Limited Edition vRS

Shifty

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the stutter? can't say I've noticed it, but not been particularly listening... is it certain speed or revs or what? TBH, I spend more time looking at it than driving it! :D

Oh, and sitting stroking the seats.....so soft.....:o

well just been told by horners that my car should be in on tuesday ready for collection on thursday :D

There were 2 at horners manchester when i went this morning... looked like one had been prepped and was ready to go, the other looked like it had been in a sandstorm!

Had a bit of a look, traded my 53 plate in and mine is due for delivery towards the end of the month!!

... i really should keep away from the dealers:eek:

There were 2 at horners manchester when i went this morning... looked like one had been prepped and was ready to go, the other looked like it had been in a sandstorm!

You've got me worried now - I'm picking mine up from Horners Manchester next Tuesday!!! Do you think they'll clean it up or should I take a bucket and spade:confused:

You've got me worried now - I'm picking mine up from Horners Manchester next Tuesday!!! Do you think they'll clean it up or should I take a bucket and spade:confused:

I think it just needed a good wash... I'm sure by the time you pick it up it'll be fine!

(It can't have been that bad, i bought one after looking at it!!):thumbup:

Steve

just like a noise? or can you feel it too? I'll have a go on way home

If you have a week to spare,you could read the sticky.But i'll save you the trouble. Stutter/flatspot/hesitation occurs when going from "off" to "on" throttle around 1800rpm.Caused by high levels of EGR in the EURO 1V compliant cars. Some cars seem worse than others,usually at its worst with a cold engine.

I've had mine for 2 weeks now and am delighted with it. Stutter is present on trailing throttle at 1800 rpm and is most noticeable in 4th gear but no where near as bad as I feared when I first read about the problem. Fuel cosumption seems to be better than my 04 plate abeit I'm still running her in.

Yep,think i'd agree with you,mine's not as bad as i expected.But once the new car feel and smell of leather have worn off.............

I'll be accelerating hard past 1800 rpm anyway?

Suppose it depends on driving style and type of road/traffic conditions.My journey to work is almost stutter free,but coming home, heavy traffic + gatso + mobile cameras make it prone to st..st...st....stutter. Maybe should choose a different route !!

Got a phone call off my dealer this morning, they had just had two delivered this morning and one of them has my name on it:D :D :D

I won't be able to get to collect it until next weekend though:mad: :(

If you have a week to spare,you could read the sticky.But i'll save you the trouble. Stutter/flatspot/hesitation occurs when going from "off" to "on" throttle around 1800rpm.Caused by high levels of EGR in the EURO 1V compliant cars. Some cars seem worse than others,usually at its worst with a cold engine.

Same with mine. Picked it up on Monday and the stutter on it is not acceptable! Thing is, the difference between having a 'stuttering' engine or one that is 'silky smooth' is just a poxy EGR gasket worth less than

Have had mine for a whole week now - and already clocked up 500 miles as I love driving it so much! Will look out for the stutter thing.....one thing I have noticed is that its turnover is quite high and I don't need to use any accelerator when reversing....!? The gear stick vibrates in neutral, too (!) Just settling in? Any thoughts?

Hi

Just purchased the TT brake upgrade set for me SE!, do I need to upgrade to 17" as well or will they fit on a standard 16" set of alloys?

New to all this upgrading lark, so be gentle with me please.:confused:

John

You're right about the gasket,but i don't think the cupra intake/panel filter will make any difference.Stutter caused by rapid change in EGR quantity.

Just thought the additional air-flow may help 'smooth' the EGR stutter, as some have reported their stutter to be more like a bang/jerk etc. Thing is, I have all these parts (cupra intake, K&N, 9mm gasket) tucked away in a storage box, after I removed them from my last vRS - before I part-exed it for the SE.

My old vRS also had the stutter when new (built late '05 so it was an early BLT engine). The 9mm gasket, cupra intake & K&N element made a hell of a difference. The stutter disappeared, the idle was smoother and the gear stick / seat 'shake I also suffered disappeared!

For my SE, I'm going for the dealer fix - 14.5mm hole gasket (or was that 15.5mm?). I'll have to look back on the sticky again..;)

Hi

Just purchased the TT brake upgrade set for me SE!, do I need to upgrade to 17" as well or will they fit on a standard 16" set of alloys?

New to all this upgrading lark, so be gentle with me please.:confused:

John

Heard that they fit under the standard alloys, but I got that info from a seller on ebay.. The photo's he had on the site also confirmed this. Try a search for 'Fabia vRS' on ebay, he might still be supplying them. Nice upgrade though! Keep us posted on how they shape up. :thumbup:

Just thought the additional air-flow may help 'smooth' the EGR stutter, as some have reported their stutter to be more like a bang/jerk etc. Thing is, I have all these parts (cupra intake, K&N, 9mm gasket) tucked away in a storage box, after I removed them from my last vRS - before I part-exed it for the SE.

My old vRS also had the stutter when new (built late '05 so it was an early BLT engine). The 9mm gasket, cupra intake & K&N element made a hell of a difference. The stutter disappeared, the idle was smoother and the gear stick / seat 'shake I also suffered disappeared!

For my SE, I'm going for the dealer fix - 14.5mm hole gasket (or was that 15.5mm?). I'll have to look back on the sticky again..;)

You're lucky to have the 9mm gasket ready to go.Did you ever have any problems with the management light coming on after fitting the gasket on your old car ?. It's been the subject of some discussion on the stutter sticky. The BLT engine has a much harsher idle/gearstick vibration than my old 04 plate, again due to increased EGR levels.Let's know how having the dealer fit the 14.5mm gasket goes, and what sort of improvement you get.

I've been reading this thread for sometime now and have finally plucked up the courage to join. I take delivery of my Fabia SE on Wednesday, but ordered it at the end of February. Does anyone else think that Skoda UK have handled the whole thing badly and I would suggest the only reason they have done this is to drum up some expectation and excitement for a car they know will sell well? :mad:

I'm a little annoyed, as some others are, that the initial promise of choosing a seat number hasn't happened and that the dealer network has basically been left with not knowing when they will get the cars to fill the orders..... there, rant over. Hopefully everything goes well Wednesday and I can start enjoying owning one!!!:thumbup: