Show us your Yeti winter wheels

JulieD

Your Rif trims do look good, I'm considering getting some but the price is a bit off putting.

Are they a tight fit or do you intend using cable ties ?

Mine went on on Sunday. They're audi A6 wineglass alloys, refurbed in gloss black by CAS coatings. Gave them a good polish and then seald them up with a couple of coats of AutoGlym EGP. I need to find some proper centre caps now. What ever you do, don't buy any of the cheapies off some random Bulgarian on fleabay.

10689004003_6a3e96e8ea_b.jpg

Edited by dcl5ad

JulieD Your Rif trims do look good, I'm considering getting some but the price is a bit off putting. Are they a tight fit or do you intend using cable ties ?

Thanks.  They're a very good fit, and I've seen quite a few basic model Yetis running them without cable ties so I don't think I'll bother with them.  I got my set from number1forskoda on eBay (the eBay shop for Rainworth Skoda).  They have them listed for £74.99 including postage at the moment which is a good saving on what my local dealer could get them for - click here.

Thanks.  They're a very good fit, and I've seen quite a few basic model Yetis running them without cable ties so I don't think I'll bother with them.  I got my set from number1forskoda on eBay (the eBay shop for Rainworth Skoda).  They have them listed for £74.99 including postage at the moment which is a good saving on what my local dealer could get them for - click here.

I bought my steels and Hankooks from Rainworths so I thought I'd try them this morning and I got same deal as you £74.99 for trims.

My local dealer quoted £147 which I politely declined.

I put steels on yesterday with VW caddy hubs but did'nt look right so went same way as you.

Dunlop SP  tyres on 16in rims.

Halfords £16 trims with a Skoda sticker (£1 each from eBay)

P1130910small.jpg

P1200966small.jpg

Or, you could go the whole hog and get something like this :mmm::envy:

P1260856_zps27d47e72.jpg

Edited by briwy

Easy: helium-filled tyres for ultimate low ground pressure. It's just floating 2mm above the snow!  :rofl:

• Like 1

My winter wheels went on last weekend. The following is from this time last year, but having just washed the car it looks just like this (minus the roofbox) at present. The wheels are MSW 22s with Nokian 205/55/16 H XL tyres.

gallery_80615_568_163736.jpg

• Like 1

I just ordered some genuine Skoda 'tyre warmers' though eB*y as they aren't available through SUK dealers apparently, as shown here:

http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/cs/b2c/sada-obalu-na-kola-z-lehke-slitiny-000073900bx?expDataType=CatalogEntryId&expDataUniqueID=127056

Also now available from Superskoda,

Fitted my winters yesterday.

post-60057-0-38360200-1384154484_thumb.jpg

The rims and tyres.

post-60057-0-63994400-1384154493_thumb.jpg

With the addition of a set of very cheap Aldi wheel trims because my wife said the naked wheels looked crap!

Just ordered the skoda wheel covers from local dealer £20.83+vat less 10% so £22.50 all in. If anyone is interested the part number is ZGBU000073900, I did find it on this site but quite well hidden.

Just ordered the skoda wheel covers from local dealer £20.83+vat less 10% so £22.50 all in. If anyone is interested the part number is ZGBU000073900, I did find it on this site but quite well hidden.

Sorry should be ZGBUB000073900, I missed a B out.

Hi is that for four or each?