New Fabia Sport Arrived!!!

Exactly, also think if your a company car driver and something is wrong with the car you will want it fixed as your paying tax to run the car you want it right.

Also Tyres on Company cars are changed when they have 4mm left not 1.7-2mm - everything like that incl pads/discs are changed more frequently than you would think as basically the company want the employee to be firstly 100% safe in the car and secondly the car has to be 100% reliable as the driver could miss meetings etc due to an unreliable car hence its not

You state this like it's an absolute fact , when it's actually nothing of the sort.

Company cars are run by all sorts of businesses from small to very large and each will have their own policies for servicing. To say that they all get tyres changed with 4mm left is total nonsense as an example.

Taking our company cars - it's down to the driver to arrange servicing , so when the service light comes on it's booked in at the local main dealer and serviced in accordance with the guidelines. Brake pads aren't changed any earlier than they need to be , and tyres are bought when they need replacing and not when they are still more than twice the legal limit.

I think you'll find that most fleet managers are very concerned about costs and to say that they'll replace perfectly good parts before they need doing just to be 100% sure someone will get to a meeting is ridiculous. They will be serviced as per the manufacturers recommendations , just the same as most private cars. The difference is that most private car owners treat theirs with respect , whereas company car drivers often don't.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Giving it the pride & joy is typical sales man talk - were in a dire economical situation and personal debt is at the highest its ever been there may be job losses this year and next year and higher interest rates = much less spare cash yet you think its still fine for people to go out and change their car when there is no need to do so.

Being a car enthusiast doesnt mean changing your car every x number of years it purely means enjoying your car and looking after it.

salesman talk?? ive been refering to my own cars as my pride and joy since i could drive. i spend my money on what i want (as im sure others do too) if you dont understand that concept of "pride and joy" maybe you have other interests? clearly its not as a "car enthusiast" imoa. no it doesnt mean changing a car every 5 mins either. but it could mean weighing up keeping a car out of warranty, mots, on going bills. or getting rid and buying a new car. why get so het up over depriceiation? it hits virtually every product you buy! if you add up everything in your lives that you have bought over the years, 95% wouldnt be worth half what you paid for it originally. so does that also mean you would only buy used home goods too for that reason?

Re - your statement most people do not buy cars on PCP - well as most new car buyers are company car buyers they specidfically do have to.

hang on, PCP is a PERSONAL CONTRACT PLAN. which isnt a business buy, its a personal one. so how can cmpany cars be purchased this way? so in fact you are wrong there, bussiness buyers buy through a business contract plan. Oh and you find me a main dealer willing to take credit cards without charging you 2% to cover the credit cards fees, but if you could and still get a good discount then yes credit card woudl be the best way to buy a car.

Your last sentence is plain wrong if you simply had no private buyers buying new then your assuming that there would be no new cars to buy utter rubbish all the company cars, hire cars, lease car, contract hire cars would be in the market in 12,15/24/36/48 months and even after just 1/2/3 months

i was refering to the private buyer, not business users. as i presumed you were a private buyer yourself. but let me clarify my statement if that helps: if everyone thought as you do, there would be no privately owned new cars for people to buy. i never said anything about businesses.

Yes he does, but it's normally dirty :D

lol, well its not upto me to clean it :D

I don't think he's bought it - he works at a dealership and they've just got a new one in that he is sharing photos of. I think the wooden one drives a Roomster? :D

Chris

spot on :), this threads gone so far off topic its not a surprise its been forgotten!

I'm happy for you... :thumbup:

Only thing I've found with most dealers... the demo cars always seem quieter with that little bit more poke.

I've heard that some of the more unscrupulous ones get them slightly tuned and have extra soundproofing installed... rascals :rolleyes:

god know where you heard this from, but ive never heard of such things being done! :thumbdwn:

if you know a dealer that does this pratice , i would name and shame. skoda demo stock can be checked out at any time by skoda audits. not sure about other brands but im sure its the same.

so back on topic, anyone like the yellow?? :rofl:

salesman talk?? ive been refering to my own cars as my pride and joy since i could drive. i spend my money on what i want (as im sure others do too) if you dont understand that concept of "pride and joy" maybe you have other interests? clearly its not as a "car enthusiast" imoa. no it doesnt mean changing a car every 5 mins either. but it could mean weighing up keeping a car out of warranty, mots, on going bills. or getting rid and buying a new car. why get so het up over depriceiation? it hits virtually every product you buy! if you add up everything in your lives that you have bought over the years, 95% wouldnt be worth half what you paid for it originally. so does that also mean you would only buy used home goods too for that reason?

