Delocked and a flat battery!

Sam84

Will i be able to open the bonnet catch from underneath? I was thinking about attaching 2 wires so that i could just hook it up but never got round to it!

You'll need to jack the car up to get to the starter at the rear of the envine v

The starter motor is usually under the battery, so remove the undertray and you should be able to see it.

Thanks, dont have a tray on mine so thats atleast 1 saving grace haha

Then look up in front of the left wheel.  You should see the driveshaft going to the diff at the back of the gearbox and on the opposite side is the starter which visibly is mainly a round cylindrical metal shape.

• Like 1

So will you be undelocking it (if there is such a word) now? I recall a while back a cry for help from a member who had delocked his Octavia I and faced a similar situation to yours, except that his car was parked in a garage and he couldn't access the engine bay.

• Like 1

Daft idea (I know) have you inserted your ignition key into drivers side door lock to unlock mechanically ??

Probably be shot down in flames for even thinking of this idea..

Was wondering what he meant by "delocked", presumably that means he's removed the mechanical lock from the driver's side door, so is only able to get into the car with the key fob. Sounds like a bit of a daft idea, but to each their own I s'pose...

Edited by samj2013
  • Like 2

Is it just me or does 'delocking' your car sound like one of the stupidest ideas ever?

not just you :)

Ooo look, my car's delocked and now I don't have a hole on the door handle for a key which nobody except me ever noticed was there before.

• Like 1

Why not attach a couple of wires to the battery, one positive the other negative,  route them down to an accessible location behind the bumper, insulate them and then they are readily available should this happen again.  The wires only need be capable of carrying 10 amps, can be fused and the door locks wont take much current.

• Like 1