Delivery times?

14 minutes ago, alexxutzu said:

Where did you read that? I don't think you have to wait over 12 months for a car.

A friend with a 718 GTS ordered 9 months already with no delivery date and trying to order a Range Rover but told 12 months may be optimistic, and a mates E-Tron which he has been told to order the replacement 18 months ahead (last week) Lease car. 

• Sad 1

Apparently Skoda Romania is reading from time to time this Forum, because they seemed to react to my post (of yesterday) that I'm never contacted by the dealership. (Just kidding of course 😉 )
Minutes ago I was called by the dealer (what were the odds???) who made me an offer I could not refuse 🤔.

They received from Skoda HQ (or Factory) a list of cars that might go into production (not specified when, next year) if some of the options are removed. My car made the list, and the options they proposed I give up are Park Assist and Rear-view camera. The two were part of a larger Clever-Pack available in Romania when I placed the order, no longer eligible since September. Without those two they said the car will be delivered within the Contract term (so until next August), but if I still keep the two options there will be an unknown delay beyond August. So I gave up the two options and they will email me an Addendum to the Contract with the new value: 500 Euro less.
I gladly gave up the Park Assist, I never used it on my GT - for me it's a waste of money. I do regret the Reverse Camera since the parking sensors are not that precise. Let's just hope the cables are there, so I'll just need to add the Camera and configure it. Really happy they didn't want to remove the Matrix-LED, that would have been a very hard decision for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matrix2020 said:

A friend with a 718 GTS ordered 9 months already with no delivery date and trying to order a Range Rover but told 12 months may be optimistic, and a mates E-Tron which he has been told to order the replacement 18 months ahead (last week) Lease car. 

Volvo is like 13 months too unless you buy from available stock.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mati said:

I'm starting to think that my early March order is rather not showing up this year. 

I’m really doubting that my dealer giving me a December 2021 delivery date is true too…

8 hours ago, Mati said:

I'm starting to think that my early March order is rather not showing up this year. 

Absolutely.... 

I think that my July order will be past my current lease, expiring April 2022 🙄

From Skoda internal newspaper:
"M13 Octavia - Last week, the M13 produced all week, only without the first night shift from Sunday to Monday. In total, employees produced 5,832 cars."

Looking good for people who are still waiting on production, looking bad for us that are waiting for completion...

20 hours ago, alexxutzu said:

Where did you read that? I don't think you have to wait over 12 months for a car.

I read the same story on the internet this problem is right across the motor industry.so in other words it is not only skoda having this problem.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jonny boy said:

Absolutely.... 

I think that my July order will be past my current lease, expiring April 2022 🙄

I thought I was been clever,I handed my Volvo lease car in a month early.it was due it's annual service at over 460 pounds and it was just about ready for a new set of tyres at 150 pounds each.so making a 1060 pound saving.what a fool I was ,here's me thinking and was told I would have my car 26 September 2021.6 push backs now 28 February 2022 if am lucky and no car apart from my wife's car that my sons has knsckered up whilst we have been away on holiday.just hope he has sorted it out by the time we get back 29 November but I won't hold my breath.we live at least 5 miles to nearest shops and well over that for doctors etc.now the dog has dropped down dead so this year is not a very good one for me.surly it must get better in 2022 and just maybe get my car that year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, timster said:

Skip Canton to get it sooner. Didnt know how much sooner.

Wow, so it's not only for 3rd world countries like RO... Same in my case, they didn't say how much sooner, but they mentioned it will be within the timeframe specified in the Contract. Keeping the options, they told me the Factory can no longer deliver in the Contract delivery time, and that parameter will change to "unknown".

9 hours ago, drnovshek said:

From Skoda internal newspaper:
"M13 Octavia - Last week, the M13 produced all week, only without the first night shift from Sunday to Monday. In total, employees produced 5,832 cars."

Looking good for people who are still waiting on production, looking bad for us that are waiting for completion...

if there building that many in a week, maybe they have got a delivery of chips or are expecting a delivery of chips,

only a few weeks ago the factory was closed and they where talking about significant reductions of new builds until the new year

That can't be right, since I ordered mine in August (2nd half) and I was told yesterday that there's no chance I get it in the next 2-3 months, even after I gave up the 2 options as the Factory proposed.

39 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

That can't be right, since I ordered mine in August (2nd half) and I was told yesterday that there's no chance I get it in the next 2-3 months, even after I gave up the 2 options as the Factory proposed.

I dare to guess that this also depends on the particular country and importer - who manages to prioritize their orders better.

13 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

Which ones did you give up? Did they say anything about how much it would speed up the production?

16 hours ago, soussi said:

Yes the factory is 100% in Malasya so big shipments are given. Someone said that Skoda was going to try to deliver all cars ordered till september 2021 still this year.

https://www.gizchina.com/2021/11/16/morgan-stanley-proves-chip-shortage-for-auto-industry-is-almost-over/

Got my doubts about what you say about these semi conductors .i have to say I do hope your information is right and pray it is such a pain having to wait over 9 months to get a car.fingers crossed.

On 03/09/2021 at 15:37, Ado12345 said:

I ordered my Octavia end of July from the dealer. I got a confirmation from Skoda that order received 18/08. I don't have a confirmed build week but Skoda web chat advised that it is expected week 18 of 2022-which is roughly end of April / early May- although the build date may come forward when confirmed. 

Hi all, just a quick update on my order, i was informed it was in build 22nd October and today I was informed build is completed and it's at Emden port awaiting a boat to bring it to the UK.

It's the Octavia VRS Estate, Petrol, Dsg, Quartz Grey with sunroof. So it's been about 3.5 months from placing order to production being completed. I'll keep everyone posted on progress. Fingers crossed it arrives before Christmas! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ado12345 said:

Hi all, just a quick update on my order, i was informed it was in build 22nd October and today I was informed build is completed and it's at Emden port awaiting a boat to bring it to the UK.

It's the Octavia VRS Estate, Petrol, Dsg, Quartz Grey with sunroof. So it's been about 3.5 months from placing order to production being completed. I'll keep everyone posted on progress. Fingers crossed it arrives before Christmas! 

That's so weird. I ordered a Quartz Grey VRS Estate with DSG in May and my dealer said that my car can't be made with that colour anymore. It switched to graphite grey by default.