Briskoda Forum - Yeti owners

Paul52

Well said @Paul52.

Seems to be a common theme these days where people's opinions become polarised to the extent that they can't see any other point of view, and often feel justified sticking the knife into anybody whose position might differ to their own. Probably another gem we've inherited from social media, along with the denial of biological gender, chucking statues in rivers, a fuel shortage that wasn't, and the recent confusion between influenza and cholera.... 😉

All said in jest of course - Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 1

As a new Yeti owner I cant sense the changes that have occurred over the last 9 years. However I can comment on intolerant posters as they appear not just here but on other forums. The lockdowns have created both tension and time and people have lost their sense of perspective. I feel release of tension and energies that would  formerly be released by pursuing extra social activities are channelled into keyboard battles. 

Two large events Brexit and the pandemic have spawned two previously unknown factions. Hence a question about something car or bike based becomes entwined in political sniping. 

Thats my theory and I regretfully don’t have an answer as to when civility will return. The only thing I may suggest is , if the good guys leave then the snipers become the heart and soul of the forum and thus more good guys leave. So use the ignore block button and the strength of the forum regulars should prevail.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, john999boy said:

...so I'd just like to remind people that there is a Report button that brings these things to our attention. 👍

Touch/click on the three dots in the top right corner of the post you wish to report and you will see this option appear.

(For the benefit of anyone unaware of such details.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It might be helpful for those being ignored to be aware if this is happening to them. A bit like the Likes but in reverse.. might help prompt a bit of reflection and a changing of ways. If not possible I would be happy to put my ignored users in my signature, 2 currently, the other one was banned🤣

48 minutes ago, B33fy said:

It might be helpful for those being ignored to be aware if this is happening to them. A bit like the Likes but in reverse.. might help prompt a bit of reflection and a changing of ways. If not possible I would be happy to put my ignored users in my signature, 2 currently, the other one was banned🤣

We had a thread started on another forum titled "Who's on your ignore list". It didn't end well, only lasted a day or so before the lock... 🤣

57 minutes ago, B33fy said:

Please don't add such things to your signature as it could appear to be intimidating or even be perceived as a badge of honour depending on how it's viewed. 👍

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Please don't add such things to your signature as it could appear to be intimidating or even be perceived as a badge of honour depending on how it's viewed. 👍

Apologies John, an attempt at humour not helped by poor placement of the emoji. Sadly the perpetrators generate the same impressions to other members and see it as their right or honour to do so. Whilst there is the reporting process, the perpetrators do enough to goad, intimidate, irritate and annoy without quite over stepping the line, so there is nothing tangible to report. I do appreciate the thankless task you, Colin and the other mods face and not wishing to add to your angst, I like many others have done the typically British thing and chose to move on a while ago, posting very occasionally in the innocuous photography thread, leaving them to continue to infest the forum with their toxicity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, B33fy said:

Whilst there is the reporting process, the perpetrators do enough to goad, intimidate, irritate and annoy without quite over stepping the line, so there is nothing tangible to report. I do appreciate the thankless task you, Colin and the other mods face and not wishing to add to your angst, I like many others have done the typically British thing and chose to move on a while ago, posting very occasionally in the innocuous photography thread, leaving them to continue to infest the forum with their toxicity.

My reply was more of a general one even though it was in response to your post - just to catch things before others decided it was okay to do it. 😉

I too realise that sometimes people are goaders but if it happens too often then action will be taken.

All the mods can be contacted by PM as an alternative to the Report button but in essence, a Report does get flagged up for all the staff to be made aware of a problem.

• Like 1