Sasha’s Superb SportLine Plus Facelift

8 hours ago, whitevx said:

Congrats Sasha, im seriously impressed by your knowledge and tech capabilities. *bows down "we are not worthy"*

Thanks 😊 

52 minutes ago, 337 said:

Did yours come with TSR but not ALA?

No TSR, only DLA. TSR is an FeC now so that’s the next step for me to activate as well as pACC.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

..TSR is an FeC now so that’s the next step for me to activate..

Waiting with interest for this one

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

by fitting my air intake blank plate and cut the blanked off section to open it up like an aftermarket system which should give you about an extra 9 cfm of airflow and it gave me something to do for 30 mins

@SashaGrace what does the extra airflow do? (Any advantage?)

• Like 1

I’m curious, I have an MY18 with ACC, HBA, Lane guidance etc, as well as retrofit TSA, what are the perquisites for Traffic Jam Assist, and is it enabled by default without any options in the system?

I can set my ACC in traffic and it will bring the vehicle to a full stop for me if required. However I then have to engage the throttle for it to resume.

That’s how it works, after 3 seconds standstill you have to resume it either via pulling the stalk or pressing the accelerator

11 hours ago, KenONeill said:

And if you straight-line corners when it's safe? Does that render it as useless as it sounds?

You can override it to do that, just pull the wheel and it will let you. If I know I’m throwing the car around I turn it off :) 

10 hours ago, Hdsn555 said:

I’m curious, I have an MY18 with ACC, HBA, Lane guidance etc, as well as retrofit TSA, what are the perquisites for Traffic Jam Assist, and is it enabled by default without any options in the system?

I can set my ACC in traffic and it will bring the vehicle to a full stop for me if required. However I then have to engage the throttle for it to resume.

TJA works with the ACC so under 40 mph the Lane Assist stays on. It’s not a tick box, the A5 camera needs flashing to work. I don’t have the 3GD camera file though so MY19 I can’t do this on yet.

Just to add to TJA.
It is possible to activate TJA on 99% (I was not able to found not compatible yet)  of 3Q0 cameras after proper SW flashing and parametrization.

17 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

This is demonstrated on @varaderoguy’s lovely Scout on which I fitted the 4G LTE antenna, rear USB loom and OEM LED floor lights.

Hey there. An enormous thank you to @SashaGrace
for all her hard work yesterday. I can confirm that Vibration does work (especially useful if you are hooning up the M6 and loose concentration because you are pressing buttons on your MIB system). Sash....always a pleasure.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

You can override it to do that, just pull the wheel and it will let you. If I know I’m throwing the car around I turn it off

Yeah, I can understand intellectually how LA works, and even that it's possibly useful on a long motorway tag, but I do those maybe 4 times a year, and drive 5 or 6 days a week most weeks. For me it would be more useful if it would default to "off" and let me turn it on when I want it!

27 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

For me it would be more useful if it would default to "off" and let me turn it on when I want it!

You can set that in adaptations of A5 module. Set value "Lane Keeping Assist On Status" from "active" to "active (settings in menu)". In this way you can set it on/off via menu and it will stay like this.

This was working on pre-FL Superb and for Octavia MK3. 

17 hours ago, Hdsn555 said:

If you have ACC+Lane Assit, then you have TJA. 

When your car completely stops for more than 3s (If I remember well), you just need to resume ACC or feather the throttle to make the car move forward again. Otherwise, it will follow the car ahead as soon as it restarts. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

If you have ACC+Lane Assit, then you have TJA. 

When your car completely stops for more than 3s (If I remember well), you just need to resume ACC or feather the throttle to make the car move forward again. Otherwise, it will follow the car ahead as soon as it restarts. 

That’s standard with all cars with ACC. TJA keeps the lane assist on under 40 mph so you get both working together through the speed range and it was never standard on any UK trim level :)

On 15/05/2021 at 16:54, SashaGrace said:

B624BC2F-E8C3-4AE0-8AE9-A15CEC6F4889.thumb.jpeg.aaa66229a4c80d283a7515318bd6edf8.jpeg

781F7BA8-1A6A-48D4-8219-8C57F9D545BD.thumb.jpeg.97306991ef63f7c55de346909d7cdbe2.jpeg

Great to see a pre and facelift side by side.. Dare I say it.. the pre facelift looks a bit old... Never would of thought it, but seeing them together makes it more apparent.. Great work as ever.. 

Edited by technics100

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven’t done anything with it tbh, it’s been a bit of a pain with some electrical gremlins that Skoda need to sort for me so it’s going back soon for that and then I’ll take it from there. I have a foldable towbar all ready for it but it needs fixing before I worry about that. Fingers crossed it’ll be sorted soon.

• 2 months later...

So, this hasn’t turned into an 80 page epic like the Octy thread for all sorts of reasons but after 8 months and 12k miles, the Superb has gone. It’s being picked up next week once the windscreen is swapped and then I’m allegedly off to the world of VW as all being well I’m due to collect a Golf GTE Advance. I’ll report back on how that goes once it’s here. Thanks for everything guys, this place truly is the best.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3