Slow factory orders

jinxgj

11 minutes ago, Exyeti said:

Evening all. Can anyone advise what an order number looks like, how many digits etc. Just wondering if it's on the paperwork the dealer has given me. 

Mine wasn't on any of the order paperwork. I had to ask the dealer who told me they don't usually give it out as a matter of course. 

44 minutes ago, Exyeti said:

Evening all. Can anyone advise what an order number looks like, how many digits etc. Just wondering if it's on the paperwork the dealer has given me. 

Skoda online chat found mine no problem with my name and address. 

Got through, order number supplied by chat, still awaiting build week to be confirmed.

1.5 DSG edition, Race blue, (sirius wheels) sleep pack, heated screen, spare wheel, front isofix

Ordered 24 Oct, estimated delivery 12 March at the time of ordering...

23 hours ago, SimonAudi said:

My L&K arrived to Grimsby today.... so unless its damaged - should be good for mid December collection... 

Mine was on the boat a week ago, and I pick it up on Saturday. Got through the port quicker than I expected..

• Like 1

After much soul searching and mulling options I decided to not pursue the Skoda option any more.  I ordered a BMW X4M at the weekend which I will get in a couple of weeks.  Worth the extra per month in my opinion....although I am sure many will disagree.

I wish all of you luck with your new Skodas when you eventually get them.

Gaz

• Like 1

Someone has to pay out actual money for BMW / Management / Employees / Salespeople driving the Product, then so many Used cars sitting unsold, and the good deals that can be had leasing, and then those cars sitting not selling when returned used.

Nice shirts, suits, shoes and showrooms don't come cheap..

DSCN4169.JPG.cf76155e77ad99aba4e4417a339fa5e5.jpeg

DSCN4159.JPG.ed2020cd3d970ded56951a56f3f13b93.jpeg

Edited by Roottootemoot

Cheapest one currently on Autotrader...

image.png.02fae649cc1a512bd5d72d3692f13e74.png

Cheapest one from a BMW dealer, some depreciation right there, £20,000 in 10 miles :D

image.png.7356eb39f81a82bf122859976bb3763c.png

Edited by silver1011

Ignore the 80k.

A new Kodiaq VRS with £2614 deposit is £631 over 3 years.

X4M £566 over 4 years with £0 deposit, actually advertised at £581, but I got it for £566 (some loyalty discount bunkum....but saved me £15 a month so I will take it!!)

Gfmv on skoda £19943

Gfmv on BMW £38712

So unless you need 7 seats and cant afford the extra insurance (in my case the difference in insurance costs between the two is £22)...then why not....you only live once 😄

Edited by jinxgj
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Who on earth pays north of £400 for a Kodiaq a month, let alone £600!

All depends on how you juggle the finance really. 

If I roughly calculate my own kodiaq into a similar small deposit example as above, mine would have been well over 500 quid a month if I'd chosen to finance mine that way. 

In very round numbers @silver1011what was the top line price of your own kodiaq if you don't mind me asking? 

Edited by Gmac983

My point wasn't to illustrate individuals income or outgoings, it was more about value for money.

The finance example I illustrated above is a prime example of a bad deal. Whether it is the total amount paid at £47,000 or the monthly amount at £630, that is a huge chunk of money to pay for a Skoda. I baulked at £29,000 for mine.

12 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

My point wasn't to illustrate individuals income or outgoings, it was more about value for money.

The finance example I illustrated above is a prime example of a bad deal. Whether it is the total amount paid at £47,000 or the monthly amount at £630, that is a huge chunk of money to pay for a Skoda. I baulked at £29,000 for mine.

Wasn't my point either, couldn't care less what anyone else makes or spends. Was only using my own vehicle and yours as relevant point of reference examples nothing more. 

But putting your 29k kodiaq into a similar arrangement would be over £400 a month (I'm guessing abit at what your end of term value might be.) 

Many people don't wish to make large upfront deposits on their vehicles and instead prefer to have a fixed monthly (even though it might be a high figure) cost with a fixed finally value. Hence why PCP is by far and away the most popular means to finance a car purchase. 

Edited by Gmac983

4 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Interesting.  Why do you say "for a Skoda"?

Do you think that a Skoda is less well made than other cars or the materials worse?  I went around lot's of cars before I bought a Kodiaq and tbh the difference between a Skoda and VW was non existant.  Between an Audi and a Skoda it was marginal at best.

No axe to grind either way as I am very happy with my choice, just interested in other opinions.