Delivery times?

1 hour ago, MaximusMeridius said:

It is day 2 with the car and already found something missing. There is no electric child lock. ****ing Skoda. 🤬

What was the end price - did they only charge extra for the gadgets you ordered while waiting?

3 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

Just wondering if they kept the promise. But missing equipment is definitely not ok…

I agree. This lock is not a crucial thing and seperate the value is only 44 €. What gets me mad is they create packages, so you have to buy things you don't need to get things you want and after 15 months some things are missing. Wtf is that? I will write to dealer, definitely not letting this go just on principle alone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I agree. This lock is not a crucial thing and seperate the value is only 44 €. What gets me mad is they create packages, so you have to buy things you don't need to get things you want and after 15 months some things are missing. Wtf is that? I will write to dealer, definitely not letting this go just on principle alone.

Ofc, you should definitely do it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

What do you mean, D being too slow for you?

No, it's not that it is too slow for me, but most of the time it keeps the engine at very low revs and I don't really like that. Furthermore, if you need the engine in higher revs (e.g. you prepare an overtake) you need to really press the gas pedal - almost floor it. In "S" the gearbox is in Sport mode, so revs are higher, but never too high (unless you request it by accelerator); and for the kick-down you don't need to push the gas to the floor - the accelerator is more sensitive.

10 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

But isn't this basically shortcut to Sport mode?

AFAIK it is not; the engine and steering are still in "Normal" mode, only the gearbox response is different.
Today I passed the 1.500 km milestone, and didn't use the Sport mode yet, only the DSG-S for most of the time. BTW, S will also show you the gear number; I hate not knowing what gear it's in...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OverTheHill said:

Well after a day's driving up to see the in-laws (200 miles of all sorts of roads) a few initial impressions (comparisons are to my last-gen Octavia, also petrol manual vRS). As it's so new, there's no real impression of performance and I have wife & son in along with a load of luggage. Hey ho, but that's why I got the estate, not a 2 seater coupe.

1. Crikey, there's a lot of electronics. Mostly good, but the lane departure is hateful. Yanks the wheel when confused by old markings, tar banding etc. Easy enough to disable with 2 buttons, but I wish it would remember last settings. I guess it would lose a bit of NCAP rating if it did.

2. The broom-broom engine noise generator doesn't help refinement on a long trip and even my 10 year old doesn't like it. You can set to silent in Individual mode, but needs to be selected at the start of each journey. Again, why can't this be remembered? I was hoping I could pull the wires off like last time, but it's apparently part of the sound system now. 

1. Lane assist can bo coded so it remembers last setting before shutting down the car. 

2. Sound generator is a stand alone unit. It sits somewhere below the plastic cover under front wipers. It can be also coded to turn down the volume or completely off. 

13 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

No, it's not that it is too slow for me, but most of the time it keeps the engine at very low revs and I don't really like that. Furthermore, if you need the engine in higher revs (e.g. you prepare an overtake) you need to really press the gas pedal - almost floor it. In "S" the gearbox is in Sport mode, so revs are higher, but never too high (unless you request it by accelerator); and for the kick-down you don't need to push the gas to the floor - the accelerator is more sensitive.

I agree with you on that, the low revs that is. Do you think that’s bad for the engine? I haven’t tried to switch to S yet, usually D mode suits my everyday commute to work (mostly highway with a bit heavier traffic), the consumption is also great, below 5l per 100 kms.

Well, on the previous diesel engines I had, I knew that low revs aren't great for the cat-converter and for the EGR. I'm not sure if the newer technologies included in this last version of the 2.0 TDI solved those potential issues.
Indeed, the fuel consumption is great; mine is in the 4.4 - 4.6 interval for most of my drives.

• Thanks 1

Has anybody heard anything about the IV situation over and above the removal from the price lists?  I notice, as others have said, the UK brochure was updated on the 26th of October with PHEV no longer an option.  I really hope existing PHEV orders will be honoured and the removal of this drive option from the brochure has just been done in light of slow production and therefore the need to catch up rather than discontinuation.  If PHEV production has stopped altogether, perhaps I should expect a message some time soon cancelling my order; I'll be pretty annoyed if that's going to be the case as I approach the 13 month wait mark.

