The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

• 3 weeks later...

Hope not. :)

I am hoping they will be here within 4 weeks.

Which gives me three/four weeks to get them painted and on by Snetterton.

If they do reduce the weight by 100+ kg it'll be like getting a free 40bhp or so... Plus the obvious advantages to braking and cornering.

Quite excited to see the difference.

I know you hadn't planned on replacing the roof, but some of the m series BMWs that have them are 45kg lighter
  • Like 1

I think a roof has just been ordered haha

Not yet.

Need to look at the benefits first.

That 45kg saving is not the roof, it's a whole collection of stuff.  Roof is a small part of that.

The hassle of cutting out the steel roof and fitting a carbon one might not really be worth the cost/hassle although it is an interesting idea.

• Like 2

You can't resist

921298_10151867540997542_1749687246_o.jp

This is the colour Yeti you are looking for.........

That is so wierd I'm sure I saw this motor recently. The reason I remember, other than the fact it is bright yellow and says bananas on it, was I kept saying Bananas!! In a minion style from despicable me. Drove myself stupid with it all the way up the M6 and M74.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I kept saying Bananas!! In a minion style from despicable me. Drove myself stupid with it all the way up the M6 and M74.

Glad I'm not the only one who can't say the word Banana in a Minion style voice..................

M'apple................ :D

• Like 1

think an electric wind-up weighs about 20kg more than a fixed glass, so that makes the answer for the rears obvious?

I already have plastic windows and only kept the window winders in the front.

Hoping to make the weight saving on the door shells.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I know they are different tracks but seeing how much that atom driver had to steer to keep the power down and the car on the track, in the bedford video you looked like you were just for a sunday drive!! I love this car and the build thread is awesome!! I can see the Supercar market having to take a long hard look at itself!!! 

Took it along to the "How Fast?" event on Saturday that EVO magazine were doing.

As I was on the earliest 8am slot it was rather damp, due to rain overnight and cool conditions.

But it did start to dry out mostly by the timed laps other than the back corner and the big puddle before it.

This is how the Yeti did...

iCvc5i.jpg

2 seconds off my time in the dry, but still pretty good.

No doubt it dried out with more traffic over the following three sessions, so I won't be near the top at the end of the day.

• Like 3