Virtual Cockpit Updates

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Virtual Cockpit has changed or updated on newer Octavia's? I was in the local dealer this morning, and they had a vRS in the showroom which had the display of the map in the background with the circular speedometer and rev counter in front.

Unless I'm being stupid, I cannot configure the virtual cockpit on my 2020 SE L to be like this. For me it's either the nav screen with the speedometer underneath the map, or it's the circular rev counter and speedometer with a background picture/pattern. It doesn't seem possible to have the map as the background.

I've attached a few pictures...

2023-04-03 14_09_13-Window.png

thumbnail_image007.png

thumbnail_image008.png

I think this is only available to the later models - they've got different and more powerful graphical processors, so they've got more options for their dashboard view. I can't get this view on my vRS as well...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 03/04/2023 at 16:29, Tishout said:

I think this is only available to the later models - they've got different and more powerful graphical processors, so they've got more options for their dashboard view. I can't get this view on my vRS as well...

true. previous models do not have rgb settings like these new models, which also have stronger processors, because Škoda saw that older systems are not fluid.
That's why I sold my Octavia from 2021 and ordered a new one for the same money I got for the old one, which already had 30,000 km.

• 2 months later...

I wonder if its possible to code it in, as Seat and VW all seemed to be able to select the centre area from model years 2020 onwards, not just 23.

They all had the same hardware so might be an adaptation work around?

Is anyone with this feature able to put up any details of how their modules may be coded? I can compare it to my 22 year model that doesnt have it.

Why to bother with maps on cocpit which are not Google maps.. maps on cocpit would be good only if there would be possible to use Google maps which is personalized with daily routine / favourites etc.. VAG is way behind other companies which already implemented google stuff and it is much better..

Edited by sdolenec
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

Why to bother with maps on cocpit which are not Google maps.. maps on cocpit would be good only if there would be possible to use Google maps which is personalized with daily routine / favourites etc.. VAG is way behind other companies which already implemented google stuff and it is much better..

I can think of a bunch of reasons not to have Google in my car (privacy etc. etc.) but that aside, why not use maps that are not Google?

Any map displayed with car location on it gives a useful context to the journey, for example, the shape of a road junction, and indication of nearby towns or villages. I don't always need SatNav to tell me where to go. On a recent trip it was used the VAG map - it was showing a village near the coast with a POI of a café - a quick detour for lunch before resuming my drive.

• Like 1

I prefer to use Waze, although it still insists on using feet on the approach to junctions & roundabouts etc.

But I do have a lot of knowledge in my head so I'm not over reliant on technology. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveTheElder said:

I can think of a bunch of reasons not to have Google in my car (privacy etc. etc.) but that aside, why not use maps that are not Google?

Any map displayed with car location on it gives a useful context to the journey, for example, the shape of a road junction, and indication of nearby towns or villages. I don't always need SatNav to tell me where to go. On a recent trip it was used the VAG map - it was showing a village near the coast with a POI of a café - a quick detour for lunch before resuming my drive.

Unless you leave your phone at home it will be tracking you anyway

2 hours ago, mitchec said:

Unless you leave your phone at home it will be tracking you anyway

No Google service, nor my browser, on my phone has access to the location; and no, I don't use Google Maps or Waze for navigation.

But this is way off the topic of virtual cockpits...

• Haha 1