KPH/MPH

My dealer has offered me what I paid for it 5 months ago.  I asked if they would then sell the car on knowing it had a fault, which would be a serious offence.  The problem is that if I did get the money what could I get instead, there are so few cars available a tthe moment. 

That's good news. I had a similar problem back in April (albeit with better availability of stock cars). I wanted to stay with VAG cars but avoid the latest generation electronics so I looked at Tiguan / Arteon. In the end, I went for the Tig as it works better with where I park the car.

My car was back on sale within a week. When I asked the garage about how they could sell a car knowing that it had serious defects which were non compliant with the RTA, I was told by their head of brand "That is no longer your concern"

2 hours ago, Derwent said:

My dealer has offered me what I paid for it 5 months ago.  I asked if they would then sell the car on knowing it had a fault, which would be a serious offence.  The problem is that if I did get the money what could I get instead, there are so few cars available a tthe moment. 

Go for a Superb mate 

• Like 1

As 91CP does not refer to Software, I wonder if it could be the Virtual cockpit replacement that has been signed off.

image.thumb.png.273b0ee70f43383e42192c65ae33c85d.png

If anyone has any details of 91CP, I would be interested to hear from you.

55 minutes ago, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

I thought I read somewhere that its the whole infotainment system that needs replacing 

I don't believe that it is what they tested on @sneal car.

3 hours ago, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

I thought I read somewhere that its the whole infotainment system that needs replacing 

2 hours ago, Coume said:

I don't believe that it is what they tested on @sneal car.

Mine had a replacement Virtual Cockpit, the rest of the infotainment system is as it was originally, and the System Info number doesn’t have any revision suffix letter.

I’m expecting a call with Škoda UK later in the week so will try to find out if or when the fix is being rolled out.

6 hours ago, sneal said:

Mine had a replacement Virtual Cockpit, the rest of the infotainment system is as it was originally, and the System Info number doesn’t have any revision suffix letter.

I’m expecting a call with Škoda UK later in the week so will try to find out if or when the fix is being rolled out.

what I will be trying to find out is whether the system info without a suffix letter will remain on their early SW or will get upgraded to the latest one which all revision from B seems to be getting now…

1 hour ago, DaveFromSydney said:

Mine has no suffix but it is on 1803.

PXL_20210830_064147712.jpg

Interesting - thats a different Device part number to mine. I have 5E3035816

Hardware: H56

Software: 1668

The rest the same apart from the Navigation Database.

Edited by sneal

2 hours ago, sneal said:

Interesting - thats a different Device part number to mine. I have 5E3035816

Hardware: H56

Software: 1668

The rest the same apart from the Navigation Database.

Well they did say they replaced "The infotainment control unit".

On 01/11/2021 at 18:46, Coume said:

As 91CP does not refer to Software, I wonder if it could be the Virtual cockpit replacement that has been signed off.

image.thumb.png.273b0ee70f43383e42192c65ae33c85d.png

If anyone has any details of 91CP, I would be interested to hear from you.

Spoke to Kate this morning and she confirms the Virtual cockpit is being replaced sometime next week so looks like the solution tested by @snealis the one going ahead.

• Like 2

My digital instrument panel was replaced last week, & some software fixes applied. Went on holiday in the car almost immediately, so done over 200 miles since, and all seems well. The mph/kph issue is fixed. Getting used to the car again as I only had it for a few weeks before it went in for repair, 6 months ago. The only irritations now are the slightly over zealous lane assist, & the satnav still believing most of urban UK is 'offroad'.

All my system information parameters are as before. 

Had call from the dealer a couple of days after picking up the car to say they have just received notice of a few more recalls for software patches so booked in to do that soon.

Starting to enjoy driving the car I thought it was when I bought it.

Hang on in there folks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, golfnut said:

My digital instrument panel was replaced last week, & some software fixes applied. Went on holiday in the car almost immediately, so done over 200 miles since, and all seems well. The mph/kph issue is fixed. Getting used to the car again as I only had it for a few weeks before it went in for repair, 6 months ago. The only irritations now are the slightly over zealous lane assist, & the satnav still believing most of urban UK is 'offroad'.

All my system information parameters are as before. 

Had call from the dealer a couple of days after picking up the car to say they have just received notice of a few more recalls for software patches so booked in to do that soon.

Starting to enjoy driving the car I thought it was when I bought it.

Hang on in there folks.

Interesting. 91CP was released on Oct-28th so I wonder if it includes anything in addition to the digital instrument panel..

May I ask what is your current SW version? Are you like @snealwith 5E3035816 / Hardware: H56 / Software: 1668?

So pleased to hear that your cars have/are being updated @golfnut @Coume. We've each had a long, frustrating and tedious journey to get to this point; and paraphrasing what  golfnut said - we can start to enjoy the car we bought. I'm certainly loving mine and a 100 mile round trip today enjoying the ride, enjoying the toys/gadgets (yes, even voice control!) and  with everything doing what it should do - still gobsmacked by the economy from manual 1.5TSi (59 mpg today (M3 - M27 - A31 - minor roads; and back)).

Interestingly I have found the Lane Assist to be less intrusive than I remember, and certainly less so than the loan SE FE spec car that I had for 5 months.

On 13/11/2020 at 09:23, fox2319 said:

Dropped the car with the garage this morning so I’ll see if they fix it and report back. Anyone else managed to get theirs sorted yet?

I've still got this issue after buying the car a year ago from new! Along with phone not connecting and other issues! Not impressed. 

I have been seeing these posts but had not heard from Kate Laws for two weeks. So I fired off a reply to her last email to me. Within 30 minutes I had a phone call from Kate. Apparently the necessary component is on order and the dealer will be in touch once it has arrived. The only trouble is that the dealer seems to have a long lead time for a booking.

11 hours ago, neonplanet40 said:

What's her email if you don't mind me asking? I have replied to her before and have yet to get a reply. I haven't heard from her directly in over 3 months. 

Unfortunately the email address I receive contact from is: executive [email protected] 

Seems a bit generic to me but possibly worth a try. Every email arrives with a case reference number starting SD. So if you have ever had one of those it's probably worth quoting.

Sorry I can't be more help

• Like 1

On 05/11/2021 at 09:33, spearmg said:

Unfortunately the email address I receive contact from is: executive [email protected] 

Seems a bit generic to me but possibly worth a try. Every email arrives with a case reference number starting SD. So if you have ever had one of those it's probably worth quoting.

Sorry I can't be more help

No worries. This is the one I no longer get any replies from.