Turbo Swap Choices for EA211 1.2 TSI

4 hours ago, Eladshaul said:

Hey , recently got this rtmg ea211 1.4tsi hybrid turbo for my fabia , it came without a wastegate actuator so i wanted to ask if i could attach the one from the stock turbo or should i get a new none oem one?

CB83C780-4F89-46A1-B678-97AAD1C00A1C.jpeg

Nice! I saw you had the standard 1.4 turbo on your car before. I'd put that actuator on it. Be interested to see how you get on

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ClauTSI said:

Did anyone got any update? 

I've started an Instagram page for my car to track my work. Nothing new turbo for me, hoping to get a turbo-back exhaust system with sports cat ASAP but working on other bits. Feel free to give it a follow, I'm no photographer though and my car is almost always dirty.

TurboFabNJ 

https://instagram.com/turbofabnj?igshid=mxrgjn0s4xy6

5 hours ago, Monkey_Dan said:

I've started an Instagram page for my car to track my work. Nothing new turbo for me, hoping to get a turbo-back exhaust system with sports cat ASAP but working on other bits. Feel free to give it a follow, I'm no photographer though and my car is almost always dirty.

TurboFabNJ 

https://instagram.com/turbofabnj?igshid=mxrgjn0s4xy6

Thanks i'll take a shot! 

• 2 weeks later...

Are all the downpipes the same for a ea211 engine ? I only can find for 1.4 tsi ea211 ..

i want to have a 2.5 inch catless downpipe for my 1.2 golf .. i allready have the bigger 1.4 turbo and a armaspeed airintake on the way 

can someone please help me ?

im in need for speed 😎

New downpipe is not required for the turbo swap but the stock exhaust does present as a limiting factor, especially the cat.

I got fed up of trying to find an off the shelf option (Friedrich Motorsport) is the only one that actually lists the Fabia. Other Ea211 options may either fit, fit but need reworking or not fit at all so I'm booked for a custom job. Going to be cheaper than the Friedrich and it'll be fitted for me and my tastes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Monkey_Dan said:

New downpipe is not required for the turbo swap but the stock exhaust does present as a limiting factor, especially the cat.

I got fed up of trying to find an off the shelf option (Friedrich Motorsport) is the only one that actually lists the Fabia. Other Ea211 options may either fit, fit but need reworking or not fit at all so I'm booked for a custom job. Going to be cheaper than the Friedrich and it'll be fitted for me and my tastes.

Okay, thnx for sharing 👍🏾

3 minutes ago, Monkey_Dan said:

Fox exhausts also list the fabia.. im currently waiting for mine to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I’ve got a 16 plate Ibiza fr so not a Skoda😂 but I’ve got the same engine as you lot, 1.2tsi 90hp 

got the turbo swap done yesterday and tuned, although a conservative tune as we are going to do more power once I have my downpipe and induction kit fitted, atm I’m stock internals other than the turbo.... 

We never ran into any issues of boost cut and actually had a really smooth graph, so don’t think the map sensor is the issue for you guys.

hope this helps!

B79C144D-AE1A-4137-AA32-1177FDC5D229.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyFR said:

Hey guys, I’ve got a 16 plate Ibiza fr so not a Skoda😂 but I’ve got the same engine as you lot, 1.2tsi 90hp 

got the turbo swap done yesterday and tuned, although a conservative tune as we are going to do more power once I have my downpipe and induction kit fitted, atm I’m stock internals other than the turbo.... 

We never ran into any issues of boost cut and actually had a really smooth graph, so don’t think the map sensor is the issue for you guys.

hope this helps!

I see the main difference between yours and ours with the cut is that ours peak close to 300nm of torque, where yours sits quite happily at that 225nm area as power climbs.

Do you know what peak boost they were running and what was it like toward redline?

And also what gear were they running it in?

1 hour ago, FabiaGonzales said:

I see the main difference between yours and ours with the cut is that ours peak close to 300nm of torque, where yours sits quite happily at that 225nm area as power climbs.

Do you know what peak boost they were running and what was it like toward redline?

And also what gear were they running it in?

I’ve emailed the tuner there and asked him all those questions so will let you know ASAP!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonnyFR said:

I’ve emailed the tuner there and asked him all those questions so will let you know ASAP!

Be great to see how you get on when you up the tune, that is a nice and flat torque curve and nice power curve

On 06/02/2021 at 11:26, JonnyFR said:

hope this helps!

Which turbo have you installed?

*Info for anyone interested in upgrading to a hybrid turbo*

So after getting the 1.4 hybrid turbo i faced a problem with the wastegate physically not fitting the turbo , the 04E 145 713 N turbo that is used as a base for the hybrid turbo comes with a different wastegate than the 04E 145 721 B

the 04E 145 721 B wastegate- 530423E6-1949-4549-A886-EBC9698B3A0B.jpeg.0f19dddae8ed833fc6c13de918ba982e.jpeg

the 04E 145 713 N wastegate-3F136CEB-4B4F-4278-887B-E59C9F564299.jpeg.2915e9f2ee3ba5d476ad5dbfef6dedfb.jpeg

the 04E 145 713 N based hybrid turboB3678C2F-03AD-42F8-A9EA-82240B360AC6.jpeg.ad36aab44a7230bedcfe66e43f87de46.jpeg

5 hours ago, Eladshaul said:

*Info for anyone interested in upgrading to a hybrid turbo*

So after getting the 1.4 hybrid turbo i faced a problem with the wastegate physically not fitting the turbo , the 04E 145 713 N turbo that is used as a base for the hybrid turbo comes with a different wastegate than the 04E 145 721 B

the 04E 145 721 B wastegate- 530423E6-1949-4549-A886-EBC9698B3A0B.jpeg.0f19dddae8ed833fc6c13de918ba982e.jpeg

the 04E 145 713 N wastegate-3F136CEB-4B4F-4278-887B-E59C9F564299.jpeg.2915e9f2ee3ba5d476ad5dbfef6dedfb.jpeg

the 04E 145 713 N based hybrid turboB3678C2F-03AD-42F8-A9EA-82240B360AC6.jpeg.ad36aab44a7230bedcfe66e43f87de46.jpeg

Which part of the actuator won't fit, the mounting point or arm onto the wastegate?

Do you have both actuators?

1 hour ago, Monkey_Dan said:

Which part of the actuator won't fit, the mounting point or arm onto the wastegate?

Do you have both actuators?

The arm , i currently have the top actuator and trying to get my hands on the bottom one