• 1 year later...

Hello! I have just tried to replace my sensor but failed :( . I found the sensor under the scuttle panel but couldn't work out how to 

1. Disconnect the electrical connector - there seemed to be some sort of hard collar around the plug on the sensor 

2. Undo the old sensor from the bracket - its like a barbed design - presume just squeeze from underneath but seems a bit tricky? 

Can anyone who has done this diy remember how to do it. Sorry if I'm being thick. Thanks David 

Edited by Vidmor

4 hours ago, Vidmor said:

Hello! I have just tried to replace my sensor but failed 😞. I found the sensor under the scuttle panel but couldn't work out how to 

1. Disconnect the electrical connector - there seemed to be some sort of hard collar around the plug on the sensor 

2. Undo the old sensor from the bracket - its like a barbed design - presume just squeeze from underneath but seems a bit tricky? 

Can anyone who has done this diy remember how to do it. Sorry if I'm being thick. Thanks David 

Just out of interest how are you getting to the scuttle area? When I looked on mine I’m sure it looks like the wipers need to be removed.

Others had said on here it slides off but can’t see how, could you take a picture of your mesh panel area when it’s off please?

Sure will do next time I'm back under there - it lifts up enough for access without removing the wipers. Best wishes David 

Best wishes 

David 

• 3 months later...

Bit of an old thread but the information is still relevant and helped he today to find the sensor. I couldn't get one today so I just cleaned the plug / socket with contact cleaner and put it back in. Ran VCDS again, cleared the fault and it didn't come back (yet).

This started off as a weird problem, driving along put the car into Sport. foot down, engine temperature went to the top, 2 minute later back to the middle. Next happened again. Last night air wouldn't come out of the middle dash vents, with the sensor working the vents are open again. Things are over engineered sometimes, years ago I had an old VW camper van, For fresh air a level open a flap at the front... 

For reference have a 2019 Superb Sportline +.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Copy -> Paste to save info in one tread

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

Replaced the AQS Sensor in my Superb today.

Old - 5Q0907643D (HW 30; SW 119)

New - 5Q0907643F (HW 32; SW 120)

Hopefully no more intermittent errors with the Air Conditioning Module 08 anymore.

This was the error I would get randomly, sometimes....

"Air Quality Sensor B10AF04 [008] - Internal System Fault"

Fingers crossed.

20231019_201406-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.e9b3fc2622b8c0f535db0b54defafd10.jpg

My AQS is also broken and Just wondering whether it has any influence on the cabin temperature thermostat? I need to set my climate control to about 4 degrees higher than the temperature I want, eg 24 deg to achieve 20 deg.  

2 hours ago, Gammyleg said:

My AQS is also broken and Just wondering whether it has any influence on the cabin temperature thermostat? I need to set my climate control to about 4 degrees higher than the temperature I want, eg 24 deg to achieve 20 deg.  

The air quality sensor only has an affect on air recirculating and air con particulate removal properties 

• Like 1

Incidentally does the air recirculation button light come on if triggered by the air quality sensor? Only asking because I have never noticed it coming on of its own accord in 40k miles (and my air quality sensor is functioning) 

2 minutes ago, Vidmor said:

Incidentally does the air recirculation button light come on if triggered by the air quality sensor? Only asking because I have never noticed it coming on of its own accord in 40k miles (and my air quality sensor is functioning) 

No visible indication to the driver. 

You can go to the climate menu, settings and make sure auto recirculation is selected though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/10/2023 at 13:10, MartiniB said:

Copy -> Paste to save info in one tread

On 19/10/2023 at 11:20, JR RS said:

Replaced the AQS Sensor in my Superb today.

Old - 5Q0907643D (HW 30; SW 119)

New - 5Q0907643F (HW 32; SW 120)

Hopefully no more intermittent errors with the Air Conditioning Module 08 anymore.

This was the error I would get randomly, sometimes....

"Air Quality Sensor B10AF04 [008] - Internal System Fault"

Fingers crossed.

20231019_201406-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.e9b3fc2622b8c0f535db0b54defafd10.jpg

Expand  

I've checked the reference of my Air Quality Sensor. It's 5Q0 607 943D. I can't find back  @ApertureS information whether F version can replace D version with or without mandatory SW update. 😐

TIA for your help. 

