Software

And one again as i said i would an update on my vrs software. Picked up the car from Simpson skoda again yesterday. Having been with them one and a half days. All fixed i was told software stripped and reloaded all should now be good. 

Real answer.... BULL#&1T

No difference to when it went in really. Still not remembering settings and screen slow loading. So now going to channel though skoda uk for a replacement or refund as not fit for purpose. See what they say and report back guys. 

By the way the software version was no different to the one i had so they obviously dont have a full fix... 

IMG_20210823_155113_edit_80406294597626.jpg

1 hour ago, DSG245 said:

And one again as i said i would an update on my vrs software. Picked up the car from Simpson skoda again yesterday. Having been with them one and a half days. All fixed i was told software stripped and reloaded all should now be good. 

Real answer.... BULL#&1T

No difference to when it went in really. Still not remembering settings and screen slow loading. So now going to channel though skoda uk for a replacement or refund as not fit for purpose. See what they say and report back guys. 

By the way the software version was no different to the one i had so they obviously dont have a full fix... 

IMG_20210823_155113_edit_80406294597626.jpg

Sorry to hear your woes, I have lost all faith in them to be honest and what they say as mine went in for a full day of software updates 2 weeks ago and straight away the infotainment system wouldn't work and now I have the SOS issue.

I asked them if they have had a lot of Mk iv's in for issues and they said I was the first, yeah right!

7 minutes ago, Fishcann said:

Sorry to hear your woes, I have lost all faith in them to be honest and what they say as mine went in for a full day of software updates 2 weeks ago and straight away the infotainment system wouldn't work and now I have the SOS issue.

I asked them if they have had a lot of Mk iv's in for issues and they said I was the first, yeah right!

Yep the dealers go to great lengths to make out that you’re a special case 😂. They know full well you don’t believe a word they say. I just straight laughed at them when they tried it with me. Waiting for VWFS to come back to me about my car, it’s still not fixed so as owners of the car I’m making it their problem.

• Like 1

Am sure I read on here somewhere,that a guy got a replacement pc or whatever you call on his car,now he has no bother at all and he had been saying to skoda for a while that what the problems skoda are having were not the soft but the this unit.

Just now, Joss1733 said:

Am sure I read on here somewhere,that a guy got a replacement pc or whatever you call on his car,now he has no bother at all and he had been saying to skoda for a while that what the problems skoda are having were not the soft but the this unit.

Yep I suspect the older units are lower spec and therefore prone to more software issues, so replacing the hardware is the logical solution. They won’t want to do that too often though as it will cost them.

• 2 weeks later...

So here we go, i said i would update you all. So they had the car for 2 days to sort the mess out.... Again...! 

Got it back and have to say that for the last 12 days all the SOS and braking issues have gone and it workes as it should.... But none of the other issues have gone away. Slow to load up, not seeing key profiles, not remembering some back settings on heating and map's. 

So i waited for my Skoda uk manager to call and told the story again. Saying that it is still not acceptable and i am not chasing anything from this point. If i don't get a plan from them and my dealer the car will be returning for good. That was four days ago. 

Today i had an email from Skoda Uk to say my case manager is on it. Just now had a call from simpson skoda to say they need the car for 1 week to resolve it in conjunction with the factory. So 24th its going back again, big words but if they don't deliver its going back for good. So watch this space and i will report back.... 😳

16 minutes ago, DSG245 said:

So here we go, i said i would update you all. So they had the car for 2 days to sort the mess out.... Again...! 

Got it back and have to say that for the last 12 days all the SOS and braking issues have gone and it workes as it should.... But none of the other issues have gone away. Slow to load up, not seeing key profiles, not remembering some back settings on heating and map's. 

So i waited for my Skoda uk manager to call and told the story again. Saying that it is still not acceptable and i am not chasing anything from this point. If i don't get a plan from them and my dealer the car will be returning for good. That was four days ago. 

Today i had an email from Skoda Uk to say my case manager is on it. Just now had a call from simpson skoda to say they need the car for 1 week to resolve it in conjunction with the factory. So 24th its going back again, big words but if they don't deliver its going back for good. So watch this space and i will report back.... 😳

I suspect Simpsons will be getting mine back soon, case currently with Skoda UK case manager. I’ve mentioned this potential theory before, but it’s been hot here the last few days and it is playing up more than usual again. Exactly same thing happened when we had a hot spell in July, literally every day there were multiple issues with it. Might just be coincidence, but if the hardware is struggling to stay cool that could explain some of the issues. Exactly the same as with a PC or laptop when they get hot, the performance is impacted.

hi everyone

well the same here . In the beginning it was all in normal mod. after some online updates the main display start to show some minor failure like slow load,  not seeing key profiles, lost connections to skoda online services. my car is in service now for almost 2 weeks . they are in contacts with skoda factory and after all it seems the controler need to be replaced. But factory trying to do they best with software updating just not 2 replace the unit. but no luck, im still waithing my car to be done. At least i ve got  replacement car but im not happy with waithing. I think there is HW issues combined with unfinished SW 

10 hours ago, Pob17 said:

I suspect Simpsons will be getting mine back soon, case currently with Skoda UK case manager. I’ve mentioned this potential theory before, but it’s been hot here the last few days and it is playing up more than usual again. Exactly same thing happened when we had a hot spell in July, literally every day there were multiple issues with it. Might just be coincidence, but if the hardware is struggling to stay cool that could explain some of the issues. Exactly the same as with a PC or laptop when they get hot, the performance is impacted.