• Sad 3

20 hours ago, Stuart_S said:

Has anybody heard anything about the IV situation over and above the removal from the price lists?  I notice, as others have said, the UK brochure was updated on the 26th of October with PHEV no longer an option.  I really hope existing PHEV orders will be honoured and the removal of this drive option from the brochure has just been done in light of slow production and therefore the need to catch up rather than discontinuation.  If PHEV production has stopped altogether, perhaps I should expect a message some time soon cancelling my order; I'll be pretty annoyed if that's going to be the case as I approach the 13 month wait mark.

not my message to Skoda but this should answer your question. 

5F2C5D85-319E-4CC2-B64D-7BF45C1A2F0A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ordered mine late April, production started early Oct. 

image.thumb.png.70e4b3f2041aebd10ec48c365f383df7.png

Have delayed delivery until January, no point in taking receipt of it Nov/Dec on a 222 plate.. 

Edited by irlrobins

55 minutes ago, irlrobins said:

Ordered mine late April, production started early Oct. 

image.thumb.png.70e4b3f2041aebd10ec48c365f383df7.png

Have delayed delivery until January, no point in taking receipt of it Nov/Dec on a 222 plate.. 

what spec did you order?

1 hour ago, MikeM89 said:

what spec did you order?

Hatch, 1.0 TSi, Style. Options are Sunset Glass, heated steering wheel and adaptive cruise control. 

5 minutes ago, Stuart_S said:

How did you get all of this detail @irlrobins?

Dealer shared it with me

• Love it! 1

It seems the people who have ordered the PHEV variants are waiting the longest. I can’t really understand why they are taking so long. Now I understand the factors affecting Skoda (War in Ukraine, Covid etc) but most other car manufacturers seem to be able to fulfil orders far quicker than Skoda. If it wasn’t for a limited list of cars I could order through my works company car scheme, I would have changed far sooner. 

I don’t want to be “that guy”……but I will be!

I was in the market for a new VRS, ideally petrol 245, DSG and estate. Looked on the Skoda “available cars” tab and there was nothing. So I was resigned to ordering one and waiting.

Then I looked on website of Simpsons Skoda, and they had a brand new velvet red hatchback, 245 petrol, manual transmission, winter pack, travel pack and space saver spare tyre. Thinking about things, I thought that I could live with the hatchback and manual so decided that I’d take a run over on 20th October and if I liked it then I’d buy it. However it was a 4 hour round trip, so thought I’d call in to our local dealership to at least sit in any Octavia and check if the hatchback was going to be ok.

Unbelievably as I walked in there was a Magic Black 245 petrol estate DSG brand new sat in the showroom! Apparently someone ordered it and got fed up with waiting so bought their ex demo Kodiaq VRS instead. The dealer decided to carry on with the order as they knew (1) it was going to sell quickly and (2) if it didn’t then they would put it on demo.

it was so new in that they hadn’t even marked it as “available stock” flag to other dealers within their group.

The car didn’t have winter pack and isn’t the “perfect” spec I’d have ordered (manual seats for example and no heated wheel) but every other box was ticked.

The deal was done there and then  - and in fact when I was signing stuff I had a call from Simpson to see what time I might arrive to look at their car!

I picked the car up yesterday (gets it into dealers October figures) and only had to wait the 11 days as I was away on holiday last week!

so maybe it is worth calling round a few dealers to see if they have anything in stock rather than wait. You never know what might be out there 

gratuitous picture attached too.

93CCEBB4-526C-4471-AA6D-3D33FC72696B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

Finally - after 18 months from the initial order - I got a VIN number a week ago, the supposed production week was 2 weeks ago.

I tried to add the VIN to Skoda Connect but the system doesn’t accept it. I also tried to search for an owners manual by VIN, but with also no results.

Many of you guys said before that you could add the VIN immediately after you received it from the dealer, but the exact car itself appeared only a few days later.

