Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

2 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Dealer probably wasn't aware of what software or firmware was installed on the vehicle. 

Probably, but still, if it's an official dealership, why updating everything to the latest is not the part of the procedure of before handover preparions as well.. :)

Just to throw a spanner into the works .

My car has 1889 and was a real PITA with constant reboots .

After a vist to a French Skoda dealer 3 months or so ago it appeared to settle down 

Have got a copy of 1941 ready to install but my car running 1889 is now perfectly well behaved 

Given that 1889 is working as it should I'm rather reluctant to meddle , if it ain't broke etc etc .

My most recent journey was from my home in the west of the uk to my home in south of France c 850 miles with no probs 

I will continue to use 1889 but have 1941 in reserve should problems arise.

Mileage 7866 , oil change range left 1499 time left 58 days ,service inspection range left 12099 miles time left 423 days .

Regards

51 minutes ago, ezmegmi said:

Probably, but still, if it's an official dealership, why updating everything to the latest is not the part of the procedure of before handover preparions as well.. :)

Updating firmware carries a small but finite risk of bricking the hardware, so dealers are under instructions to only update firmware when a specific problem is reported by the owner and the factory agrees to the update.

1 hour ago, Llwyngwernog said:

Just to throw a spanner into the works .

My car has 1889 and was a real PITA with constant reboots .

After a vist to a French Skoda dealer 3 months or so ago it appeared to settle down 

Have got a copy of 1941 ready to install but my car running 1889 is now perfectly well behaved 

Given that 1889 is working as it should I'm rather reluctant to meddle , if it ain't broke etc etc .

My most recent journey was from my home in the west of the uk to my home in south of France c 850 miles with no probs 

I will continue to use 1889 but have 1941 in reserve should problems arise.

Mileage 7866 , oil change range left 1499 time left 58 days ,service inspection range left 12099 miles time left 423 days .

Regards

1889 was stable. I had it. Except bluetooth pairing and syncing contacts with car, no other issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jugaroo said:

1889 was stable. I had it. Except bluetooth pairing and syncing contacts with car, no other issues.

Well, not really. It was stable until one of the OTA updates made it a mess with the sporadic reboots.

So today 1941 arrived, by dealer. Still not officially available in my country, but they found it on portal and my native language is present, no comment... Looking good for now, very responsive and fast.

20230707_102759.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

I’ve noticed another 1941 feature. On my old firmware I could only put my wipers into the service position via the vehicle menu. Now I can do it like most other cars but pressing the wiper stalk down shortly after the ignition is turned off. 

Well I had no reply to @skodauk on twitter getting them to sort the problem for everyone. 

Thanks to vroom, and the 1941 update I've had no reboots for 3 days. 

Simple install took less than 30 minutes and carried out while cleaning the car.  

Thanks again. 

• Like 3

On 01/07/2023 at 15:30, varooom said:

Sure thing, do you have a before version that you can post (information for everyone's benefit)

Hi mate, I am running 1896 and mine keeps rebooting randomly. May I also have the 1941 update file too please ?

Oh lord, the posts 🤣 - I gave up checking the forum for a bit, I'm still booked in for them to replace "the fan" at the back of my MIB3... it's due to go in on Tuesday.

Any chance you'll send me the link @varooom - I'm betting they'll not bother to update to 1941, even if I stick a sticky note with the TPI on the dash. 😭

4 hours ago, Melair said:

Oh lord, the posts 🤣 - I gave up checking the forum for a bit, I'm still booked in for them to replace "the fan" at the back of my MIB3... it's due to go in on Tuesday.

Any chance you'll send me the link @varooom - I'm betting they'll not bother to update to 1941, even if I stick a sticky note with the TPI on the dash. 😭

Well when you book the car in give them the TPI number and ask them to install the new firmware update as part of the work, if they say no, then just say fine but don't expect any further sales or servicing from yourself, comeback, check what firmware you have and then use the firmware update that has been so kindly supplied by two fine upstanding members of briskoda and install it yourself for free. 

Just remember that the normal caveats apply, but if an idiot like me can do it anyone can. 

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 1

So hello everybody,

An update from me for 1941 as  promised, after 9 days and 2400 km travelled.

So during this time and almost daily drives I unfortunatley still had 2 reboots. One when triyng to zoom in on the route  via the infotainment (Google maps / AA) and another happened while I was calling the Skoda service hotline using the integrated call button (spanner symbol next to the overhead lamps)

Both restarts happened waaaay into the trip, like 5-7 hours after starting the drive(s)

No longer had any issues when connecting the phone right after starting the engine/trip, as it was happening before the update.

In a nutshell, while still happening, the reboots only seemed to appear after/during long drives.

Hope this heps.

Edited by OftiK
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, OftiK said:

So hello everybody,

An update from me for 1941 as  promised, after 9 days and 2400 km travelled.

So during this time and almost daily drives I unfortunatley still had 2 reboots. One when triyng to zoom in on the route  via the infotainment (Google maps / AA) and another happened while I was calling the Skoda service hotline using the integrated call button (spanner symbol next to the overhead lamps)

Both restarts happened waaaay into the trip, like 5-7 hours after starting the drive(s)

No longer had any issues when connecting the phone right after starting the engine/trip, as it was happening before the update.

In a nutshell, while still happening, the reboots only seemed to appear after/during long drives.

Hope this heps.

Same behaviour happened to me, ~ 2 days ago: at the end of the highway (A2) just before approaching the city (Bucharest), Waze did a sort of zoom in, then the infotainment  suddenly rebooted. 😞
Firmware version 1941
AA version 9.8.632424
Waze version 4.95.2.0

• Like 1

My 1896 worked fine for a pretty long time except for the sound setting bug. Then I experienced the same story:  Some OTA update lead to sporadically reboots at first and more often occurence later on.

I was thinking I had found a solution since it worked fine for weeks after I did a factory reset and did not configured any user. Unfortunately the reboots came back, right now ~1 reboot in 2 days.

I find it funny that skoda can't revert this issue by another OTA or regained their balls to run the "big updates" via OTA. They don't have to do this for all units at once but I think the positive outcomes should be the greater benefit compared to a few bricked MiBs that are probably to expect.

• Like 1

As I was anticipating some time ago, today I joined the v.1941 club (through the front door 🙃 ) - believe it or not - installed by dealership, same one that did the installation for @djmartzian (thanks for the tip!).
It was not as long as they anticipated when they were threatening me with 3 to 4 hours installation time, but still - considerably longer than what it should have been. The car returned into the parking lot in about 2 hours after they took it inside for the upgrade. No idea what they did all that time, maybe they were listening to musing, or simply killing time - but the car had the hood and the driver's door opened during those 2 hours - I checked it via the phone App every 10-15 minutes while waiting... 
Fingers crossed it will run smooth from now on... at least until they release another major-fail OTA ☹️

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1