MPG. It's taking over my life.

On 02/05/2020 at 00:43, shyVRS245 said:

Got the best commute in the wife's 148bhp petrol Karoq on tonight's commute of 59.2mpg this year so far. It will be rested for 6 days as I swap back into my Superb next week.

Now bettered with a 64 and new PB of 66.2mpg.😉

Since the last refuel (over 2 moths ago) the current avg mpg in my 280 is indicated as 24.1 mpg. Short stop start local journeys & considerable use of the Sport setting 💨 The best I have done so far in the 280 is 35mpg on a 42 mile motorway commute which is way off the best I achieved in my old Series II  2.0 170TDi DSG Superb Combi which regularly managed 64.2 mpg north bound on the M1 between J4 & J14 on my then daily commute home. It's funny but the same trip in reverse south bound in the mornings to work never achieved the north bound figures which is counter intuitive because as we all know going north is all uphill 🤣

Must be the magnetic pull effect of the north pole 🙃

I get better mpg going to work from J22 to J20 M1 which is slightly down hill and worse going home uphill but I also drive home faster after a 12 hour shift. Ying and Yang, happy going to work and angry driving home probably.😬

1 minute ago, CharlieFarleyy said:

68.2mpg three days ago on a 21 miles route home. Next level careful. I have proof but it's not letting me upload photo into the reply! 

I believe you what engine/gearbox is that with?

12 hours ago, D402 said:

Short drive in the Cotswolds last night, disappointed that I couldn't stop to capture the peak of 118mpg!

IMG_20200604_210248.jpg

Snowshill to Broadway in case you're wondering, perhaps not representative of normal usage 😉

My neck of the woods! Well when I'm working! That's a very downhill drive ;)

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

I believe you what engine/gearbox is that with?

150 TSI Auto DSG

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieFarleyy said:

My neck of the woods! Well when I'm working! That's a very downhill drive ;)

150 TSI Auto DSG

That's good going then with the 1.5TSi engine although the combination of ACT and coasting in Eco when it drops revs to about 800rpm certainly helps.😉

Meh’. Mapped 235bhp and 540nm diesel sportline 4x4. Long term average about 38 and on a 350 mile round trip the other day I got 41 mpg. Forget yr 50’s haha 

• Haha 1

This was my best last year, first Manchester to Reading, second on the way back. Theoretical range on way back was 1,100 miles

image.thumb.jpeg.1f293e1e096ed1fed28f3f3188546c18.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f4970ee04e15ceea03f55cceb7e6e64d.jpeg

Edited by Mike66
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MiniEggs said:

On a run can you get 60+ out of a 190TDi 4x4 DSG Estate ?

Absolutely not a chance. Maybe if you are on a run... but the car stays parked at home haha. 
you perhaps could at 60mph. 

Well, I'm no detective, but I'd guess you were exceeding the national speed limit and and taking a photograph while driving. 

Ha! Only jealous because I can only manage an average of about half that. 😀

3 hours ago, freelunch said:

Well, I'm no detective, but I'd guess you were exceeding the national speed limit and and taking a photograph while driving. 

Ha! Only jealous because I can only manage an average of about half that. 😀

Indicated 75 isn't 75 though, 71-72 on GPS. Mrs took the photo, well about 30,and only one was any good!

You probably just need a tractor engine to get similar figures...

• Haha 1

@MiniEggs

Anything in a brochure is nothing to do with actual adult people in seats of a vehicle and stuff in the boot and taking them for a drive that is not test conditions on a road or a rolling road.

Next year the figures will be totally different with RDE2 if the vehicles are even still being built.

8 hours ago, MiniEggs said:

According to the brochure the 190tdi 4x4 L&K estate is 44.8

The 4x4 seems to cost about 4mpg

The DSG about 1 mpg

The 190 vs 150 about 5 mpg

Not too far off, 51.6mpg average over 42,000km on a 190 manual combi 2wd

Short drive in the Swiss Alps saw over 100 mpg,   It was from Beatenberg to Interlaken (down a big hill).  Regularly see 100 mpg for the first 3-4 miles from the office on the way home (Romsley to Halesowen is downhill) but these are not realistic.

Most unexpected was 84mpg from Solihull (Just north of NEC) to Stafford.  M6 in the rush hour with 50mph limits from joining to leaving the M6 and traffic flowing fairly well in a 2.0 diesel passat saloon.

Now somewhere I have a photo showing an aggregate of 'Miles since fill' and 'range' of over 1000 miles.  Anyone else achieved that?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

Short drive in the Swiss Alps saw over 100 mpg,   It was from Beatenberg to Interlaken (down a big hill).  Regularly see 100 mpg for the first 3-4 miles from the office on the way home (Romsley to Halesowen is downhill) but these are not realistic.

Most unexpected was 84mpg from Solihull (Just north of NEC) to Stafford.  M6 in the rush hour with 50mph limits from joining to leaving the M6 and traffic flowing fairly well in a 2.0 diesel passat saloon.

Now somewhere I have a photo showing an aggregate of 'Miles since fill' and 'range' of over 1000 miles.  Anyone else achieved that?

as you can see further up, after 183 mile drive, my combined figure is just over 1,100 miles

• 3 weeks later...

Too posh for rush hours in this part of the Cotswolds!

Just noticed that my eco score increased from 81 to 94 while mpg dropped from 101 to 32 🤔

• 3 months later...

After seeing Shy..'s post be flamed I thought i would try here .

First tank (yes first - it is nowhere near run in yet) of my 2020 2.0 150 came in at 64.7 mpg (Brim to brim over 874.8 miles).  About half of it was a run over to Norfolk in September, the rest local runs of up to 30 miles.  

This makes it about as good as the three year old 60k (well run in) car that went back in April.  I presume they have updated the engine.

• Like 1