Tested and working coding Octavia mk4

Also @petopzdiag

This doesn't work:

Laptimer:
Control unit 17 -long coding- lapcounter set to active or on,
other activation:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents -set lapcounter-active
Control unit 17 - adaption- personalization- display_laptimer to active

The final step will not let me change the value

2 hours ago, mczakk said:

Also @petopzdiag

This doesn't work:

Laptimer:
other activation:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents -set lapcounter-active
Control unit 17 - adaption- personalization- display_laptimer to active

The final step will not let me change the value

Did you manage to do any other changes ? 

This is for a digital dashboard, isn't it? I don't have it so I can't test it.

Edited by Giannis20

1 minute ago, Giannis20 said:

Did you manage to do any other changes ? 

I will try and i will give you feedback.

Yes, I successfully did quite a few changes, G-meter, volume to refuel, headlight assistant always on, so I know the obdeleven is working 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mczakk said:

Yes, I successfully did quite a few changes, G-meter, volume to refuel, headlight assistant always on, so I know the obdeleven is working 😁

"Laptimer:
other activation:
Control unit 17 - adaption- personalization- display_laptimer to active"

Those are for a digital dashboard, aren't they? I don't have it so I can't test it.

Edited by Giannis20

I would like to have the front fog lamps in memory when the Auto headlamp is activated.

So if the fog lamp was previously turned on, it should also turn on upon next startup. 

Possible to have this done?

1 hour ago, mohitanand said:

Can you help me out with the ambient light VCDS coding for kodiaq mk2 2023 as I have only got 10 as stock and Need to unlock 30.

You're in the wrong thread this is for Mk4 Octavia's on the MQBevo platform. The Kodiaq rides on the older MQB platform and so there are a number of changes that mean the coding won't be identical. Also there is currently only one generation of Kodiaq, the new generation or Mk2 is yet to go on sale.

Not trying be a smart aleck, just want to set you in the right direction to find the information you need.

Edited by aaaaplay
  • Love it! 1

On 21/11/2021 at 14:40, petopzdiag said:

VRS CLUSTER THEME:

Control unit 17 - Adaptations - view activation (Zobraziť aktiváciu) - all which are OFF should be ON (Set all views to active)

Speed warning:
Control unit 17 -long coding-speed warning take off or on 

Engine torque and Engine power:

Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents- engine power and torque set active

Show Volume to be Replenished (zobraziť kolko l dotankovať):
Control unit 17 -long coding: volume to be replenished  set  active or on

I can confirm the above worked on mine, plus the long coding/adaption noted elsewhere for the audible chirp when the car is locked/unlocked. Thanks to @petopzdiag for posting these here. That said, although I do now have the fuel replenish volume display available in the dash, it is just showing "-- L" rather than a value, but I suspect I may need to refuel the car before that starts to work (?). If it still doesn't read after my next refuel, I  will edit this post to note that.

The speed warning chimes automatically at 120 km/h, which is fine, but on my Mk3 with Admundsen it was possible also to set the speed at which it was triggered. Is there a separate coding needed to be able to set the speed warning to your own preferred value, or is that just not possible on the Mk4 with Columbus? That would seem an odd backward step.

On 14/03/2024 at 21:44, mczakk said:

What is "headlight assistant always on"?

1 hour ago, darkmatterink said:

What is "headlight assistant always on"?

Its the function that automatically puts your full beams on when conditions are suitable, you activate it by pushing the indicator stalk forward. by default it resets to 'off' when you switch the ignition off and back on again. This mod stops that reset, so it's always on

17 minutes ago, mczakk said:

Its the function that automatically puts your full beams on when conditions are suitable, you activate it by pushing the indicator stalk forward. by default it resets to 'off' when you switch the ignition off and back on again. This mod stops that reset, so it's always on

Wow. Can you please share how to activate this mod via obd11 

9 minutes ago, darkmatterink said:

Wow. Can you please share how to activate this mod via obd11 

control unit 09

Adaptations:

Fernlicht_assisstent:

Fernlichtassistent Reset: <change to 'not_active'>

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mczakk said:

control unit 09

Adaptations:

Fernlicht_assisstent:

Fernlichtassistent Reset: <change to 'not_active'>

I've tried this one a couple of times now, it just isn't working for me. I turn the high-beam assist on, but its off again the next time I start the car. I bought and installed the assistant as a SWaP via the MySkoda app; maybe when it's done that way rather than from new by the factory there is a second setting somewhere else that also needs to be modified?

8 minutes ago, petecollier said:

I've tried this one a couple of times now, it just isn't working for me. I turn the high-beam assist on, but its off again the next time I start the car. I bought and installed the assistant as a SWaP via the MySkoda app; maybe when it's done that way rather than from new by the factory there is a second setting somewhere else that also needs to be modified?

I think there could be, I installed the 30 different colours app from the skoda store, and the coding change that's listed for it on here and other sites hasn't happened. I think that the ones you get from skoda change the coding somewhere else, if you get what I mean? 

• Like 1

@petopzdiag

have you looked into changing the ambient colour for driving modes at all? there is a guide for the golf 8, butthat only refers to 4 driving modes, not the 5 that the octy has.

On 22/03/2024 at 00:25, petecollier said:

I remember seeing it as a one click app. Maybe you can try that way?

39f1a65e-082c-4f54-b33c-b6b0bb153274.jpeg

Need help regarding VCDS.. Do someone have any idea how to get the vrs cluster on octavia mk4 through vcds? And how do you unlock sfd through vcds 

Edited by mohitanand

15 hours ago, mohitanand said:

how do you unlock sfd through vcds 

Ross-Tech currently in negotiations with VW about adding SFD unlocking to VCDS.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2021 at 22:40, petopzdiag said:

Disable seat belt warning:
Control unit 17 -long coding- seat belt warning verison1, version 2 or off- set off to turn off warning 

Show Volume to be Replenished (zobraziť kolko l dotankovať):
Control unit 17 -long coding: volume to be replenished  set  active or on

Rear DRL Lights (rear daytime running lights) (zadné svetlá ako denné)
1.Module 09 - Electronic control unit
2.Adaptation
3.Daytime running light
4.Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht: - (Change value to On)
CONFIRMED WORKING

Reporting my results with long coding for MY22 Octavia RS -

Seat belt warning had 4 options shown under long coding. Option 1 (default) is EU and option 2 is USA. No idea what is option 3 and 4 for.

Show fuel volume to be replenished - not working via long coding. App threw "function not available" error. I had to use OCA to enable this instead.

Rear DRL lights - app threw "function not available" error when trying to set value to ON. Enabled via OCA successfully 

High beam memory - successfully enabled via long coding.

• 1 month later...
On 02/10/2022 at 04:53, SpanishJose said:

I tried the "VRS CLUSTER THEME adaptation" both using the ODB11 built-in app and long coding (activating all the views) but it does not work on a MY23. The view appears but it does not have revs numbers nor a progress bar when the revs increase. It's static, so to speak. Please check the attached photo.

IMG20221001175011.jpg

I have the same problem.. what can I do to solve it?IMG_6603.thumb.jpeg.9b9e4d784aa5c526034dc1415b1eeba9.jpeg

On 27/03/2023 at 00:53, SkOmk4 said:

Indeed, I had a longer drive over the weekend and had the chance to monitor the temps - they all start shoving numbers at 50 deg Celsius (coolant, engine and DSG oil), nothing below this value.

Correction to one of my previous posts: the set of three temperatures (coolant, oil, oil) only shows all three on the "classic" dashboard theme. All the other layouts only show two values.

As discussed above, I was able to clear the B184C00 fault code once the SFD was locked.

However, I was surprised to find 15 new fault codes after I cleared the  existing ones several days ago. Saving the Log, I noticed that some of those faults occurred while the car was parked and unused for 1-2 days... ☹️

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 08.39.42.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 08.39.42 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 08.39.42 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 08.39.42 (3).jpeg

hello, can you help me? I put the VRS image (coding cluster) but doesn't appear the numbers... please, help me

IMG_F95CBF28965C-1.jpeg