hang on, PCP is a PERSONAL CONTRACT PLAN. which isnt a business buy, its a personal one. so how can cmpany cars be purchased this way? so in fact you are wrong there, bussiness buyers buy through a business contract plan. Oh and you find me a main dealer willing to take credit cards without charging you 2% to cover the credit cards fees, but if you could and still get a good discount then yes credit card woudl be the best way to buy a car.

i was refering to the private buyer, not business users. as i presumed you were a private buyer yourself. but let me clarify my statement if that helps: if everyone thought as you do, there would be no privately owned new cars for people to buy. i never said anything about businesses.

spot on :), this threads gone so far off topic its not a surprise its been forgotten!

god know where you heard this from, but ive never heard of such things being done! :thumbdwn:

if you know a dealer that does this pratice , i would name and shame. skoda demo stock can be checked out at any time by skoda audits. not sure about other brands but im sure its the same.

please don't encourage him,it makes him worse:thumbup:(welshy that is)

You state this like it's an absolute fact , when it's actually nothing of the sort.

Company cars are run by all sorts of businesses from small to very large and each will have their own policies for servicing. To say that they all get tyres changed with 4mm left is total nonsense as an example.

Taking our company cars - it's down to the driver to arrange servicing , so when the service light comes on it's booked in at the local main dealer and serviced in accordance with the guidelines. Brake pads aren't changed any earlier than they need to be , and tyres are bought when they need replacing and not when they are still more than twice the legal limit.

I think you'll find that most fleet managers are very concerned about costs and to say that they'll replace perfectly good parts before they need doing just to be 100% sure someone will get to a meeting is ridiculous. They will be serviced as per the manufacturers recommendations , just the same as most private cars. The difference is that most private car owners treat theirs with respect , whereas company car drivers often don't.

1. I'll take the last 3 companies I have worked for as an example - all have outsourced their fleet depts which in effect means they are using lease companies like Lex, Lex charge you a monthly maintence fee which includes everything and tyres in all 3 places were changed at 4mm why? becuase that is within the contract and is priced accordingly within the monthly maintence payment.

2. A very significant number of company car drivers decide to opt out of the company car scheme and therefore take PCP's. Also a fair number of companies 2 out of the 3 I have wored for have lease companes which provide the cars to the employees there is no actual company cars its all ECO (employee car ownership) schemes this is basically to save the Company NI on the P11d payments and its also much cheaper for the individual tax wise hence lots of PCP's.

3. Of course the cars are serviced in accordance with the markers service schedule and trust me here the employee does take the car in on time as if it doesnt that person is breaking the T&C's of the car scheme (which I have read in my own personal comp car scheme).

Please clarify what your definition of a car enthusiast is? I dont think there is a one size fits all some would say driving round in an early 1980's 1.6l Sierra wouldnt be others may say that keeping a car which at the time made such a change to the design of cars /years ahead is a good thing, others a cost saving thing others because that person really likes that specific type of car.

Is a car enthusiast who say (givin me as an example) goes to Le Mans (yearly) goodwood revival & festival of speed, the Le Mans series a Silversone, DTM's at Brands Hatch and am still toying with getting tickets to Barcelona F1 - or is that just a Motorsports fan?

Is a car enthusiast someon who polishes their car weekly or someone who has a compulsive disorder?

Is a car enthusiast someone who meets other car owners in car parks in the evenings with burn outs a car enthusiast or a chav?

Is a car enthusiast someone who if caught for speeding or talking about speeding almost always assumes they have higher skills than the general joe public driver?

Anyway - the reviews of the Fabia Sport are that its a good car nice soft suspension for the UK roads and fills the gap between now & the vRS. The biggest problem the Fabia Sport has is that its £2k more than the Fiat Grande Punto which is 30bhp more. Also @£13k its pretty pricy for a 100bhp car considering you can buy a Fiest ST for the same

Please clarify what your definition of a car enthusiast is? I don't think there is a one size fits all some would say driving round in an early 1980's 1.6l Sierra wouldn't be others may say that keeping a car which at the time made such a change to the design of cars /years ahead is a good thing, others a cost saving thing others because that person really likes that specific type of car.

Is a car enthusiast who say (giving me as an example) goes to Le Mans (yearly) good-wood revival & festival of speed, the Le Mans series a Silvers-one, DTM's at Brands Hatch and am still toying with getting tickets to Barcelona F1 - or is that just a Motor-sports fan?

Is a car enthusiast someone who polishes their car weekly or someone who has a compulsive disorder?

Is a car enthusiast someone who meets other car owners in car parks in the evenings with burn outs a car enthusiast or a chav?

Is a car enthusiast someone who if caught for speeding or talking about speeding almost always assumes they have higher skills than the general Joe public driver?

Point well made! :offtopic:

Anyway - the reviews of the Fabia Sport are that its a good car nice soft suspension for the UK roads and fills the gap between now & the vRS. The biggest problem the Fabia Sport has is that its £2k more than the Fiat Grande Punto which is 30bhp more. Also @£13k its pretty pricey for a 100bhp car considering you can buy a Fiesta ST for the same

Yeah would be nice if they could find a way to throw in the 1.4TSI even if only in the non-supercharged 90kw version for the Sport, until the VRS shows up with the 170hp:rice: 1.4TSI!!!

A car enthusiast is a driver who won't refuse a drive of any car regardless of badge or where it was made - and will always find good points.

Prime example is Jeremy Clarkson or the other Top Gear boys :thumbup:

I've read bad reports on the 1.4 Twin Charger... I hope they don't put that in the new Furby :(

I seem to recall whining Golf GT Owners complaining that the throttle response is absolute parp... and the transition from Supercharger to Turbo isn't as smooth as it should be or something like that. :confused:

I'll google it and see if I can find the article again :)

I seem to recall whining Golf GT Owners complaining that the throttle response is absolute parp... and the transition from Supercharger to Turbo isn't as smooth as it should be or something like that. :confused:

I'll google it and see if I can find the article again :)

Sure I've seen similar reviews.... which have concluded that the 140bhp unit is the better of the 2 (bit like the 2.0l TDI)

Saw a navy Sport in the local shopping centre last weekend.

Apart from the ride height it looks well... really like the seats and wheels :)

Seen a few on the road now, including a black one at the services this morning.

18752.attach

18753.attach

1. I'll take the last 3 companies I have worked for as an example - all have outsourced their fleet depts which in effect means they are using lease companies like Lex, Lex charge you a monthly maintence fee which includes everything and tyres in all 3 places were changed at 4mm why? becuase that is within the contract and is priced accordingly within the monthly maintence payment.

2. A very significant number of company car drivers decide to opt out of the company car scheme and therefore take PCP's. Also a fair number of companies 2 out of the 3 I have wored for have lease companes which provide the cars to the employees there is no actual company cars its all ECO (employee car ownership) schemes this is basically to save the Company NI on the P11d payments and its also much cheaper for the individual tax wise hence lots of PCP's.

3. Of course the cars are serviced in accordance with the markers service schedule and trust me here the employee does take the car in on time as if it doesnt that person is breaking the T&C's of the car scheme (which I have read in my own personal comp car scheme).

so surely a man as important as you on £50 per hour would have a very nice company car,a bmw maybe,and not be running around in an old fiat spending his spare time reading about cars he will never own,maybe because he has more chance of platting fog,seeing pigs fly and being given a 100% pay rise all in the same day than ever owning any of the cars he speaks so highly about,a man that to my knowledge has never owned any of the vehicles he gives an opinion on,and probably neve will,and as for his finance knowledge,i' rather take advice from Nick Leeson,or that french bloke i've read about recently.

so surely a man as important as you on £50 per hour would have a very nice company car,a bmw maybe,and not be running around in an old fiat spending his spare time reading about cars he will never own,maybe because he has more chance of platting fog,seeing pigs fly and being given a 100% pay rise all in the same day than ever owning any of the cars he speaks so highly about,a man that to my knowledge has never owned any of the vehicles he gives an opinion on,and probably neve will,and as for his finance knowledge,i' rather take advice from Nick Leeson,or that french bloke i've read about recently.

Well - if you had the option of taking the cash over taking the car which would you do? Everyone's circumstances are different and to be frank Id much rather dump all my car allowence into my Mortgage as an overpayment. Especially in such an economically unsettling UK marketplace.

Also Im sure you acknowledge hat the 20V Turbo Fiat Coupe is as per all the group tests of the day Integra Type R, VW Corrado VR6, Honda Prelude 2.2 Vetec (beat them all) and all these have become very praised cars these days + there are many people running around in 3.6 & 3.8 M5's and also the £10k E39's M5 which is clearly a far better solution for a purchase.

Well - if you had the option of taking the cash over taking the car which would you do? Everyone's circumstances are different and to be frank Id much rather dump all my car allowence into my Mortgage as an overpayment. Especially in such an economically unsettling UK marketplace.

Also Im sure you acknowledge hat the 20V Turbo Fiat Coupe is as per all the group tests of the day Integra Type R, VW Corrado VR6, Honda Prelude 2.2 Vetec (beat them all) and all these have become very praised cars these days + there are many people running around in 3.6 & 3.8 M5's and also the £10k E39's M5 which is clearly a far better solution for a purchase.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:clearly,

point proven thank you and goodnight;)