KPH/MPH

So this is a screenshot of what my hardware and software etc says now. Two new side effects since getting my car back. One good and one bad.

The bad - the built in sat Nav now doesn't work at all. I'm waiting on dealer getting back to me and told them that I thought it was poor they didn't bother to check everything before returning it.

The good - Android auto now works wirelessly. It didn't before. 

Screenshot_20211125-194302_Gallery.jpg

14 minutes ago, neonplanet40 said:

So this is a screenshot of what my hardware and software etc says now. Two new side effects since getting my car back. One good and one bad.

The bad - the built in sat Nav now doesn't work at all. I'm waiting on dealer getting back to me and told them that I thought it was poor they didn't bother to check everything before returning it.

The good - Android auto now works wirelessly. It didn't before. 

Screenshot_20211125-194302_Gallery.jpg

Thanks Neonplanet44, You have the much sought after F suffix on top of version 1810. Mine is no suffix and around 1622. Mine is an Octavia and yours a Superb. Both lovely cars but both troubled by unready Head Units. 

Thanks for this info. It all helps 

15 hours ago, PoloPaul said:

Thanks Neonplanet44, You have the much sought after F suffix on top of version 1810. Mine is no suffix and around 1622. Mine is an Octavia and yours a Superb. Both lovely cars but both troubled by unready Head Units. 

Thanks for this info. It all helps 

Sorry Neonplanet40, we do both have Octavia 4s which makes different sw all the more confusing. 

I have been told by my Garage that sw 1805 needs to be installed to repair Bluetooth disconnecting but that it is not available yet. I have a screenshot from Skoda confirming this. Has anyone had 1805 installed yet 

BC70EA37-4DA2-4832-B53A-4AA3AA7CC2A8.thumb.jpeg.03e990bebcf38e56932abd09ecb75278.jpeg

Update:

So ŠKODA Services has been in touch to say the dealer has found an update. Once verified as applicable to my car they will install. If this does not solve the issues then Skoda Service will have a conversation with me around warranty renewal of the head unit, but they inform me that authorisation of such is exclusively through the dealer who must apply to the warranty team for authorisation to replace. 

Has anyone achieved a more dynamic outcome on head unit replacement yet?

My car , and others on this forum, have had new virtual dashboards installed. This seems to cure the most prominent issues. My car also needs some software updates but the Dealer has to order a new 'control unit' - whatever that is. I did receive a call from Kate Laws yesterday enquiring as to progress and she has undertaken to chase the Dealer regarding this matter.

• Love it! 1

8 minutes ago, spearmg said:

My car , and others on this forum, have had new virtual dashboards installed. This seems to cure the most prominent issues. My car also needs some software updates but the Dealer has to order a new 'control unit' - whatever that is. I did receive a call from Kate Laws yesterday enquiring as to progress and she has undertaken to chase the Dealer regarding this matter.

Brilliant news spearmg

And thanks for the update. I’ve been promised another call by Skoda Service to chase up the dealer and yet another software upgrade …. Depending on the success of which….. they will begin a discussion around new hardware. No direct response to my email to Kate Laws, but my Skoda Service Handler is aware of the email.

My ‘local’ service partner seems uncommitted to solving my issues as I did not buy the car there. Apparently it is entirely up to the individual garage to pursue a warranty replacement - perhaps at the behest of Skoda Service? 

I am so pleased that you and others have achieved results 👍

Update - Skoda Service say the garage has no new update for my VIN and Reg. They said that the factory has not released a fix for the multiple MIB issues on my car. I reminded the handler that we said we would discuss new hardware. The reply was no new hardware discussion whilst software upgrade is pending but that they didn’t give deadlines for new software. I reminded her that there is nonetheless a deadline in that my warranty is now in month15. She said they wouldn’t leave me high and dry. I politely asked for that in writing  but she said they don’t put ‘goodwill’ in writing. I told her that members of the online community with the exact same year and model as mine have new hardware because the original MIBs were beyond redemption with software alone. She said she’d update me in a week and at some point she would discuss new hardware but that it is a warranty issue and that SkodaService don’t get involved with warranty claims. I politely told her that if the problems persist it is continuing evidence of improperly trialled hardware/software inherent at the point of sale. She agreed that she would support with escalating to a complaint if needs be. 

Do those of you with new hardware have similar experiences or have your dealers championed your cause under warranty?  

• Love it! 1

My dealer did the MIB upgrade, which caused more issues, ACC and Travel Assist, but are totally uninterested in actually fixing anything. Their technical knowledge is shockingly bad on basic car functions. They can sell you anything…. But can not be bothered to understand and research problems. I guess customers are just a pain to them right now!

4 minutes ago, matrix2020 said:

My dealer did the MIB upgrade, which caused more issues, ACC and Travel Assist, but are totally uninterested in actually fixing anything. Their technical knowledge is shockingly bad on basic car functions. They can sell you anything…. But can not be bothered to understand and research problems. I guess customers are just a pain to them right now!

Ok. So I can live with what I’ve got. Would you in hindsight advise to leave it there?  I am inclined that way now. Agree with you dealers seem disinterested 

9 hours ago, PoloPaul said:

Ok. So I can live with what I’ve got. Would you in hindsight advise to leave it there?  I am inclined that way now. Agree with you dealers seem disinterested 

Its a difficult one, its seems that there are so manny issues, and worryingly there seems no consistency on which software/firmware gets what faults that its totally hit and miss. I think my dealer is part of the problem beciause they have no interest in looking or fixing the faults (one simple, one intermitent) and are now covering their a***es because they forgot to look at one of the faults. If you have a good dealer go for it, eventually i am confident it will all get srted, I genuinely think its software issues but there is a lack of interest in fixing them until it hits the headlines via an accident or sadly even worse a serious injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the Saga continues! My car went to the Dealer's for the software upgrade on Thursday now that the new control unit had arrived with them. High Beam Assist, for which I have paid, was not working so they were going to look at that as well. They asked to keep the car overnight so they could work on it once darkness had fallen. Surprise surprise, Friday morning I get a call to say that the entire infotainment system had crashed. They referred to Skoda Technical who advised another unit needed to be replaced and is now on order due to arrive Monday morning. Apparently Skoda knew that this could occur but had not advised their Dealer's of the potential problem. 

