Delivery times?

Maybe his car has been made allready beforehand, that would explain it. I could have ordered a quartz grey too in July but had to acknowledge that the color may change and the dealer said it would probably change so proposed to better pick another color.

Edited by soussi

So this is my first post and I wanted to share with you information that some users might find useful. 

I placed my order late June for a 1.5 TSI, manual transmission, Style package + couple of extras. Delivery term 30-35 weeks with estimated delivery month somewhere around mid-February, but the latest update estimates delivery somewhere around early April 2022. 

Today I got a call from my dealer and he informed me Skoda are trying a pilot project to see if they can speed up production by removing the parking assistant and rear parking camera; apparently three countries are opted (Romania, Bulgaria, plus one I don't remember) and instead of the parking assistant I would get front/rear parking sensors and a 500 euro discount by removing the rear parking camera. However my dealer told me that in a call with Skoda representatives, they could not give an estimate of how much faster production would be by giving up the mentioned options, nor could they guarantee that production would actually be faster. It's more like an experiment to see if it works out or not. 

The only thing certain was the fact that even if I opted for the "optimization" (the actual term used by Skoda), my order would still not go into production until at least January, with a possible delivery in...February (just as the initial term said). Considering the information given, I chose not to remove any option, especially since no actual guarantees are offered. One or two months more of waiting is not something that bothers me.  Also, the dealer mentioned a positive thing is that Skoda tries to honor all orders; apparently other manufacturers are calling some of their clients after 6 or 7 months and say "sorry, we can't build your car anymore, here's your money back".  So at least we know we'll get our cars, but it's just a matter of when, not if...

Zet Zet same for me 2.0 TSI VRS DSG with Winter Pack ordered in Meteor Grey on 11th May.

Then changed to Quartz Grey in June as discontinued.

Then to Graphite Grey in September.

No build date yet , expecting March 2022 ?

Defo a 22 build according to broker.

2 hours ago, zetzet said:

That's so weird. I ordered a Quartz Grey VRS Estate with DSG in May and my dealer said that my car can't be made with that colour anymore. It switched to graphite grey by default. 

Oh really?  I've not been made aware of any changes to my order, I'll ask the dealer. Is yours the estate too? Will keep you posted.

2 hours ago, soussi said:

So it does look like the batches of chips are getting there. I have not heard anything from my july order tho. So maybe depends per country

My dealer told me on 07/11 that it was awaiting chips and then today I was told it's all done and awaiting a boat. So yes they definitely have had some chips delivered.

LoL 

It`s amazing how some dealers know just about everything about your order and some have 0 informations... 🤔

And i am even more amazed that some people wait 3 months and some almost a year for the same exact car. Where is the logic behind that? 🧐 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ado12345 said:

Hi all, just a quick update on my order, i was informed it was in build 22nd October and today I was informed build is completed and it's at Emden port awaiting a boat to bring it to the UK.

It's the Octavia VRS Estate, Petrol, Dsg, Quartz Grey with sunroof. So it's been about 3.5 months from placing order to production being completed. I'll keep everyone posted on progress. Fingers crossed it arrives before Christmas! 

Just wonder what happened to waiting lists?if anyone from skoda arevreading?how can someone order a car months and months later get there car before someone who ordered there car 3 months earlier?

32 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

Just wonder what happened to waiting lists?if anyone from skoda arevreading?how can someone order a car months and months later get there car before someone who ordered there car 3 months earlier?

Different options aren't available. I ordered Canton and apparently it's a major block, people are getting offers to remove the option to get their car faster. I think rear view camera is another big one.

That would be a legit reason, if it was actually the case. Seeing that many vRSes are coming out of order, and they are heavily specced from the start, that's rather not only it. Surely not the rear view camera at least, coming as standard. 

Mine, for once, has NO extras over the base build. Yet, it's not coming anytime soon apparently, even though a handful of later ordered vRSes have shown up on this forum already. 

1 hour ago, Joss1733 said:

That field, 50 miles north east of Prague has only got the one gate, last in first out?  😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

If I was Skoda I’d build the more expensive vRS first, get the most money for the chips available

My car I ordered is a vrs and no build date yet,I read on the internet that it was the all electric cars that had the longest waiting list.just what I read if so they must be in for a hell of a long time for there cars.my latest date is 28/02/2022 that would make it around 37 weeks from order date date.

Had an update on mine a few days ago. Seemingly it was 'built' a couple of weeks ago, but not complete. Dealer didn't seem to know what was missing though.

Seems to think it should be around 6-8 weeks now?! Dealer online portal is showing 15th December delivery!! Hope so:)

It is a VRS 2.0 TSI Estate DSG, Race Blue, Canton, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack and Spare Wheel. Ordered July'21.

Dealer did add they had their first Octavia since August delivered a few weeks ago and seemingly more are starting to come through now.

2 hours ago, SaintMac said:

Seems to think it should be around 6-8 weeks now?! Dealer online portal is showing 15th December delivery!! Hope so:)

It is a VRS 2.0 TSI Estate DSG, Race Blue, Canton, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack and Spare Wheel. Ordered July'21.

Interesting. Or bizarre. Others who ordered Canton even earlier than you are being asked to remove the option, while yours apparently got built, also that's a fast build, even if the 8 weeks comes true it will only be half a year for you.

Edited by zetzet

1 minute ago, zetzet said:

Interesting. Or bizzare. Others who ordered Canton even earlier than you are being asked to remove the option, while yours apparently got built, also that's a fast build, even if the 8 weeks comes true it will only be half a year for you.

To be honest not holding my breath!

15 hours ago, roottoot said:

The top dude is very happy that demand is greater than Skoda can supply.

So that sums Skoda's attitude pretty much.

Any executive is happy when they can sell everything easily

Don’t have to offer discounts, and can put price up

Therefore more profitable, and bigger bonuses for bosses

Unfortunately it’s obvious to anyone with a knowledge of business economics that consumer is unlikely to see any bargains for next 2-3 years, and demand will generally exceed supply.

To some extent, Skoda would probably like those who ordered earlier this year to cancel their order, can then sell same car to someone else for a higher price.   But would not look good to actually say this as would attract negative PR

Update on my order. Ordered end of July and quickly moved from delivery just before Christmas to delivery in March. Had an email a week ago to say no date for production date yet and will keep you updated. Then email on Friday saying has been made and on its way to the UK. VRS 2.0 petrol Estate with no optional extras. Not sure how that happened but not going to complain.

1 hour ago, Elloit said:

Update on my order. Ordered end of July and quickly moved from delivery just before Christmas to delivery in March. Had an email a week ago to say no date for production date yet and will keep you updated. Then email on Friday saying has been made and on its way to the UK. VRS 2.0 petrol Estate with no optional extras. Not sure how that happened but not going to complain.

Good news for you,just maybe what a couple of people said a few days ago that there was a big order of semi conductors have arrived and productions increasing.also someone's said cars ordered before September will get there cars by Xmas ,mind you he did not say what year.so fingers crossed a lot of us just maybe get our cars soon.

there seems to be no pattern to delivery times and it's all down to pot luck[ or is it :x  ]

i wonder if what you have paid for your cars or the price you agreed when ordering, makes any difference  :biggrin:

if  someone has managed to negotiate a big discount, say 20% plus  off  list price  and someone else was prepared to pay full list price

who would you prioritise ?