Talking to the lease company has done the trick, they called today with 2 options, both very good, and I’m incredibly happy that they have stepped in to sort it for me. 

My car was in for an SOS unit replacement today. I’ve been lucky and this is the only recurring issue I’ve had (1.0 e-tec se-tec). The garage informed they had carried out a software update and I’m now on 1806 from 1688, oddly the hardware has gone from B to F as well

960A5A59-91DD-4359-AE13-BF40665EEC2F.jpeg

ive not had time to try much out but the radio logos are more snazzy. There’s also a hint to the pop out window on that screen too. Some text is smaller and sharper 

289D4BC4-AE0E-4617-ABC7-DD5EBF921B19.jpeg

Edited by VinzClortho

15 minutes ago, VinzClortho said:

My car was in for an SOS unit replacement today. I’ve been lucky and this is the only recurring issue I’ve had (1.0 e-tec se-tec). The garage informed they had carried out a software update and I’m now on 1806 from 1688, oddly the hardware has gone from B to F as well

960A5A59-91DD-4359-AE13-BF40665EEC2F.jpeg

ive not had time to try much out but the radio logos are more snazzy. There’s also a hint to the pop out window on that screen too. Some text is smaller and sharper 

289D4BC4-AE0E-4617-ABC7-DD5EBF921B19.jpeg

Are you able to confirm that Wireless Android Auto is now working too?

4 minutes ago, beasty54 said:

Ah OK fair enough. If you get a chance, it would be good to know if your car can now connect to a 5ghz WiFi. 

Sure thing. The update reset all settings so I’ll take a look when getting everything back to normal tomorrow . 

• Like 1

I have a SE-L First Edition, which started to tell me a few weeks ago to arrange the 12 month ‘Inspection’ (I collected it 1st September 2020), despite being on the 2 year long life servicing  - set by Simpsons when I collected it.

After convincing my local dealership in Maidstone that it did not require a service after 12 months and 3700 miles (thank you C19), they agreed to have it in to simply cancel the Inspection message that came up every ignition cycle.

I then had a call to say that this wasn’t possible to do as the car needed the big four software updates as an official recall, and that needed to be done first. I booked it back in and have just collected the car after four days - apparently the last update refused to download until Skoda UK provided guidance on it.

Anyway, I have now found that not only had all the phone and radio settings been wiped (not unexpected), but it has completely lost the sat nav (message to say it can be activated by a dealer!), lost Apple CarPlay and smart link, and also the ‘Mode’ button (I.e. comfort/sport/individual) no longer functions at all i.e. does nothing when you press it when driving.

The irony is that prior to these recall updates I had hardly any software issues at all, much less than others I have read about on here. I was one of the very few people whose satnav displayed in miles correctly! I’m sure the hardware version had a ‘B’ code after it originally.

It now looks like this (pic). Has anyone else experienced these problems after the recall updates?? I’m booked to go back, for the third time, on Monday to hopefully have it sorted out!

964E0ACA-D3CF-46AE-85F0-F3613BB95E0D.jpeg

10 minutes ago, SUTTS said:

Anyway, I have now found that not only had all the phone and radio settings been wiped (not unexpected), but it has completely lost the sat nav (message to say it can be activated by a dealer!), lost Apple CarPlay and smart link, and also the ‘Mode’ button (I.e. comfort/sport/individual) no longer functions at all i.e. does nothing when you press it when driving

Looks like they just forgot to reconfirm all the options you had before. 

• 1 month later...

I noticed yesterday the MK4 that I rejected back in May is still sat in a compound out the back of the dealership, so I assume the 2020 SE FE's still don't have a fix.

7 minutes ago, Gax said:

I noticed yesterday the MK4 that I rejected back in May is still sat in a compound out the back of the dealership, so I assume the 2020 SE FE's still don't have a fix.

My returned 2020 SE Tech was put on a Skoda main dealer forecourt within days for £24k. 

9 minutes ago, Pob17 said:

My returned 2020 SE Tech was put on a Skoda main dealer forecourt within days for £24k. 

Yeah, I've read some others saying their's were also sold straight away.

Terrible really if the new owners have the same problems.

I was starting to wonder if they can ever sell mine, but they will, they'll just lie and say they bought it back as a demonstrator or somesuch.

29 minutes ago, Gax said:

Yeah, I've read some others saying their's were also sold straight away.

Terrible really if the new owners have the same problems.

I was starting to wonder if they can ever sell mine, but they will, they'll just lie and say they bought it back as a demonstrator or somesuch.

Yep my car was an absolute disaster area. I’m not surprised VWFS took it back so eagerly though (even returned my deposit pro Rata) as they knew it would be straight in to the dealer network as an approved used car and in current climate would sell for loads. 

I don't want to be tempting fate but my car seems to be much better behaved recently.

The heated seats have remained off and heating/ventilation controls remained on screen.

I've never had any problems with the SOS module and only had the 'pops' once so can't complain there.

Not been on m/way recently though so can't comment on adaptive cruise.

No updates other than the over the air ones done by the car.

Here's hoping.