Social Distancing support, advice and tips & a little humour.

@Lee

4 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

That's so true - we experience that in north Devon where we live and over the last few days also in north Dorset.

How can we get everyone to understand that social distancing applies EVEN IF you are wearing a face mask?

i was crouched down lookin through arack of paint samples a couple of weeks ago and a man in his late fifties all but mounted me from behind to get a sample from a shelf 4inches above my head. i side stepped out from under him and looked up then said " do you want a have a look?!"  he looked at me, took one looked at it put it back and wandered off. dip****.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

i was crouched down lookin through arack of paint samples a couple of weeks ago and a man in his late fifties all but mounted me from behind to get a sample from a shelf 4inches above my head. i side stepped out from under him and looked up then said " do you want a have a look?!"  he looked at me, took one looked at it put it back and wandered off. dip****.

Unfortunately some people don't seem to get it. :x

• Like 1

To be fair now that everyone is wearing a mask within shops maintaning a 1 or 2m distance is less vital and impossible to achieve in most shops anyway.

Anyone over the age of 42 will know that reading or recognising products on the shelf is a real problem when there are other shoppers either in front or behind, you either have to step back & then someone steps in front or put on reading glasses & get very close.

I was at the till in Lidl, they throw the stuff through so fast that you have to step up smart with your bag, the guy before was faffing around & not keeping a distance, no problem for me as we were both wearing masks except his was below his nose, I asked him to put it on properly but he didn't hear (not easy when you lip read partially like I do) so he leaned right over me within 6" and shouted "HEIN!"  (what?) at which point I jumped back in an exaggerated gesture and repeated myself in a loud voice.

We will all fail to get it at some time or another, politely remind others by all means but have some perspective.

After running last Saturday I went into the pharmacy (run by a fellow runner) for my eye medication and completely forgot my mask, the person serving had not even noticed when I did, on another occasion it might be her that forgets, there was a screen between us.

20 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Anyone over the age of 42 will know that reading or recognising products on the shelf is a real problem when there are other shoppers either in front or behind, you either have to step back & then someone steps in front or put on reading glasses & get very close.

The thing is that everything takes longer if you keep your distance and some people, especially younger ones, just don't have the patience necessary so rather than social distance they rush around as if things were "normal" thereby putting the rest of us (and their older relatives, at risk.

In general they are putting themselves & their peers at risk, cluster testing in the universities in my area has revealed between 32 and 54% positive CV19 results :o

12 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Your level 5 is about where quite a few of the local councils around us are now; Preston, Liverpool to name just two.  We're stuck in trhe middle (Chorley) with the forces of darkness gradually closing in on us.

Depressing :(

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, e-Roottoot said:

I do the same if nobody near me.

TFL rules state he should be wearing a mask ;) 

If you are using TfL services, please follow these safety and hygiene measures. They help protect you and everyone else on the transport network. 

• Plan your journey in advance and, where possible, travel when it is less busy 
  • Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth, unless you are exempt for age, health or accessibility reasons 
  • Maintain social distancing where possible 
  • Follow signs, listen to announcements and pay attention to our staff 
  • Wash your hands before and after your journey 
  • Carry hand sanitiser or use sanitiser points at stations 
  • Use contactless or Oyster to pay for your travel 
  • Follow government advice for safer travel and check the safer travel information sheet 

• Like 1

It will not be a surprise to find out he has a medical exemption and is just taking the pith with the halfy!.

If not he will be fully conversant with the rules and can use the age card and that he needed to get a breath or he would be in distress.

A Daily Mail reader anyway so rules do not apply to them..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You have given me an idea of how to stop my glasses steaming up Lee :thumbup:

And also how to get into fights :D

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, J.R. said:

You have given me an idea of how to stop my glasses steaming up Lee :thumbup:

And also how to get into fights :D

They're a struggle to get back out, mind
tenor.gif.182fc697a5c4dbb1b5c9f6b2bd3eea6c.gif

As a follow up to my comment yesterday I thought I would count how many drivers get out of their lorry without wearing a face mask and stick their head through my gatehouse window today and in the first 10 hours of my shift the total has been 8 with 3 from the UK and 5 from the EU. Perhaps this is because the COVID-19 virus doesn't exist anywhere in the EU anymore?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

As a follow up to my comment yesterday I thought I would count how many drivers get out of their lorry without wearing a face mask and stick their head through my gatehouse window today

Do you wear a mask?