Inspecting repairing front bumper support and securing front bumper to the bumper support rail.

On 19/06/2023 at 21:28, Breezy_Pete said:

The first one, suffix C suits standard and sports bumpers, whatever they are.

Suffix D one suits 'comfort bumpers', whatever they are!

If you're lucky, you may see one of the PR codes 2JB, 2JD, 2JK or 2JX on the build options sticker in the boot. Only the last of those requires the suffix D part.

I've been hunting for the right part at the right price @Breezy_Pete and I turned up one with the suffix C, brand new for £47.44 + delivery of £8 and customs duties and taxes and collection fees from Germany bringing the total to £117.51 which seems quite a lot. Then I found this one which Autodoc said was just £8 delivery and didn't mention anything about duties and taxes. I couldn't see any of the PR codes you listed. I noticed that this large piece of metal is all quite wavy and inprecise looking. Is that normal? The breakers are a bit hit and miss when I ask questions about a part. They generally don't know very much other than its metal.

On 20/06/2023 at 12:53, MikeTheThinker said:

The bumper differentiations are in the plastics and lighting.  The underlying metalwork is common to almost all mk2 Octys with only minor variations as per the parts catalogue.

You can see the bumper plastics variants below.  Note that there are minor variations by model year and PR codes so do check:

2011 Octavia mk2 1ZB standard front bumper

2011 Octavia mk2 1ZB RS front bumper

2011 Octavia mk2 1ZB Tour front bumper

2011 Octavia mk2 1ZB Scout front bumper

Fab. That helps confirm my bumper plastics. Thanks :)

On 29/06/2023 at 17:33, Breezy_Pete said:

Message me with your VIN and I can give you a definite part number for the car.

Hi Pete,

Thanks! My VIN is TMBEH21Z4B2123010.

On 06/07/2023 at 10:42, Breezy_Pete said:

Morning,

As expected your VIN gives the suffix C part as correct for your car; feel free to ask if there's any further bits you need to research:

Screenshot 2023-07-06 10.40.15.png

Thanks very much Breezy.

Its reassuring that we are coming to the same conclusion when even the dealer doesn't seem to know. How useless my SKODA dealer is. They can't even manage to sell me parts that fit. They can't even get a collection of screws and nuts together so I can refresh my engine bay. That's my next bit of research. Who carries proper nuts bolts and fasteners? Have you had any experience in this respect Pete?

A seller using the name vagbolts on eBay has always given great service in my experience. 

Limited selection of commonly reqd items though.

'Refreshing' sounds a bit cosmetic, can't you just turn a blind eye? 

On 09/07/2023 at 13:06, Breezy_Pete said:

A seller using the name vagbolts on eBay has always given great service in my experience. 

Limited selection of commonly reqd items though.

'Refreshing' sounds a bit cosmetic, can't you just turn a blind eye? 

Thanks for that Breezy. Yes, 'refreshing' was a bit flippant and just about keeping it simple. I do want to get across many bolts clamps and clips. People think I am a bit mad. The SKODA dealer asked why I didn't just buy a new car if I want my engine to look so good. I don't understand these folk. Maybe I am a bit mad. Maybe I am OTT or have one of those conditions like OCD.