OTA update available

parsey83

Got into the car this morning and infotainment indicated there was a OTA software update available as follows. Anyone know what the extra features are? Car updated in less than 1.5 hours whilst at gym so not sure exactly how large this update is

Thanks

20220901_113253.jpg

Edited by parsey83
Addition

4 minutes ago, Markeknows said:

What versions were you on and what are you now? I’m still 1804 and booked in in 2 weeks hopefully for 1896 or 1898 like the Seat owners are already getting

Skoda only have 1896 for now, unless they have completely swapped over to that new version OTA (not heard of anything newer)

Got same update yesterday. I don't see any changes, although i get the feeling system is a bit smoother. Might be placebo effect though.

Update took roughly 5 minutes in my case, versions have not changed in the system info.

Would be nice to know what is it? Wonder if it might be for example this lane change assist, that was supposed to come to O4? Can't check, as my car doesn't have side assist and side ultrasonic sensors.

1 hour ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Mine was not so quick. I waited at least 10 min in the car and the update was not yet finished. So I left. 

Same thing. I though I'd wait it out in the car 😃

Well, I waited for 15 minutes and no confirmation that it completed ever came. Went back to the car later, and the confirmation popped up as soon as I turned on the ignition... Perhaps it required a cycle to finish?

• Like 1

This shows that auto manufacturers still can't produce software. I also got the same update, pressed "Update" button and got zero feedback. No progress bar or anything...

And WTF:

- New feature 1

- New feature 2

- New feature 3

What features are these? They provide OTA update for tens of thousands vehicles with some kind of sample text from UI designers. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GregB11x said:

Got another update today - this is the second one in two weeks. Still don't know what was updated, but I'm glad that phone calls now automatically switch to car speakers and not the phone....

got it on friday...don't see any changes...still no additional features in the shop (like traffic sign recognition, etc). 

• Like 1

I have to say that with 1896 system acts much better. There are now random popups about users etc. I'd say it's more stable and better to use.

Haven't got the latest one still. 

Hi

i have got the notification on my Octavia but nothing happens.

Do  you have to have the subscription to Skoda Connect for the upgrade to work as i let mine lapse?

I did ask in the garage is the Skoda Connect subscription required and i was told no.

Thanks

Hi, my question fit the topix not very well, but after the drive you turn off the engine and in the center console showed the text... In the top right corner is the icon of EDIT text. Always try to push it and edit the text, but nothing happened. 

Why? 

On 07/09/2022 at 11:49, DaveFromSydney said:

With 1896 you might find, as I did, that the car can no longer accept voice commands to adjust the temperature.

I checked yesterday and voice commands adjusted passenger and driver temperatures.

On 16/09/2022 at 20:36, Jim2015 said:

I checked yesterday and voice commands adjusted passenger and driver temperatures.

Maybe it's something to do with it being the Australian version.

Even the manual now says it is unavailable, where it had details of available commands before the update.

Note that although it says "not available in this language" my language setting is English (with a little British flag and no ability to change it).

PXL_20220919_012635364.jpg