I've only gone and done it ....

Ordered my Race Blue vRS Petrol with Sunroof, Towbar, DCC and Heated Seats - I was going to get a Challenge, but couldn't justify the extra cost for options I don't care about. Better to spec your own I think.

Went for the 2 years servicing for £159 - would be daft not to?

14 week wait now .... tick tock :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Top man and huge congrats!  

Great spec and will be an awesome motor! Sunroof is a great shout.  

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments.

Sunroof is just a nice thing to have IMO, especially when it's hot and the hot air can be drawn out quickly before the air con kicks in fully. It lightens the interior too.

DCC - well, I'm not too sure - on 18" rims it 'should' give an even softer ride in comfort mode I'm thinking?

Race Blue always seemed to match the spirit of the car to my mind. Not many taxi's in Race Blue :D

15 hours ago, MrRee said:

Ordered my Race Blue vRS Petrol with Sunroof, Towbar, DCC and Heated Seats - I was going to get a Challenge, but couldn't justify the extra cost for options I don't care about. Better to spec your own I think.

Went for the 2 years servicing for £159 - would be daft not to?

Sounds great, and another fine car on the roads of Hampshire 🙂

15 hours ago, dunc69 said:

Top man and huge congrats!  

Great spec and will be an awesome motor! Sunroof is a great shout.  

Agree with sunroof one of my favourite options, even in the winter lets a bit more light into quite a dark cabin, lifted by the ambient lighting on the doors.;)

7 hours ago, simion_levi said:

I was really torn between Race Blue and Quartz Grey for a Challenge Estate. I landed on Blue in the end and hope I've made the right choice!

My last 2011 Octavia VRS was in Race Blue. My current Octavia VRS is in Quartz Grey. Both really great colours. I think Race Blue just about takes top honours, but I do love my Quartz Grey just as much.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, simion_levi said:

I was really torn between Race Blue and Quartz Grey for a Challenge Estate. I landed on Blue in the end and hope I've made the right choice!

Agree with the choice of Race Blue, don't get all the love for Quartz Grey. Neighbour had Octavia in Quartz grey and every time I looked out the window it just reminded me of a wet dull grey day.

She's since changed it for a black Passat R-Line though.

But each to their own, I have a Candy White Octavia after all so probably can't comment :)

12 minutes ago, StealthRS245 said:

You'll love the DCC, it does wonders for the ride on 19s so it should be even nicer on 18s.

2nd that DCC is great & mines on 19's

I'm in Farnborough, Hants if you wanna try it or pop down to the Meon Hut meet, Meon crossroad, 1st Tuesday of the month

8 hours ago, lway said:

Agree with the choice of Race Blue, don't get all the love for Quartz Grey. Neighbour had Octavia in Quartz grey and every time I looked out the window it just reminded me of a wet dull grey day.

She's since changed it for a black Passat R-Line though.

But each to their own, I have a Candy White Octavia after all so probably can't comment :)

What the heck is the matter with everyone??!!

Rallye Green is where it’s at. Jeez!

E

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Excision said:

Rallye Green is where it’s at.

I must admit, I nearly went for this colour myself. It's a very close second to the blue and not very common.

On 06/08/2019 at 23:21, MrRee said:

I hope it works out OK for you. 14 weeks will be mid November and you could get hit by a 10% tariff, if there is a no deal Brexit at the end of October.

21 hours ago, MrRee said:

Got a build week of 8th September 2019.

I'm guessing a month from build to my drive?

That will escape any Brexit Tariffs .... let's hope!

If it helps. Mine was completed last Wednesday. Phone call today to say it is already on the boat! 

On 07/08/2019 at 18:14, roaddetective said:

My last 2011 Octavia VRS was in Race Blue. My current Octavia VRS is in Quartz Grey. Both really great colours. I think Race Blue just about takes top honours, but I do love my Quartz Grey just as much.  

Sames route as me Race Blue FL O2 vRS to Quartz Grey FL O3 vRS 😊 😍

32 minutes ago, andygman said:

If it helps. Mine was completed last Wednesday. Phone call today to say it is already on the boat! 

What date did you order and what date did they start the build? Cheers.