Sasha’s Superb SportLine Plus

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Well that was total waste of time. Arrived this morning to collect the car to be greeted with a Dragon Green turd, shocking repairs on both bumpers, cheap worn out tyres and only one key. FoW were in no way interesting in sorting out more keys so I have left without it. I’m absolutely livid!

That's bad...   But did you not check keys and repairs and the like with them over the phone before putting a deposit down?

12 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

All SportLine Plus spec cars come with personalisation so should have 3 if my info is correct, only the pre 2017 cars have 2. In any case this car only had one which is simply unacceptable. I’m having a cup of tea to calm down now and then I have some phone calls to make.

My 66-reg Sportline came with three keys: one nice one, two plastic ones.

44 minutes ago, skomaz said:

That's bad...   But did you not check keys and repairs and the like with them over the phone before putting a deposit down?

Yes I did, but it turns out when you talk on the phone that you can say things that just aren’t true. So they did.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Yes I did, but it turns out when you talk on the phone that you can say things that just aren’t true. So they did.

Oooh...   Lying buggers!

Complete opposite to the dealer I got my swift off then who were totally up front and sent me over 40 high Res photos and info and said I was ok to send the car back to them if it wasn't 100% what I expected or what they said...

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I was silently gutted when this one came for sale after I paid the deposit on the other one so I’m super stoked to have it, would have bought it anyway this afternoon after the other one went wrong lol

Glad you bought it probably saved me £4,000 and an argument with the wife. :tongueout:

• Haha 1

Looks fantastic! Best colour and DG seems to be quite rare on facelifts so far. Think you've made a great choice there and the other one clearly wasn't meant to be so you could get this instead. 

33 minutes ago, UndertheRadar said:

That looks really smart. Congratulations. 
really makes me want to De-chrome my own 😂 

First thing that’s going is the chrome badges on the back, need to be black. Hopefully SuperSkoda have a sale over the April BH weekend so I don’t have to wait long for new badges.

12 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Looks fantastic! Best colour and DG seems to be quite rare on facelifts so far. Think you've made a great choice there and the other one clearly wasn't meant to be so you could get this instead. 

Thanks. It’s deffo the colour to have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

New car round 2!! Finance accepted and deposit paid on this one from Marshall’s. I am much happier with the incredibly thorough service from Marshall’s, have been through all the history, had a video sent to me, no pressure throughout and they’ve cut me a deal I’m really happy with on it. Collection on this one will be 3 weeks today as I need to wait for the Octy to go first as it is a bit more than the other one but it’s a facelift with some options which is what I really wanted. Let’s hope this one is better 😍

2EBD1A2D-1585-46A1-BFBA-C13237F98C56.jpeg.3bcafd017d205dd1aa9bd79c2cd9bc9e.jpeg

1E9C1992-EC0B-4AC4-9035-47554EB05BD8.jpeg.78466b4f03cc71df9968293c3c9f6508.jpeg

BCAE3303-F6EE-48AD-8351-B6B784E49263.thumb.jpeg.22126f83372a8f766ed2e7f1e8f735b0.jpeg

E3F76093-5603-4730-BEDD-74B5BDFA291E.thumb.jpeg.351ec5a9dae9a63a547df411a475afaa.jpeg

9D2C14B8-ED2E-4D35-8A4C-3673ABADCE40.thumb.jpeg.291abb45f9e0aa08ecc82b9d0070e2d4.jpeg

37B135CC-ED0D-4B04-A520-D9A2755A7114.thumb.jpeg.dc6ec99f8389addb943d9bd450aa85b0.jpeg

1059411C-25BB-4FA9-9101-3CD5F52542DA.thumb.jpeg.0a7ec0bf5bcf1177a678e7a083c1d7fe.jpeg

Will start a fresh thread when it arrives, keeps things separate 😊

Compare to the first car you planned to buy, this one is waaaaay better...you didn't write specs...same engine like the previous one?

36 minutes ago, jjc said:

@SashaGrace

Welcome to the Superb fold, this one looks to have the new MIB3 so will look forward to you sorting out all the niggles that this unit has :rofl:

John

I think it does have the MIB3 so I should be able to sort factory wireless CarPlay if it compatible and it doesn’t already have it. It’s got 2 years of warranty on it though so it’s Skoda’s problem if it breaks haha

25 minutes ago, QubiDK said:

Compare to the first car you planned to buy, this one is waaaaay better...you didn't write specs...same engine like the previous one?

It’s a 190 TDi, SL+ with Supernova’s, rear cam and VC.

23 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Far better car... and a 190 :thumbup:

I’m inclined to agree; I really wanted a facelift haha

16 minutes ago, chrisluciofg said:

why do people buy greyscale cars when such beauties exist ? great choice

Beats me, can’t wait to see it properly, the colour is epic!

• Like 1

Think it had the spare wheel as well from my earlier research. Matrix LED headlights are awesome and my wife said the scrolling rear indicators pinched from Audi make it look smart when she was following in her Karoq. Even the front LED fog lamps look much slicker than the chunkier versions on my 2019 Sportline Plus.

Well, you seemed very nerved with the previous one, that you had booked.

So would you say the story with the first one was a 'bad luck' ? Since this one seems to be a 'good luck' finally... ;)

Always see what happen to you positively... Note: I would have been really nerved too if this whole story happened to me... :D

Great new car! All the best with it! The TDI190 really makes good job ;)

The second one seems so much better than the first FOW car.

I know it’s more money, but you have to be happy, I always have a little budget creep when cars are involved!