Start and stop disable permanently

HI to everyone I have a request for  disable start and stop permanently.

Somebody know how i can do that?

i try with standard metod with OBD eleven but don't work i read the VW group "change the software"  to make things more difficult

. I tried the OBD eleven quick methods but they no longer work, you need to change the code, do any of you know how to do it?

image.png

yes I read but I saw that someone by changing the manualy the code (bit) can solve the problem the issue is that I don't know on which ECU and which bit to modify

2 hours ago, DutchVRS said:

Its not possible with coding but in the software its possible. Just had it finally changed during my stage 2 tuning.

Was that by adaptation change or firmware change?

Please give more details.

2 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Was that by adaptation change or firmware change?

Please give more details.

It's firmware change. With a custom map tuners can change also various other settings in car's computer which are not possible with coding. For example changing start/stop to remember last setting, left foot braking, disabling auto-**** in manual mode, etc...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

It's firmware change. 

That's what I thought you meant but wanted to clarify that the firmware needs 'modifying' by a tuner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zorglub said:

those kind of modules only work for cars with physical buttons

Oh, they've removed the physical button? Seems like a retrograde step.

3 hours ago, petrolcan said:

Oh, they've removed the physical button? Seems like a retrograde step.

Depends on who you ask. 😂 Skoda engineers would disagree with you for sure.

But yes, now you need at least 3 clicks to disable it. And usually you also need to wait a bit for infotainment to fully load before you can disable it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting @Andy585

LOL !!! plug & play it's written. Besides the fact that you have to remove the Vehicle Voltage control unit from its location to play with connectors, in the control unit you have 3 connectors: 2 73 pins connectors (T73a + T73b) and 1 46 pins connector (T73c). Either you have full detail on wiring in the installation manual or ... good luck! because without that information I would not be able to install it.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello. After installing the heated steering https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/518453-retrofit-of-the-steering-wheel/#comment-5815149, I decided to work on disabling the start/stop system. What I found:
1) China adapter which is not clear how to connect https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005005381695131.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2pol
2) China adapter which is easy to connect https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005006284446645.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2pol
3) Coding + Arduino

image.thumb.png.abc492e946380c86ce6cf05b618d7de6.png

What do you think?

Edited by Dimex

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2023 at 15:33, zorglub said:

also interested, start and stop is one of the most anoying thing ever created in the human history 😁

Which is why I am reluctant to change my 4 year-old Scala battery. The car is smart enough to turn off SS (permanently?) if the battery is old! 

I have also read that there is also a brute force procedure involving disconnecting the battery sensor wire, at the battery, if you are desperate!

• 1 month later...