Delivery times?

1 minute ago, Richard1234 said:

I ordered my Octavia VRS IV back in Sept 2021, and have now been told I might have to wait until the summer 2023.....

Has anyone been waiting longer? (17 months so far with no build date)

One month longer than you, august 21 with no information or build date 😕 

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

2 minutes ago, Richard1234 said:

I ordered my Octavia VRS IV back in Sept 2021, and have now been told I might have to wait until the summer 2023.....

What variant is it, IV?

13 minutes ago, Richard1234 said:

13 minutes ago, Richard1234 said:

Has anyone been waiting longer? (17 months so far with no build date

Actually there are plenty of us. Mine was ordered august 2021

Edited by Semiconductor34
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/03/2021 at 15:53, Finlayoman said:

I ordered a VRS IV with a full set of toys mid January. Was told it could be May / June for delivery. However, message this week to say they are building nexr week! 🙂

I'll show my arse in Burton's window if that's correct. 17 months and waiting for me too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Richard1234 said:

Hybrids are where the biggest delays are. I ordered on the last days of August '21 for a SE L estate and I've got an unconfirmed build week for this summer.

"Yes, we have got an estimated date for your car to go into build, finally! :)

It's currently showing August but until the build date is confirmed the dates will move backwards and forwards slightly.

At the moment, if it stays in an August build we would hope to see your car come through for October, but hopefully the build date will move forward."

If it delivers in October that's 20 months longer than initially quoted and well over two years since the order was put in.

Personally I'm in a position where waiting is absolutely fine. It's a 3 year business lease, the costs are well below all the current figures for car leasing and I own a car at the moment which is decent enough.

• Like 2

On 14/02/2023 at 13:43, Von_Awesome said:

On the German forum someone posted some information regarding future sales of the Octavia in Germany.

The will completely stop the sale of the hatchback on 22.02.23 and will greatly reduce the available variants for the estate.

They will also adjust prices for vehicles and options.

There is no official information about the reason. Most likely they try to reduce the backlog of vehicles before the production of the facelift in summer 2024 starts. 

If this turns out to be correct, I wonder if UK range will also be rationalised further in next couple of days.

My guess is they will make more money from retail sales, so might opt to drop the business spec and lease market Octavia until current backlog is cleared.  Traditionally lease companies got good deals by taking up excess production capacity, but if can't build them fast enough then no point in offering discounted cars.

Just got an update, about my eTEC Style estate, with DSG and dynamic sport pack (I ordered it on April 2021 – soon it’s going to be 2 years). 

Quick recap of my history: after 16 months of waiting, the car was built according to the previously confirmed built week in mid-October. At that time, I thought that my torture finally ends, but since, the car is unfinished and waiting for a semi-conductor (4 months now).

Because the factory's status giving ended in November (after the supposed delivery week, (which is 4 weeks after the built week) the car’s status entered into a black hole, with no new info since.

To get something to hold on to, the dealer contacted the importer, and one of the importer's representatives were at the factory to negotiate the stuck "old" cars (including mine). 

The simple, and sour answer from the factory was that Skoda is expecting new supply of chips to arrive by the end of Q1 2023 – and that's it. 

So, we don't know if this means a possible end-of-Q1 delivery of the car, or "just" the arrival of the spare parts, with a delivery after this, in a couple of weeks.

And a frustrating addition to this is that many other cars are in the same situation. The guy who was at the factory said that thousands of cars are waiting for parts since October.

• Crying 2
  • Groan 2

And there's me thinking I fancy a vrs iv so I need to place an order soon to replace my 2020 mk3.5 octy sportline ESTATE, best stick an order in now so I have it by the summer ... Then I read this thread.... 

Edited by RickTT

4 minutes ago, RickTT said:

And there's me thinking I fancy a vrs iv so I need to place an order soon to replace my 2020 mk3.5 octy sportline ESTATE, best stick an order in now so I have it by the summer ... Then I read this thread.... 

Mines at the dealers now, ordered Nov 22, should pick up next week 🙃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickTT said:

I don’t think you’d be able to order a new one anyway, it’s been removed from the skoda website since October if I remember correctly :) 

On 07/02/2023 at 20:53, BRSEngineer said:

I have an unconfirmed build week of 35 - August.  SEL PHEV ordered Feb 22 deliveery estimat Aug 22. I as still chasing with Skoda UK.

May the waiting end 

That’s better than mine - ordered an Octavia Estate iV mid November 2021 with a 7 month wait. Now told it’s scheduled for a build in week 37, so likely to be best part of 2 year wait 🤔

• Groan 1

2 hours ago, rossdook said:

That’s better than mine - ordered an Octavia Estate iV mid November 2021 with a 7 month wait. Now told it’s scheduled for a build in week 37, so likely to be best part of 2 year wait 🤔

And thats even better than me. Ordered a vRS iV in february 22 and i havent heard anything from the dealer since then 🤣 i'll be happy if the car is built this year

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Pickup on Monday at 1200. 

Trying to push GAP insurance at £449! I've found it for less than £300. So that's not happening. 

Yes, the Skoda GAP insurance is a bit steep but do your research before buying a cheaper policy, will they be there for you if you need to claim?

• Like 1

I ordered a 1.5 DSG TSi in September 2022 when I was given an estimated delivery time of "37 weeks plus". The dealer has informed me that it is currently being built but the delivery will not be till about June 2023. This is in line with the original estimate so let's wait and see.

1 hour ago, P100HP said:

Just looking through the Google Docs Spreadsheet at users waiting on a similar car to the one I have on order.

@Benjybobs

@1HoV

@Sparkystodd

@Stuart_S

@Novascape

@Tbone

@manor119

Have any of the above users, taken delivery, received a confirmed build date or any notable information on their cars?

hi

i got mine in sept 22. 16 months from order at the time. 

• Like 1

I get my car tomorrow, somewhat ironically I'm expecting to be suspended by my employer in the afternoon after someone made a complaint about me. 

The worst case is that I'll lose my job over it, so the car will be taken one week and could returned to the dealer a couple of weeks later. 

• Sad 2