My dealer said that the car is assembled, they are only waiting for a “completion report status” - but we are waiting for it a week now. Even though, as far as I know there are no missing parts.

I’m so sick of this waiting now, specially with the last couple of weeks, since the end is finally on the table, but seems still so unreachable.

I can’t see why is so hard to make the wait period transparent, and more pleasant for the customers…

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sque4ler said:

Finally - after 18 months from the initial order - I got a VIN number a week ago, the supposed production week was 2 weeks ago.

I tried to add the VIN to Skoda Connect but the system doesn’t accept it. I also tried to search for an owners manual by VIN, but with also no results.

Many of you guys said before that you could add the VIN immediately after you received it from the dealer, but the exact car itself appeared only a few days later.

My dealer said that the car is assembled, they are only waiting for a “completion report status” - but we are waiting for it a week now. Even though, as far as I know there are no missing parts.

I’m so sick of this waiting now, specially with the last couple of weeks, since the end is finally on the table, but seems still so unreachable.

I can’t see why is so hard to make the wait period transparent, and more pleasant for the customers…

MySkoda app only accepted the VIN when it was being transported from factory, not before. I’ve had it for several months as the car was parked and waiting for parts. If yours is ready and completed, it should be showing in the next few days I guess.

1 hour ago, FatWolfie said:

I don’t want to be “that guy”……but I will be!

I was in the market for a new VRS, ideally petrol 245, DSG and estate. Looked on the Skoda “available cars” tab and there was nothing. So I was resigned to ordering one and waiting.

Then I looked on website of Simpsons Skoda, and they had a brand new velvet red hatchback, 245 petrol, manual transmission, winter pack, travel pack and space saver spare tyre. Thinking about things, I thought that I could live with the hatchback and manual so decided that I’d take a run over on 20th October and if I liked it then I’d buy it. However it was a 4 hour round trip, so thought I’d call in to our local dealership to at least sit in any Octavia and check if the hatchback was going to be ok.

Unbelievably as I walked in there was a Magic Black 245 petrol estate DSG brand new sat in the showroom! Apparently someone ordered it and got fed up with waiting so bought their ex demo Kodiaq VRS instead. The dealer decided to carry on with the order as they knew (1) it was going to sell quickly and (2) if it didn’t then they would put it on demo.

it was so new in that they hadn’t even marked it as “available stock” flag to other dealers within their group.

The car didn’t have winter pack and isn’t the “perfect” spec I’d have ordered (manual seats for example and no heated wheel) but every other box was ticked.

The deal was done there and then  - and in fact when I was signing stuff I had a call from Simpson to see what time I might arrive to look at their car!

I picked the car up yesterday (gets it into dealers October figures) and only had to wait the 11 days as I was away on holiday last week!

so maybe it is worth calling round a few dealers to see if they have anything in stock rather than wait. You never know what might be out there 

gratuitous picture attached too.

93CCEBB4-526C-4471-AA6D-3D33FC72696B.jpeg

Gz on the new car, but do post some better pics 😉

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sque4ler said:

If you have the VIN number, that the car will be delivered to you shortly. When I got my VIN, it took around 10 days to be accepted in the Skoda app and around 15 days to be delivered to Sofia. I even contacted Skoda customer service why the VIN is not accepted immediately when it is received and they said it takes a while. So, don't worry, you will get the car soon. And to all you have you VIN numbers, you can check your vehicle exact specification at:

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

You have to click on Vehicle Specific Information, register a profile and then you will be asked to pay 7 Euros for the information, which will be available for download in .pdf. Please note, the access is valid for one hour only after the payment is received!

I have just been advised that my order was put into production in week 42. The car has now been delayed in production and they cannot give a date when it is expected to change.

Has anyone got any info on what is causing the current production delays ?

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Giantstu said:

I have just been advised that my order was put into production in week 42. The car has now been delayed in production and they cannot give a date when it is expected to change.

Has anyone got any info on what is causing the current production delays ?

Mine was also scheduled for that week (42). They said to me that the car is assembled but still don’t have the final confirmation but we are in week 44 now.

Have you got a VIN?