Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. I'm quite a stocky guy and I find them very comfy. Especially if you have the heated seats and it's cold outside, I've found that I don't actually want to get out of the car.. I slept in my last one overnight when my dad was rushed into hospital and I wasn't allowed to stay, quiet comfortable but it's not designed for that.
  2. Yes. But get it done at a dealership, where they have the correct calibration machines that can do job accurately. Don't be fobbed off by them, that it doesn't need to be done, insist on it if you're getting flashed.
  3. Just a thought... IF you have misaligned it through fiddling and it goes on a MOT test it'll fail. That means you'll have to take it to a dealer to have it realigned to the correct standard which costs £££'s. I just don't worry about it, I used to get flashed by numpties who didn't like the headlights on the last car and they definitely didn't like it when I put it on full beam either. It seems an increasing number of drivers don't like LED headlights which are far superior to traditional filament bulbs and last longer too. So if you don't like LED headlights perhaps you shouldn't drive at night or should even consider giving up your licence. And as a lot of imbeciles these days drive around in poor weather conditions or during twilight or dusk without any lighting on at all I would strongly suggest the latter.
  4. Last slush boxed car I had was an awful Kia Sportage 10 year or so ago, it was bloody awful. A 2.0ltr diesel with a £160 pcm (=£215 pcm 2024) diesel habit. It handled OK, but it was riddled with problems. In the end I got rid after a year and got another RS. That mistake cost me £6k, never again because of Kia's lousy customer service attitude.
  5. I knew mine would be affected as I always have an auto now. I haven't driven a manual boxed car for 20+ years, last time I tried to drive my mums VW Polo which is manual I nearly put it into the garden wall.
  6. I believe this is the same for UK cars which have been under a (DVSA) government recall.
  7. There should be two options in one of the menu's. I think it appears in the Smartlink one, when you let the car see your phone's. But I'm not 100% sure though
  8. Nothing has appeared as yet. Not worried, everything is working well.
  9. Hi folks Can anyone recommend a fitment service in the Guildford/Woking/Dorking/Aldershot areas as I've been given a rear camera for my car. I would have used Bannings at Slyfield, but they've ceased trading. Looking for personal recommendations
  10. No restarting problems here, although mine did go to the Guest settings until I put it back into my settings. There was a new version of android auto a few weeks ago.
  11. All fixed and a "Brucie" bonus. 😃
  12. Try this... It's £3 from Euro Car Parts. So not much to lose if it doesn't work, but it's one box that you can tick.
  13. I use M26 aka the "magic roundabout", occasionally between Jn 9, Jn 10 and either Jn 5 (M26) or Jn 21 (M1) and have no problems using 👀 & Mk1 🧠. Also M3, M4, M40, M42, M6 where both fixed & variable limits apply and I don't have any problems with speed signs or variable speed signs. I refuse to drive in London as I'm not paying the C charge and feeding that (CENSORED) Khan's piggy bank. If I really lose the plot want to risk life & limb and go into that hovel called London then I use a train and Debit card or Oyster card for public transport and that's the only time I'll put money into Khan's piggy bank.
  14. Why not use the free road sign recognition system? Your 👀. Saves money.
  15. 50/50 that it's stored in a protected memory or not. Never done it I'm afraid.
  16. I thought that it needed a new module or am I getting confused 😕... Oh well take TheUltraRunners advice, but you have to do it 2 stages though
  17. You need to do this in two steps and requires a visit to a dealer to do it. You may need a different module fitted as well for it to take. So the firmware need to go to IIRC 1896 first and then it can do a jump from there to 1941.
  18. It is irrelevant as it's the wrong car and wrong software, wrong infotainment system.
  19. Only ever been flashed by a BMW driver, but they don't count as drivers! 😉
  20. I did DVSA and it came up so like I said booked in for rectification next Monday FOC.
  21. Well thanks to this thread and a double check on DVSA website, I've got my car booked in for a double recall on Monday 19th 1. The heat shield issue 2. Engine cover
  22. Irrelevant as the Mk4 doesn't use SD cards.
  23. I don't precisely know how it works, I had a work mate with OBD11 turn it on.
  24. There was on my last car a setting somewhere which is a teardrop setting, to catch drips or run off from the roof/rear screen like after a light shower or car wash. You know those annoying little trickles

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.