To add insult to injury the Dealer had not allocated a courtesy car for me. They did at least find one from another marque in their dealership but I am currently driving a Vauxhall Corsa! It's horrible!

• Thanks 1
  • Groan 1

6 minutes ago, spearmg said:

So the Saga continues! My car went to the Dealer's for the software upgrade on Thursday now that the new control unit had arrived with them. High Beam Assist, for which I have paid, was not working so they were going to look at that as well. They asked to keep the car overnight so they could work on it once darkness had fallen. Surprise surprise, Friday morning I get a call to say that the entire infotainment system had crashed. They referred to Skoda Technical who advised another unit needed to be replaced and is now on order due to arrive Monday morning. Apparently Skoda knew that this could occur but had not advised their Dealer's of the potential problem. 

To add insult to injury the Dealer had not allocated a courtesy car for me. They did at least find one from another marque in their dealership but I am currently driving a Vauxhall Corsa! It's horrible!

You have my sympathies . It must be so frustrating for you. 

I have left my Octavia back in this morning. When it was returned to me (after my local garage having it for 9 months), they returned it with 2 issues:

1: The built in sat Nav no longer worked.

2: The rear courtesy lights are turning on and off, constantly. 

Obviously it wasnt properly checked over before returning it to me. But sure, maybe this time it will be fixed for good. 

26 minutes ago, neonplanet40 said:

my local garage having it for 9 months

Wow!!! 9 months?
What did they have to do? What about the car warranty - do they extend it somehow? You lost about 1/4 of it with the car being at the dealer.

@neonplanet40 good to hear they are rolling out the fix but frustrating it’s not right yet! Mine has the same rear seat ghost play with the lights since they fixed the kph/mph issues.

The SatNav not working sounds like a workmanship problem to me.

whilst mine was off the road for [a mere 5 months] I had the pleasure of an excellent loan car with full warranty etc so don’t feel I’ve missed out on that score.

As for compensation etc, worth asking the question of Škoda UK. You never know …

Mine has gone in today for an update - I have occasional stuck on 'loading settings' issues, the kph/mph fault, breaking while overtaking when using travel assist and it doesn't remember all my satnav/climate control settings. 

Will it come back better or worse? 

On 20/12/2021 at 08:05, Skody123 said:

Just dropped my car off for the new virtual dashboard and been informed that Skoda have withdrawn update 91CP 😞 Maybe because of the install errors several owners have reported...

Update. My car is back with the new virtual dashboard and mph/kph is working now 😀.

Unfortunately, I will have to wait for the replacement for recall 91CP as that contained the new online control unit software to hopefully solve my ongoing SOS failures.

I got my car back Monday afternoon. The High Beam Assist still isn’t working. I have been told it can be fixed remotely. Strange thing is the option doesn’t show in Shop although my payment does show up in Skoda Connect. I fear another argument ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, mine goes back in next THursday as they somehow disabled my sat nav when applying the mph fix. Hoepfully that will be the end of my issues....

I contacted Kate at Skoda UK regarding compensation etc considering they have my car for 7+ months. I didn't get a reply. Either way, I won't buy another Skoda. Oh well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neonplanet40 said:

Well, mine goes back in next THursday as they somehow disabled my sat nav when applying the mph fix. Hoepfully that will be the end of my issues....

I contacted Kate at Skoda UK regarding compensation etc considering they have my car for 7+ months. I didn't get a reply. Either way, I won't buy another Skoda. Oh well. 

I hope you are offered something. I asked about compensation when I rejected mine back in April and was told that I had been given a hire car and so they had lived up to their obligations. Having said this, they did refund my service plan that I had taken out, which was good of them. Still, I would have expected something having waited as long as you have. 

I hope that this is the end of your issues. Do you mind updating us when you have had the car back for a while please?

All the very best

2 hours ago, OctaviaFirstEdit said:

I hope you are offered something. I asked about compensation when I rejected mine back in April and was told that I had been given a hire car and so they had lived up to their obligations. Having said this, they did refund my service plan that I had taken out, which was good of them. Still, I would have expected something having waited as long as you have. 

I hope that this is the end of your issues. Do you mind updating us when you have had the car back for a while please?

All the very best

Hi again, It is dreadful to see that so many are still fighting for their just rights and the usual Skoda names continue to crop up expounding denial.  Being one of the first engaging them and fortunately after some 6 months walking away with a full refund I find it absurd and unreal that the National Press haven't got hold of this and decimated Skoda for the way they have just walked all over their customer  base.  It really beggars belief that in today's customer rights climate they can simply ignore the customer and leave them with what undoubtedly will become a pretty worthless 2nd hand vehicle as the trade will be well aware of the issues and decline to offer good value to the affected vehicles.

To make it worse, as I stated at the time I bought a Ford Kuga with all the similar bells and whistles - the difference being FORDS WORK SO WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT FOR SKODA TO FIX?

Take care all and I wish you the very best and hope that eventually Kate & Co do what they are supposed to: CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

• Like 2