Skoda Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

I have a November 2010 birthed Yeti Elegance which came with GSM2.

My iPhone 4 worked perfectly with it.

The phone has been changed to iPhone 4S. I can usually make calls, but not receive calls.

The iPhone says it is connected but will not allow me to transfer calls across to the car using audio sources when an incoming call comes through.

Skoda have checked the car and said it is fine. Apple have replaced the phone, reset and restored it but it still doesn't work.

I am now missing lots of work calls. Not impressed.

To me it appears that the BT hardware in the 4S is not backwards compatible.

Hi all

Just to report that after upgrading my Samsung GalaxyS2 to ICS 4.04 yesterday it can now use the RSAP connection in my 2012 Octavia 1.8TSI L&K. (Note that the first versions of ICS did not support RSAP). Phone book uploaded no problem. Call quality much better than hands free profile. Just to make it clear, this is as stock with no rooting and no separate RSAP app.

Cheers all

Jonno

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that with my HTC One X any contact that also has an email address isn't showing up in the Octy. Took me ages to work out what it was! Not yet sat down to try and find out if I can get it working with email addresses intact.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a November 2010 birthed Yeti Elegance which came with GSM2.

My iPhone 4 worked perfectly with it.

The phone has been changed to iPhone 4S. I can usually make calls, but not receive calls.

The iPhone says it is connected but will not allow me to transfer calls across to the car using audio sources when an incoming call comes through.

Skoda have checked the car and said it is fine. Apple have replaced the phone, reset and restored it but it still doesn't work.

I am now missing lots of work calls. Not impressed.

To me it appears that the BT hardware in the 4S is not backwards compatible.

This has been mentioned before, I'm thinking a bug with GSM II module, Škoda did state a software update would be released for this module for MY13. As the iPhone is quite well known I'd think they'd sort this, also audio time isn't in sync with iOS devices when using Bluetooth streaming - this is a known bug.

Maybe someone knows if software update was released yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Weird or what ?

Here's a bizarre account of connecting a Galaxy S2 to my Columbus with Bluetooth. I had previously asked on here about whether there was a glitch, as this phone had worked fine with the Columbus in my 2009 Yeti, but would not connect via Bluetooth at all. Got no answers that made sense to an Old Git Like Me.

Went back to Square One - cleared both phone and Columbus back to factory settings. Updated firmware in phone via internet. Tried to connect via Bluetooth - would connect manually, but would not download phone book or connect to media.

Cleared profile, started again with phone. Got to a Stage where it said the phone was paired, but would only connect if you tapped the "BT Skoda" line on the Bluetooth section of the phone. So each time I got in the car, the display would show "Connecting to GT19100..." and when I tapped the BT Skoda symbol it would connect, download the phone book, show the priority numbers, and could be used Hands Free.

Thought it was a bit of a Pain in the A*** to go through this process, but Hey - at least it worked Hands Free, and I thought I could live with it till I went off to moan at Telfords again.

After a week of doing this.....suddenly, it starts connecting automatically when I get in the car. No audible tone to show it's connected - it just does it. I'm not doing anything with the phone, have not changed any other settings in that section.

So has it "learnt" that it can connect, or is it Black Magic ?

Must be Black Magic ;)

Great thread, thanks everybody for the info, very informative read! My Fabia vRS will be ready week 43 and I ticked GSM II option. I have iPhone 4 now and will be upgrading shortly to iPhone5. Anybody knows if this is going to pose any problems? Car will have standard audio system for vRS, not the Amudsen sat nav. On the subject, would anyone know if Columbus can be installed in Fabia vRS? Options did not have, only Amundsen one...

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to IOS 6 last night and have lost Bluetooth streaming for some reason even though the phone option still works fine on the RNS510 headunit. It's a balls as I use it a lot for listening to podcasts. I have the Bluetooth kit from Carsystems.pl with part number 5K0035730D. Worked perfectly fine on IOS5. Compatibility issue I wonder? Anyone else come across this?

Hi, Just wondered if anyone has managed to change their 1Z0035729B to a 5K0035730D at all without any issues,I am looking for a Bt unit 5K0035730D but see they arent available anymore unless someone has one for sale? I am really just after the Bt audio streeming.

F

Jabozuma - I have the GSM II installed in my Octavia vRS, works superbly with iPhone 4S running iOS6. Calls, phonebook etc works, streaming music to Bolero via bluetooth works also.

Thanks mate, that is reassuring as I was thinking that I bought that GSM II option without checking if it worked with iPhones, ufff!

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to IOS 6 last night and have lost Bluetooth streaming for some reason even though the phone option still works fine on the RNS510 headunit. It's a balls as I use it a lot for listening to podcasts. I have the Bluetooth kit from Carsystems.pl with part number 5K0035730D. Worked perfectly fine on IOS5. Compatibility issue I wonder? Anyone else come across this?

Seems to be working fine now for some reason!

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if the new Samsung Galaxy s3 MINI works with RSAP? I undertand the S3 does, but not sure about the S3 MINI.

Alternatively, if anyone has a (large) S3 that does work, what's the key menu option, and where is it hidden? I'll then go into one of the phone shops and see if its still present on the mini version.

Thanks!

The iPhone 5 works fine with my GSM 11 on my Yeti.

I think the 4S worked okay after updating to iOS 6, but as swmbo has that now, and I didn't have the phone long enough running iOS 6, I'm not sure if it was overcome. She rarely uses the car on her own to check.

It may have been an iOS 5 issue.

I have iPhone4 running iOS5 still in Fabia II vRS and it is fine, no problems.

Only annoying thing is the way car GSM II operates BT Media player-complete failure as only very limited and rather crude voice command is working but no buttons:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any chance of an idiots guide to setting up an HTC Desire to work in a Feb 2011 Superb with BT module 5NO 035 730 D ?

It seems to twin up but then drops out and will not re-connect.

• 5 months later...

Hi

Does anybody know if there is an up to date list of compatible phones for the Yeti ( with Amundsen Dab system not sure if this makes any difference) I am looking to purchase a compatible Bluetooth phone for about £85

Thanks

• 1 month later...

would be very grateful if someone could tell me if the HTC ONE is compatible with my 2009 octy vrs. the car is picking up the HTC but then saying phone not compatible. ???  this is driving me mad

Hi Pop,

it may be worth resetting the system back to factory setting, this would clear out any old phone connections on the system, as i belive that there is a limit to the number of phones that can be connected 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

still no joy with this, htc one is coming up on maxidot and skoda rsap is coming up on phone but then it trys to connect and wont, sometimes it says "phone not compatible" . i tried   installing a few apps on phone to help but still no joy. would really appreciate help on this coz i commute alot of miles to work. cheers in advance

5NO 035 730 B .    i had my samsung galaxy s2 paired easily to it for 6 months, changed to HTC one and having a nightmare with it ! Any help would be appreciated

That B module is only rSap compatible I am afraid and only a few phones are compatible with it.  Nokias and Samsungs are but HTCs aren't I believe.

If you swap it for a D prefixed module (which uses the same wiring), it will work, although these are quite pricey (around 200euros from www.carsystems.pl for example).  You might get one cheaper on eBay if you are lucky.

See here for more info: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/117938-howto-get-rsap-working-with-the-columbus-rns510-using-a-non-compatible-mobile/

Hope that helps

Adam

• Like 1