions now?

11 hours ago, bigjohn said:

I thought these LED bulb replacements were still illegal - or are there some approved versions now?

" Provided the LED lamps are in a luminaire designed for them and designed to meet EU standards, they are legal"

Of course they are legal...........:unsure: Honestly officer, They were fitted to my car when I bought it haha.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2019 at 11:18, MATT1 said:

I believe your bulbs should be H4 fitment but please check. I have upgraded to Phillips Extreme Vision which are very good I have also used Osram Night Breaker in the past. I use Power Bulbs who always seem to have an offer online and at the moment they have 25% off everything with code APR25. Hope this is of some use to you.

H7

I fitted these to the wife's car in April. 

Philips RacingVision +150% H7 headlight bulb 12972RVS2, twin pack - chrome https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LWPJF1J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_FDyYlPANtIb5z

Seemed no different to the Osram NB Plus we had in before really. 

I did find the dipped beams pretty abismal with all bulbs. We had curve projector (they steered with the car) and they still weren't great. Doesn't help the lights on my S2 are phenomenal

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't yet got round to looking at/changing my headlight bulbs as I try to first rectify some engine issues in my car. Does anyone know by looking whether bulbs like these with these type of adaptor attachments will fit in the fabia vrs mk2 headlight assembly please? Thanks

20190615_171359.jpg

20190615_171351.jpg

On 31/05/2019 at 09:20, MRA13 said:

Anyone has experience of these on the Fabia/Fabia vrs mk2? https://www.lightec-autostyle.co.uk/v10-h7-super-slim-led-headlight-upgrade-kit

Thanks

Be careful as they say "may" need Canbus adapters, which means they will at additonal costs............hence further into the website...

https://www.lightec-autostyle.co.uk/h7-canbus-led-kit-vw-audi-bmw

even same car in pictures..............