Sat Nav Maps Update not working?

I went to the Skoda Sat Nav site (http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-GB/Updates) today to update my cars maps as they haven't been updated for about a year.

When I entered my cars VIN I got the message :

There are no map and software updates available for this VIN. Please contact your local retailer for more information.

I would expect a list of the latest Maps update.

Does this mean my SatNav is no longer supported?

If you want the latest maps without waiting for Skoda to fix their shoddy portal, use the VW site and download the equivalent Discover Media (Amundsen) or Discover Pro (Colombus) maps for a Golf 

1 hour ago, Kenai said:

If you want the latest maps without waiting for Skoda to fix their shoddy portal, use the VW site and download the equivalent Discover Media (Amundsen) or Discover Pro (Colombus) maps for a Golf 

+1 

I purchased an SD card from @Rustynuts when I retrofitted my MIB2 Amundsen and he put the latest VW maps on it - works a treat 😀

• Like 1

Are there any differences in the VW maps eg the graphics or the guideance voice? And how do you change over? Do you use your existing Skoda SD card or another one?

thanks

Nick

2 hours ago, NikTheGeek said:

Are there any differences in the VW maps eg the graphics or the guideance voice? And how do you change over? Do you use your existing Skoda SD card or another one?

thanks

Nick

They're identical, you just copy the data onto your Skoda SD card as you usually would, the only difference is where the download is located on the Internet

• Thanks 1

I got fed up waiting for Skoda to provide updates for their maps back in August, so I did exactly as Kenai describes above. It worked perfectly. If you think about it logically, it makes no sense for the VW Group to pay people to produce separate maps for different marques.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirky2k2 said:

I can confirm updating the maps works fine using the data from VW's site

My maps are now running version ece1 2020

Its dead easy to do as well

:thumbup:

Instructions?

2 hours ago, NikTheGeek said:

Instructions?

VW have a very easy to follow PDF, another area they make Skoda look sub par imo. 

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/dam/jcr:87a72c9d-8349-4d2b-bb04-79efdb7c14eb/Discover Media MIB Gen.2 June_2019_EN.pdf

That particular set for a 2017 onwards Discover Media (Amundsen), it gives the link at the bottom of the map selections for your chosen car/radio

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 20:09, Kenai said:

Which version of mapas did you download? Once you select the type of infotainment system you have, you get a choice that says bundle 1, bundle 2 etc..... I downloaded bundle 1 and 2 but they do not seem compatible? Any help is appreciated.

btw I have a 2015 octavia vas diesel.

I downloaded the MIB2 maps for my Octavia (thanks very much Kenai!), and they now show up as the 2018/2019 version. But I was faintly disappointed that the France maps don't include the new (reduced) speed limits for rural areas. They still show 90kph for all single-carriageway roads outside towns, where in fact the limit is 80kph - with a few exceptions. Both Garmin and Google Maps show the right speed limits, so it's a pity VAG couldn't get their own act together.

6 minutes ago, Araucaria said:

I downloaded the MIB2 maps for my Octavia (thanks very much Kenai!), and they now show up as the 2018/2019 version. But I was faintly disappointed that the France maps don't include the new (reduced) speed limits for rural areas. They still show 90kph for all single-carriageway roads outside towns, where in fact the limit is 80kph - with a few exceptions. Both Garmin and Google Maps show the right speed limits, so it's a pity VAG couldn't get their own act together.

Not even a new one- The French national speed limits of 80kph has been in place since 1st July 2018. They were already on my Tomtom last year (Sept 2018)

Edited by bigjohn

11 hours ago, Araucaria said:

Maybe you downloaded the wrong map? I live in France and I can state categorically that the map I downloaded from the VW website in September DOES show the 80 km/h limit. The fact that Skoda was over a year late in getting their act together in this regard was precisely the reason I went to the VW site. See my post above dated 13th October.

I can't go out to the car to check the map date as it is chucking it down here at the moment. Sorry.

Edited by Gasconman

1 hour ago, Gasconman said:

Maybe you downloaded the wrong map? I live in France and I can state categorically that the map I downloaded from the VW website in September DOES show the 80 km/h limit. The fact that Skoda was over a year late in getting their act together in this regard was precisely the reason I went to the VW site. See my post above dated 13th October.

I can't go out to the car to check the map date as it is chucking it down here at the moment. Sorry.

Is there a later update than 2018/2019 for the MIB2? Or is it possible that VAG had updated parts of France but not bothered with la France Profonde round here (the Cantal)?

I used this direct link, posted here in mid-2018, but I suppose it has possibly by now been superseded - http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2718_1030.7z

Ah yes, possibly this one is the latest (80kph) updated version: http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1310_V11.7z

If anyone can confirm that is the latest for the MIB2, I'll download it. I have a very slow connection here (we're talking 6 hours or more for the download) and it often fails midway, so I don't want to start before I'm sure!

Edited by Araucaria
typo

Go to this link, choose Passat / Discover Media and then scroll down for map options:

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/10;?car=3f24d9b8-3e18-43d7-b3fe-3f2e3e7925ca&navi=f7d60bb5-e4c7-4f15-a629-ed994e464a9f

Edited by Gasconman

Thanks Gasconman. In fact when I went to page you have just suggested, I found that I was eventually able to get through to the MIB2 maps for the whole of Europe, and these were the ones my link earlier today goes to as well.

Now it's just a matter or watching paint dry for 6 or 7 hours!

Can I just add another thankyou to everyone on this forum for their helpful contributions.

I now have the "2020" maps for Europe, and these do indeed include the new reduced speed limits in rural parts of France.

Hi all, further to this topic, how on earth do I know what ICE my Octavia 16 plate has?

Details are: 

5Q0035874A

Hardware: H24

Software: 0245

NAV database: 5L0051236H  0521  ECE 2016

They all look so alike and I cannot nail down what it is.. Oh, it has the maps on SD card 2 and a spare SD slot (1) for media.

Thanks in advance,

Mark