Fabia VRS vs. the world

rico

Also - have you had to replace any EGR valves on your 407? vRS's might have stutters, but they don't ditch you at the side of the road when the EGR valve shuts off completely on the Euro IV models. About 20,000 miles seems about right. One dealer in Norfolk is basically replacing them at major services on a precautionary basis!

same engine in the new Focus/C-MAX , and yes we are changing the EGR valves as well , PITA job:(

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said!

The fab vrs is a great little car and it is nippy but it aint no super car! As a vrs owner some of thes posts do get annoying!

Anyhow the 2.0 8v is way quicker! ;)

Word up.

I agree, some people get carried away. A simple remap gives a competant car that feels very quick indeed. They are good cars indeed, infact I really miss mine sometimes. Its just the silly mustang slayer threads that are a little far fetched!

Don't start. If you guys carefully read what I said in those threads this post wouldnt have come up.

Besides the fact that when threads like that do come up, EVERYONE always checks in to see for any possible cyber fights that may have begun. These threads are the core of Briskoda.

Feel the love people, feel the love.

Just to reply to spudgun, while i agree that the fabia vrs is not the quickest car around, i feel that after owning two 306 D Turbos, the Fabia vrs would out do them, both in straight line speed and cornering.

No they wernt, they were both standard 1.9 and 2.0. (The 2.0 i loved but it ended up on its roof in a field.) But then you could map the furby, and this argument could go on forever. I do agreee that the pug handled very well, but i feel that the furby has the edge.

Hi All,

Ive been a member of the forums since i had my VRS in 2005. I have moved on from then an got myself an 225 Audi TT. I still come to the forums, as i like to see how the furby is progressing and to help out with any questions i have the answer to. However all this my fabia vrs beat a 5 series beemer, my fabia vrs is soooo fast, is starting to get very tiresome. In reality.... lets be honest, its not THAT fast, infact its not even fast at all. There are so many cars that would thrash it, even a rep mobile 2.0ltr mondeo which you can pick up for about £800. For comparison my TT isnt THAT fast either.

What im trying to get at, is these kind of posts and replies are starting to make the forum a place for people to make themselves look stupid.... Once you move away from the fabia vrs you will realise... well actually it wasnt fast was it.

Can we stop these posts, as it is becoming tiresome having to trawl through genuine threads with people going, my vrs would beat it... Its starting to get annoying. I know people will say, if you dont like it then do one, but i rate this forum and dont want it to go downhill.

Dont get me wrong the Skoda Fabia VRS is a great small hatchback, economical, well built, good residuals, looks nice. However standard its not a performance car, FACT!

Just my 2p

Rico

I agree with most of that for sure but the Fabia Vs Bentley post are not as annoying as the "Who’s got the biggest Stutter' threads.

Briskoda is the best place to come for an argument about something trivial, more and more people come on here purely to slag the Fabia off, I have never seen that on other car specific Discussion boards.

I agree with most of that for sure but the Fabia Vs Bentley post are not as annoying as the "Who’s got the biggest Stutter' threads.

Briskoda is the best place to come for an argument about something trivial, more and more people come on here purely to slag the Fabia off, I have never seen that on other car specific Discussion boards.

I really don't think that anybody comes here to slag off the Fabia but generally speaking, unless you're saying how wonderfull it is in each and every way it really doesn't take too long to get kicked in the nuts for "slagging it off"...:rolleyes: and that, along with the "I raced xxx" threads on really happens with the Fabia (vRS)

Haha. 20-25!!! Nice and accurate!

Remapped vs standard is quite a difference.

Std i agree - 23seconds

Remapped around 18... Relatively fast...

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire. But where did you get these figures from? A standard Fabia will do 0-100 in 30 seconds.

Remapped, approximately 23-25.

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire. But where did you get these figures from? A standard Fabia will do 0-100 in 30 seconds.

A succinct version of this thread and my own guess... Never timed 0-100 though...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/fabia/0-60-0-100-furby-vrs-chipped-standard/16745/3/?highlight=0-100

and this one...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/general-car-chat/did-my-0-100-test-fabia/36338/?highlight=0-100+fabia

hth

I take it you've got a Euro III car then? I don't see anything negative about a group of people with a common complaint coming together to form a united front against the company that sold us a defective product.

My Fabia would easily out accelerate a Lamborghini if it just didn't stutter:)

But you won't see me on here soon as I'm ditching the F-F-F-Fabia. Shame as it's a pretty decent car really...

I think what everyone is overlooking in this thread is whether or not the owners of their car (not just the Fabia vRS) enjoy driving it. People can spout stats all day long but the most important thing is whether or noy you enjoy driving it. I had a Toyota Corolla GTI a few years back and it wasn't the quickest car I've ever driven but it brought a smile to my face every time I got in it.

Yes it is fun to try and have a go at other cars from time to time but these kind of threads always get out of hand when people either a) have too bigger ego's or B) have come in to slag off another car.

I am happy with my car and to me, that's all that matters!

I hope this has clearded up most of this thread and a couple of others on here at the moment and I'm sure most of you will agree with me on that!

and where did u get ur figures from? im not arguing that they maybe right/wrong, but it seems way out imo, 0-60 takes around 8-9 secs so for an extra 40 mph it takes a further 21 secs, that doesnt seem right, but who cares anywayz?

Well. A remapped Octavia pushing about 210hp, does it in 18 seconds approximately. Same with my standard LCR, approximately 17-18 seconds.

Take a look at Goochie's video, of the remapped Octavia's comfortably pulling away from the Fabia vRS.

A remapped Fabia is roughly 170 bhp. Remapped Octavia's for instance have 40hp more, and weigh roughly the same. Makes sense to me? And .... To you?

Well. A remapped Octavia pushing about 210hp, does it in 18 seconds approximately. Same with my standard LCR, approximately 17-18 seconds.

Take a look at Goochie's video, of the remapped Octavia's comfortably pulling away from the Fabia vRS.

A remapped Fabia is roughly 170 bhp. Remapped Octavia's for instance have 40hp more, and weigh roughly the same. Makes sense to me? And .... To you?

Dont know whats wrong with your LCR but in various 0-100-0 test the LCR got around 22 seconds. That means, if a LCR goes 0-100 in 18 seconds (as you are saying) it must go from 100-0 in under 4 seconds. I think not...

The LCR must be reaching 100mph quicker than 18seconds. Maybe 15-16?

Therefore a remapped Fabia will do it in 18 ish seconds... Standard it'll do it in 23-25seconds.

If I could be arsed I would find more info to back me up, but this'll do I'm sure...

0 - 100 - 0 [Archive] - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

HTH

Blimey.... I should have kept my Fabia if thats true! :rofl: But its not. My standard LCR, wastes all over my quite well modded vRS.

My Fabia vRS, modifications were, Forge's FMIC, Turbo Back Blueflame exhaust, Green Filter, PD160 Intake, Eibach suspension, Strut Brace and a Remap.

That 0-100 page you've presented, records the LCR at 17.20 seconds to 100. As I said, roughly 17-18 seconds.

Scroll down and you can see it for yourself :rofl:

The LCR can do it in 16.36 secs to 100mph, its in the vid i posted on the other thread.

It should comfortably beat the VRS you had because an uprated exhaust and FMIC wont give any more BHP than a VRS with just a remapp because you need a hybrid turbo for the FMIC and turbo back exhaust to be any benefit.