Software Update available for Bolero?

Moffen

On 22/01/2024 at 19:42, andreiro221 said:

what is the SW that gives this error? 

0742 is the latest firmware for your unit, you should not go higer

Are you süre about that because I have a same unit and my firmware version is 1760. I installed a 6 mounth ago.

Screenshot_20240124_144826_Gallery.jpg

8 hours ago, PisAdam said:

Are you süre about that because I have a same unit and my firmware version is 1760. I installed a 6 mounth ago.

Screenshot_20240124_144826_Gallery.jpg

what was the previous SW ? 

older cars (2019-2021) have older MIB units , with maximum SW 0742 - you must not install higher SW !!!!

new cars ( 2021-204) have new MIB units, with maximum SW 1800

35 minutes ago, andreiro221 said:

what was the previous SW ? 

older cars (2019-2021) have older MIB units , with maximum SW 0742 - you must not install higher SW !!!!

new cars ( 2021-204) have new MIB units, with maximum SW 1800

Old one was 469

First I installed 742 after than 1760.

I try to install 1800 but there is some " 28 Flasshing Error " about tuner data files.

And also one of my friend installed 1800 for year 2020 Scala

20240121_130731.jpg

It's possible to update the older unit up to 1800.

BUT if you have VC than forgot about updating Unit 17 (Virtual Cockpit).because newer MIB versions block communication with VC (VC is also updated via pendrive). Skoda service provider confirmed the possibility of downgrading SW but they do not do it.

Hello, I have a 2020 Scala with "Bolero" (MIB3 entry) with SW Train MEN3_EU_SK370_P9305P version 0463 on HW 040.

I am looking to get files to update to 0469 ? ( MEN3_EU_SK370_P0113P_0469 ) 

I have obtained 0742 and newer but is seems it does not work from my current (too old?) version and needs at least 0469.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, andreiro221 said:

if the MIB works without problems, don.t update

In my case, I have just got a new Android phone, and AA auto simply doesn't work with it with MIB3 unit on SW 0463.  Worked with previous since 2020...

Due to some posts here and some other sites claiming updating to SW 1800 finaly fixed it for them, I was hoping to get this solved. 

Otherwise, without AA this "Bolero" unit is no use to me, could have got a Swing or a Bluetooth adapter ;) 

https://we.tl/t-q97i5UNctp

sw469

after SW469, you need SW741 + SW742

https://we.tl/t-mHVO3josgD

use a memory stick with native USB C

if Android AUto still does not work with your new phone , dont. update just yet to higer SW, because they are not for older units. 

there are a few people here the updated to 1790 and after that SW1800 does not install...

i will search for a fix

Edited by andreiro221
  • Like 1

Hello! I have SW 1800 installed. Unfortunately the latest version available on my MIB is 742. I am trying to flash back the SW to version 469 or 741/742. The reason is that SKODA official service claims that the release of the Smartlink WLAN function cannot be applied to higher SW.
I want to note that the SW 1800 works without problems, except without WLAN

Software number: 654035871D before the update, the original designation was: 654035871B

Does anyone have a solution?

Hi all,

After purchasing an s23 last week and frustratingly being told by shefield skoda that they were not aware of the 1800 update this forum has so generously alerted us to. I decided tonight to take the plunge and manually upgrade the bolero on my skoda fabia monte carlo.

I can confirm that my s23 AA now functions!!! i love skoda but it should not be this difficult to get regular updates. other car such as the Hyundai i20 2023 version (which my dad owns) get updates every 6 months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andreiro221 said:

updated MIB requiers FOD activation for the WLAN and it is not available for 1800

On Friday, it will be the 3rd time my dealer is trying to activate Wireless Option für Serien SmartLink (skoda-tuning.com). This time, finally, after some involvement of Skoda @Czech - how I understood they regenerated codes for the ODIS activation procedure. The previous time, they updated my Bolero to the 1800 version before trying activation. I'll let you all know if it was successful this time!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, andreiro221 said:

https://we.tl/t-q97i5UNctp

sw469

SW469'dan sonra SW741 + SW742'ye ihtiyacınız var

https://we.tl/t-mHVO3josgD

yerel USB C ile bir hafıza çubuğu kullanın

Android AUto yeni telefonunuzla hala çalışmıyorsa, çalışmayın. henüz daha yüksek SW'ye güncelleme yapın, çünkü bunlar daha eski birimler için değildir. 

Burada 1790'a güncellenen birkaç kişi var ve bundan sonra SW1800 yüklenmiyor...

bir düzeltme arayacağım

As a result, Skoda has made me hate itself with Android Auto that hasn't worked for a year and an update that it can't release.

Here we are dealing with the update at the expense of trashing our system that works on our own.

11 hours ago, PisAdam said:

As a result, Skoda has made me hate itself with Android Auto that hasn't worked for a year and an update that it can't release.

Here we are dealing with the update at the expense of trashing our system that works on our own.

I am sorry for your experience, I opened the ticket to Skoda in May 2023 and followed up with them almost monthly, first they said it will be done by the end of summer, than autumn :). In December I visited my dealer prior to notification it by email. The dealer performed free upgrade to 1800 and cable was fixed.

I notified Skoda in June 2023 that Seat works wirelessly, and Skoda was wise enough to enable this with a cost :).

Also on one of the brochures on the dealer I saw the wireless functionality and asked for that as well, paid approx 60 EUROS and now both cable and wireless AA work. 

Edited by MGV
  • Like 1

On 29/01/2024 at 20:58, FnLn said:

On Friday, it will be the 3rd time my dealer is trying to activate Wireless Option für Serien SmartLink (skoda-tuning.com). This time, finally, after some involvement of Skoda @Czech - how I understood they regenerated codes for the ODIS activation procedure. The previous time, they updated my Bolero to the 1800 version before trying activation. I'll let you all know if it was successful this time!!

Finally! :) The good news is that the total price, including the product and the service time, was 129€. What I understood was that the first time, I didn't have the latest version, 1800. On the 2nd try, I had the newest version. However, the code was not valid anymore, as they lasted only 3 months after one tried it via ODIS. Last week, Skoda regenerated codes for the services, and this time, there was already the latest option, and with active codes, it went very fast in 15 minutes.

Edited by FnLn
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Hello, i am from Greece, and i have a Skoda Scala 1.0 TSi Ambition ( 04/2021 model ), with the Bolero MIB3 Head Unit ( no Virtual Cockpit )

The current Version installed is: SW Train: MEN3_EU_SK370_P0314L and MU SW: 1233.

Is there an update for my unit ?

I have found a version online ( MEN3_EU_SK370_P2345L ) but i am not sure if it correct for my model and region

20240202_111946.jpg

10 hours ago, FnLn said:

Finally! :) The good news is that the total price, including the product and the service time, was 129€. What I understood was that the first time, I didn't have the latest version, 1800. On the 2nd try, I had the newest version. However, the code was not valid anymore, as they lasted only 3 months after one tried it via ODIS. Last week, Skoda regenerated codes for the services, and this time, there was already the latest option, and with active codes, it went very fast in 15 minutes.

what is your unit part number? 

8 hours ago, Kaldio said:

Hello, i am from Greece, and i have a Skoda Scala 1.0 TSi Ambition ( 04/2021 model ), with the Bolero MIB3 Head Unit ( no Virtual Cockpit )

The current Version installed is: SW Train: MEN3_EU_SK370_P0314L and MU SW: 1233.

Is there an update for my unit ?

I have found a version online ( MEN3_EU_SK370_P2345L ) but i am not sure if it correct for my model and region

20240202_111946.jpg

send me private message with your VIN

Hi everyone.

I have a 2020 Scala with Bolero and I managed to update it from 0461 all the way to 1800 and now Android Auto on my Galaxy S23 finally works.

The problem is that somewhere along the way, all settings for the Bolero somehow got reset to some defaults and I don't have the Car menu, Driving assistance and only one language available (Romanian).

I have an OBDEleven unit with which I restored a few menus, but can anyone help me with a VCDS full scan or OBDEleven backup of module 5F on their 2020 Scala/Kamiq or similar so that I have a starting point?

Thank you!

20240204_154608.jpg

20240204_154313.jpg

On 02/02/2024 at 10:45, FnLn said:

Is there anyway if I have a unit with number 654 035 869K, which is mentioned that is not capable of installing wireless smartlink+, nevertheless somehow to bypass this and install it?

2 hours ago, ways said:

Is there anyway if I have a unit with number 654 035 869K, which is mentioned that is not capable of installing wireless smartlink+, nevertheless somehow to bypass this and install it?

I'm not aware of it. However, the best approach would be to ask your dealer about it. I don't know about newer Kamiqs, but you can buy additional features via infotainment in newer Octavias.

Edited by FnLn