Living With A Sportline Plus 272 Hatch

Back to work this morning after a week on holiday in the Superb and despite a chilly 6C outside it still managed 40.5mpg. Got to work 25 more days then on holiday for 3 weeks so the Superb will have a nice rest because we will use the Karoq and leave that at the airport like we usually do. Probably book 2 weeks in Turkey next week when I get paid if the wife can decide which Hotel she wants to stay. Her current favourite is a 75 minute coach trip from the airport which is not ideal.:notme:

Checked in settings today when the first oil change is due and computer said in 112 days or 3,700 miles which will be either January 2021 or around 17,500 miles whichever comes first. Find out then how the Michelin's are doing but not too bothered as I have 4 ready to go on the car already in the garage.:talking:

On 26/09/2020 at 07:38, shyVRS245 said:

Back to work this morning after a week on holiday in the Superb and despite a chilly 6C outside it still managed 40.5mpg. Got to work 25 more days then on holiday for 3 weeks so the Superb will have a nice rest because we will use the Karoq and leave that at the airport like we usually do. Probably book 2 weeks in Turkey next week when I get paid if the wife can decide which Hotel she wants to stay. Her current favourite is a 75 minute coach trip from the airport which is not ideal.:notme:

Rent a nice car at the airport, perhaps? You might even be offered a Skoda.......

We collected a new Race Blue Octy at Alicante a few years ago & put quite a few Kms on it without any problems.

Didn't hotel though, rented an apartment so we did have to do some food shopping as well as eating out. 

• Thanks 1

I don't mind the coach transfer TBH this time it will be in the dark as we should arrive just before midnight local time and will go straight to bed after we pass the temperature check etc on arrival.:emoticon-0157-sun:

1 minute ago, old newbie2 said:

No way Nick, he's younger than I......

Not by much.........:thinking:

18 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I don't mind the coach transfer TBH this time it will be in the dark as we should arrive just before midnight local time and will go straight to bed after we pass the temperature check etc on arrival.:emoticon-0157-sun:

Not by much.........:thinking:

I'd guess 15-20 years apart.

Old farts thread 😜

I turn 50 next month and am more immature now than I was when I was 30 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MICKSVRS said:

Old farts thread 😜

Good guess think we all fart more as well as forget stuff when we turn 50.............not long to find out for yourself.

• Like 1

Born in Leicester and proud to see the Football Team punching hard at the top of the Premier League with a stunning 5-2 victory at the Etihad Stadium. Man City home record before this game was won 10 drawn 1 so a nice surprise for Leicester City fans everywhere. Well done to Jamie Vardy the fastest 33 year old striker probably in World Football on his hat-trick and vastly under-rated despite his impressive goal scoring record.:)

4 hours ago, MICKSVRS said:

Old farts thread 😜

I can't remember that far back, except that I was on holiday that year & enjoyed a couple of weeks in a Chrysler LHS......

As for maturity, SWMBO & I know that we're (supposedly) too old to enjoy our Golfs, we've even been looking for an affordable Arteon as a replacement.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

I can't remember that far back, except that I was on holiday that year & enjoyed a couple of weeks in a Chrysler LHS......

As for maturity, SWMBO & I know that we're (supposedly) too old to enjoy our Golfs, we've even been looking for an affordable Arteon as a replacement.

Arteon is a stunning looking car although I’ve never been in one never mind drive one. 

Chatting with a container driver who is off to Cornwall soon with his family in a 1991 Diesel Land Rover and he told me last year over 850 mile round trip to the same part of the country it used nearly £300 of fuel. Compare that to the Superb's last tank which cost £64.86 used less than 56 litres of petrol yet covered 574 miles.:blush

One of the less obvious differences between a Sportline and the better equipped Sportline Plus are the heated seats, blind spot detection which is very useful if you spend as much time as I do on a motorway and the Dynamic Progressive Steering which makes it feel very sporty for such a large vehicle. All the little extra options on the Sportline Plus really are worthwhile and make a huge difference in day to day driving so don't try and save a £1,000 when buying second hand and go for the better Plus model.

Our Karoq has really not been driven much recently so when I filled it up this morning not too surprised since the last tank 25 days ago it had covered just 261 miles (now done 27,317) using 29.28 litres at a cost of £31.30. That is the second worst average this year as most of the journeys have been completed by the wife over short distances. Works out at 40.53mpg (6.44 gallons). Using it for 8 more nights so the next tank will be much better.

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

As it’s nearly 8 months since the stage 1 remap in February decided to repost some images of the map and explain some of the big differences between standard and modified.

24BB3ADB-E118-4FF0-ADEC-8CB82B4F64E7.jpeg

C7ED82D8-430A-4388-A8AD-9D5D660FCC80.jpeg

C9EE64C4-4162-4E7E-A4AA-F56C2A6F4B77.jpeg

More torque & lower down too, much more useful than max power at high RPM's.