Real world MPG figures, what's yours?

150 estate, manual. OBC says ive done 57mpg over the last 3k. real figure is more like 52. 

thats using start stop in town, a couple of motorway trips a week and then driving through london for the rest of the time. 

I've got a 2.0 Diesel Estate, 150bhp manual.

Motorway driving if I'm being sensible and sitting in eco with acc on 70-75 then ill get high 50's easily. 

If I'm hungry on my commute home and want my tea asap, I'll stick it in sport and sit at 90+, then I'm looking at about 44

280 TSI hatch now covered 15.5k miles; long term MPG is 23. The car is infrequently used around town midweek and then longer journeys/family duties over the weekend. 

I didn’t buy the car for it’s economy 😀

• Like 3

2.0 TDI 150 estate. My long term average is 54 UK mpg but includes a fair bit of congested city driving. On longer commutes and keeping within the speed limits I can get 60 mpg. A couple of times I went home from work by myself (no kids in the car to make me want to arrive fast 😉 ), only with fuel economy in mind to see how good it could be, and over a ~20 Km distance I was able to do 85 mpg. Other than the leaving town part (included in the 20 km distance), this was accomplished by driving at under 80 km/h in 5th gear,  mostly flat roads.

PS: this is the OBC data, but at least the long term figures should be pretty accurate according to the distance traveled with each full tank. 

Edited by pcspinheiro

190tdi DSG Saloon

All types of driving........normally between 45mpg and 48mpg  over a full tank (1100kms)

Car regularly sits for long periods at 130kmh/140kmh and often see's 180kmh (obviously when I'm in Germany your honour)

280 saloon

Dawdling through my new 5 mile commute in eco mode with stupid traffic-light sequencing (meaning I have to stop at every single set 😠) is now getting me a reported 30mpg

Motorway high 30s

Towing caravan 22

Average since purchase in March 2016 - 24.7mpg

All bar the first one calculated when filling up the tank though I find the car is only about 2% off on the Maxidot.

1.4 TSI (148ps) DSG. App says 46.4 average since I got the car in March. Starting to drop now as we get into Autumn though. 90% motorway though 50mpg avg speed limit. Generally quite light on the right foot. 

1.6 TDi 120PS, I drive 50 miles each way on dual carriageway to the office bar a mile each end, plus trips off to various sites at times.  Using Fuelly over the last 3 years 5 months (so missed about 8k at the start as I didn't know about the app), I'm showing as an average of 56mpg over a distance of 105,252 miles.  I'm not a boy racer (and the car doesn't really allow for much of that anyway), but I'm usually at the national limit so not actively trying to improve the result.

Scarily the app tells me I've spent £10,346 on fuel in that time, not sure I wanted to know that!  Click on the link in my footer and it should take you to the stats.

2016 280. I mainly drive very short 2mile round trips (2-3 times a week), maybe 20miles weekends on A roads with remainder longer trips that make up about 6000miles a year. 

30mpg average is what the computer says. I reckon it's more like 28mpg , 10km/L

2016 150 TDi Combi with 37.000 miles on clock

Over the 6700 miles I've owned it the stats are :-

Average 48mpg    Worst 44mpg     Best 53

Driving about 40% town, 60% country, including motorways at 70-75

2017 162KW Wagon 34,000 km always averaged 8 - 8.5 L/100km in suburban driving however on Long trip Melbourne to Sydney (1,000 km approx) fully loaded car 6.5 l/100 Left Sydney with a full tank made it 1 hour south of Melbourne city with 100km to spare. (1100 km)

• Like 2

2016 Hatch L&K 2.0TSI 220 DSG

19" alloys

Michelin PilotSport4 tyres all round

Revo stage 1 and a few other minor bits

I do 16k miles per year

Average mpg floats around 30

Long motorway runs 40+

Early days here too, owned since 1st Sept. 

2.0 Tdi 150 manual 

Worst 48 best 58, worked out manually on actual figures.

Commute is 7 miles each way mix of town and country 30/40/50 zones. Done a few motorway journeys too. Probably 2:1 ratio mileage.