Slow factory orders

jinxgj

21 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

So been on live chat today and just had an unconfirmed build date of 4th November - which would put delivery end November early December - which is 5 weeks later than the 12 week delivery at point of order....

Dealer says it MAY improve when it gets confirmed.....

Them TSI units seem much slower than the TDI's to get through the assembly- At least you'll have a decent christmas present!

4 minutes ago, ChinChiminey85 said:

it's all a lottery and there is no logic - pot luck it seems 

on the subject of lottery it's £107m tonight ... more chance of winning that than getting firm updates on my car

My contract estimated date was oct 30th and the build date supplied seems to comply with that

Was yours similar?

my estimated delivery date is 1st week of Nov

my dealer says he expects the car to be built end of Oct and delivery late Nov so 4 weeks late

but i don't understand how the dealer has an 'expected delivery date' but skoda chat still say there isnt anything on the system just that the factory accepted the order. 

On 21/08/2019 at 13:54, jinxgj said:

I ordered it with a 12 week lead time, so I would expect to get my deposit back on cancellation as they have not met the contract. I would give them 4 weeks grace, but multiple months is not good enough.  If the dealership had said November from the start I would have been able to better assess my options at the time and make an informed decision.

I ordered my VRS at the end of March and despite being told 20-22 weeks for delivery it was in the UK by the end of May.

From a legal perspective, my order form stated a delivery date of 02/09/2019 and if you read the small print you'll find you can only wriggle out of the contract if they fail to deliver by that date.

The cynical part of me wonders whether dealers artificially inflate the ETA to avoid such events 🙄

Update:

I have cancelled my order and I am receiving a full refund of the deposit.  T&Cs state that the car must be delivered within 28 days of the agreed delivery date (in my case end September)  and since the car is not programmed to be built until after this date i contended to the dealer that the contract was null and they agreed with no resistance.

FWIW, i spoke with Skoda the other day again for another update before i made my decision and they said that it was likely i would not see the car before January, so that was the final nail in the coffin for me.

I now have some rubber mats, mud flaps, media headrest accessories and bag hook to sell on.

Sorry to hear you’ve cancelled. Must be infuriating but at least you have deposit back. 

I’ve just checked my t’s and c’s and it definitely states if goods are not delivered 3 months of the estimated delivery date then I can cancel and have my deposit returned. 

Seems like all dealers have different terms on cancellation. Annoying. 

Edited by ChinChiminey85

Can anyone tell me when they have a build date confirmed how far ahead in weeks that was from when you were told the prod date?

skoda today still can’t give me a build date but I’ve been ‘reassured’ that my estimated delivery date of 7th Nov is still highly likely. 

Given we are 8 wks away from 7th Nov and it takes a month to get the car to the dealer once built that’s effectively saying within the next 4 weeks the car will be built - even though there is no date yet. 

Bullsh*t or possibility?

I was never given a build week with my car being a lease car, I was only ever told mid Sept to early Oct. I ordered it back in May. I got a call yesterday which I missed telling me it was now here and ready to schedule delivery to my house. So I should get it in the next few days. 

Interesting thread, a few points:-

1. If we leave the EU without a deal we will observe WTO rules and that would add a 10% Tariff to the cars imported.

2. For this reason I had the Dealer write on the order form that I can cancel and get my deposit back if tariffs increase the price.

3. Without this clause the 10% is payable, it is a duty/tax and out of the control of Skoda - hence why I wanted the opt out clause.

4. I ordered my vRS on 6th August 2019 and received a confirmed build date of W/C 8th September 2019 - on 23rd August 2019.

5. Assuming a month from build week to delivery week I should take ownership around 10th October 2019, or in that week anyway.

6. I'm guessing that, if Skoda are clever, they will push through the UK orders as quickly as they can - not wanting the 10% tariff increase to drop orders.

My spec. TSi Hatch vRS Octy, Race Blue, Sunroof, Heated Seats, DCC and Towbar

I'm staggered how some above have been waiting so long - and still don't have build dates!!??

Edited by MrRee
  • Like 1

Just been on the online chat with Skoda UK asking if they could help. When I told them I didn't even have an order number, despite placing the order 4 weeks ago, they said they would contact the dealer direct. 10 mins later phone call from the dealer with my order number. However no build week, its just in the 'consignment phase' (WTF), and it could be another 3 - 6 weeks before a build week is allocated! At this rate it'll be Christmas!

33 minutes ago, BGB said:

I skimmed the intranet today and saw Kodiaq has no free build slots until week 45. Wether this is just Norway or all countries I dont know. 

See my earlier post.

This would tie in with what my dealer has told me. Unconfirmed build week end of Oct (week 44/45) and delivery end of Nov. 

On 30/08/2019 at 20:27, jinxgj said:

Update:

I have cancelled my order and I am receiving a full refund of the deposit.  T&Cs state that the car must be delivered within 28 days of the agreed delivery date (in my case end September)  and since the car is not programmed to be built until after this date i contended to the dealer that the contract was null and they agreed with no resistance.

Grab a Seat Tarraco instead, plenty of brand new cars floating around, fully loaded, and with really, really good pricing compared to the Kodiaq.

At least with the latest political shenanigans, let's leave our own opinions to one side, it looks like it'll be into the new year before any additional taxes could be imposed by europe.

On 02/09/2019 at 23:45, SimonAudi said:

I chatted with them earlier - my unconfirmed date last week of the 4th November is now an unconfirmed date of 11th November.....

Well its still unconfirmed.... but back to 4th November......

1 hour ago, SimonAudi said:

Well its still unconfirmed.... but back to 4th November......

How? why?

I just had my code 20 notification for week 39. Should be built by end of the month.

Not sure I'll bother with a new build again, I'll stick to nearly new and save on all this. There really should be a site to log on to and track exactly the status of your car as it progresses.

There'd be much less attempting to make sense of things on forums if we could access the info at will.