There are big price differences depending on C, D or F version... 😯

50 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

I've checked the reference of my Air Quality Sensor. It's 5Q0 607 943D. I can't find back  @ApertureS information whether F version can replace D version with or without mandatory SW update. 😐

TIA for your help. 

tis been 2 plus weeks now and so far no AQS Intermittent errors that i used to get prior.
i went from D to F and there was no SW update required.
everything continues to work as it should.

the only thing i don't have is Air Care.  I didn't have it prior - i did try enabling it a while ago, but pressing the "Active" button does nothing.

PXL_20230206_113920555.thumb.jpg.fc3e168563e944767a2a20f02484e3b7.jpg

14 hours ago, Bap33 said:

TIA for your help. 

No software update required. D to F is fine :) 

A,B,C,D,F are all early to late revisions. Just not E for some reason 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Me again... Same question, but the other way, this time.

My AQS has 2 OEM references: 5Q0 907 643D & 5Q0 907 659C. I can't find any AQS with same references at a reasonnable price (when there proposed!). F version is even more expensive. 

Would it be possible to take a downgraded version? Several sensors comply simultaneously with 5Q0 907 643 A, B or C ; and 5Q0 907 659 A or B indeed.

Is it a problem to go for an "older version"?

Note: I don't want any AQS from Ali or equivalent for les than 20€. I can't trust them. They are from unknown manufacturers. 

Edited by Bap33

The 659 is the software part number - ignore this as there any many software variants that tried to fix various issues.

just focus on the 643 number

older versions are a false economy as they will very likely fail very quickly 

Edited by ApertureS
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ApertureS said:

they will very likely fail very quickly 

What do you mean by Quicly for instance on a C version?

Currently I can't find any F version for less than Twice the price of the C version. 😬

My D version lasted 5.5 years. if a C version can last 3 or 4 years, that suits me. 🤔

7 hours ago, Bap33 said:

What do you mean by Quicly for instance on a C version?

Currently I can't find any F version for less than Twice the price of the C version. 😬

My D version lasted 5.5 years. if a C version can last 3 or 4 years, that suits me. 🤔

C version has been obsolete for a while now so if you have found one it’s most likely either;

used or a fake copy as vw don’t and haven’t had them new for a while.

take a look at LLLparts, it’s about £70 last I checked 

4 hours ago, ApertureS said:

it’s about £70 last I checked

The problem is that I don’t live in UK and since Brexit, there are extra custom taxes which significantly increase the price.

I´ll have a look nevertheless and thanks for your suggestion.

Edited by Bap33

2 hours ago, Bap33 said:

The problem is that I don’t live in UK and since Brexit, there are extra custom taxes which significantly increase the price.

I´ll have a look nevertheless and thanks for your suggestion.

No customs charges for EU or U.K., they’re not just U.K. based so nothing to worry about there.

On 11/11/2023 at 08:40, ApertureS said:

C version has been obsolete for a while now so if you have found one it’s most likely either;

used or a fake copy as vw don’t and haven’t had them new for a while.

take a look at LLLparts, it’s about £70 last I checked 

C version is still produced by Hella (at least). They're available on automotive spare parts websites in France and sold as new parts. I don't think they're fake ones. 🤔

I've just had a look on LLLparts.co.uk, it has now raised to $107 at least 😐.

Unless there is a known fault on early revision sensors that was resolved on the later ones I would not be concerned with buying an earlier revision, in some cases such as concentric slave cylinders the earlier ones can be far superior.

Revision numbers also change when there is change of design and/or manufacturing process, always driven by the constant need to reduce costs, often at the price of reliability.

It's the parts suppliers that usually do this, manufacturers other than wanting reduced component prices wont have any priority for a widget unless it is failing and on a current production vehicle, a parts manufacturer will develop a process allowing them to say produce a plastic part cheaper than the current die cast one and they then get the OE order, the revision number is changed to reflect the different but compatible part, usually the other OEMs follow suit to compete for the orders.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JR RS said:

@Bap33 - i don't know wat the conversion rates r for u, but i bought my version F (5Q0907643F) from ECS Tuning, in America for $57USD.

Genuine Volkswagen Audi - 5Q0907643F - SENSOR (5Q0 907 643 F) (ecstuning.com)

I've just contacted ECS Tuning to ask them if they ship to France.