Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

Lucky you - I asked my dealer ~2weeks ago but due to stuff shortage they don't have time for me soon, probably I was too honest

with my description of issues. I'm tempted to run the update myself - back in the days I installed custom ROMs on phones / PDAs or rooting Android devices.

This appears very easy like running an USB update on my Sony Android TV.

How many of you guys did the procedure so far? I've seen many asking but who honestly followed it through?

22 minutes ago, UrgyMcKnispel said:

Lucky you - I asked my dealer ~2weeks ago but due to stuff shortage they don't have time for me soon, probably I was too honest

with my description of issues. I'm tempted to run the update myself - back in the days I installed custom ROMs on phones / PDAs or rooting Android devices.

This appears very easy like running an USB update on my Sony Android TV.

How many of you guys did the procedure so far? I've seen many asking but who honestly followed it through?

By now we're probably 30+ who have successfully updated it ourselves.

Edited by Jorgeminator
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jorgeminator said:

By now we're probably 30+ who have successfully updated it ourselves.

that number is a strong backup for my confidence lol^^

@varooom

It feels a little impolite to ask while beeing sort of a newbie here, but would you share the link with me, too?

On 04/07/2023 at 04:35, Jugaroo said:

on Friday I got called from the dealership and they mentioned that I, since am dued to a service inspection and oil change on 7th of July, I can upgrade to 1941 so that I am sorting out the reboot issues on my MiB. 

They haven’t mentioned how much time it’ll take. But I am guessing about 3-4 hours as I know the dealerships are doing it here in Romania. 

And I was “this “ close in doing it myself. 

My car got serviced today and when asking about updating my car to 1941 .I was told no they must be told by skoda uk to do it.

2 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

My car got serviced today and when asking about updating my car to 1941 .I was told no they must be told by skoda uk to do it.

I think they might have to "request" it in order to get a warranty refund (in case it's withn warranty) - should be no issue if they claim it by reporting the usual issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

I was told no they must be told by skoda uk to do it.

You kind of have to complain about some specific problem (ideally mentioned in the TPI presented here a few pages back), they will pretend to test and read some errors. Afterwards they would conclude it's the SW that needs to be updated, and they ask for a formal confirmation at country HQ. At least that's what I was told by the dealership. But that confirmation cannot take ages; it'a matter of minutes to max. few hours AFAIK.

I too hope to receive the link for the 1941 update since I am fed up with the constant restarts and the fact that the service does not want to do it. anyway thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, Valers65 said:

I too hope to receive the link for the 1941 update

29 minutes ago, varooom said:

I do not have the time to dedicate to the forum at the moment, I am hoping that those that have requested firmware files are being sent the 1941 update?

Sorry for the many requests and thanks a lot for providing it in the first place.

Perhaps somebody is willing to jump in. I use wetransfer for sending files that won't fit in an eMail but I think it's limited to 2GB so the file might be prepared as split archives.

Just now, darkdevil57 said:

Every people who have received the link can give it here plz?

Posting these Kind of download links in public is probably a liability/risk for the forum owner....unfortunately.

We should be grateful that they allowed the discussion so people can help each other out via PM.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I still have the link, I can pass it on if varooom doesn't object.

However it MUST NOT BE POSTED ON THIS THREAD OR FORUM FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER 

Ok no post but can PM the link ?

Just before I get to sleep the link I have is no longer functional, so you're going to have to wait until one of the two distributors come online again for a fresh link.

There also maybe another reason why, but I'm not going to supply any download of it incase of legal issues 

• Like 1

Still thanks for trying and reaching out via PM @TheWanderer

I'd guess the initial link was meant to be a temporary solution since it was created with a private NAS,

probably in order to avoid having it spread all across the internet and get a lot of traffic.

If I can get my hands on it I could re-upload it on a one click hoster and people can pass on these links in the future.

Thank you,  I already got covered and gave my feedback about the update-success a few post above.

I also offered to help out regarding answering requests.

I got a different link and thought it was hosted on a one-click hoster but after checking the URL I'm not shure if it's ok to pass it on since

I'm not shure who originally uploaded it. It's hosted on a service called Stackstorage wich seems not to be a random one click hoster.