Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Infotainment Shop Update Not Completing
Just let things take their course, it generally doesn't affect the normal operation of the infotainment system. I had it a while back and it took a couple of attempts and then it did it itself.
-
Mirror USB charging socket
Like I said get coiled cable from AliExpress or Temu. You can find most things on those two. I have the same (GW622) dashcam.
-
Mirror USB charging socket
You could always use a coiled cable with an adapter at dashcam end.
-
Software version 1940
Everyday is a school day, I've just learnt something new 🙂
-
Software version 1940
If your car's infotainment system is crashing, on a regular basis, get it booked into your dealer for rectification, it takes about ½-¾ hour to do, I don't know if it will be FOC though, if it's within the warranty period, then it most certainly should be done under warranty & FOC. 1941 has generally been a very stable build, although there have been a few exceptions.
-
Standard Skoda Clock
Not as far as I'm aware.
-
VRS Bumper protector
The Milotec one costs €92 delivered to the UK. That equates to approximately £79-80. (13.01.2024) That's for a bit of strengthened plastic. Nah, you could get some protective film for £20 a roll, whilst it won't have the same aesthetic look, it's a lot cheaper and easy to remove and replace.
-
Outdated version of skoda connect shop
Just as a side note, today I received 3 updates, shop, legal and app updates. No idea what the shop or app update has done, but the system is still stable.
-
Outdated version of skoda connect shop
Sorry, I don't maybe a chat with your dealer might help. The only thing that might trigger an update is a factory reset, but that's a real faff and even then there's no guarantee that it'll work, hence why I suggested having a chat with the dealer.
-
Pop pop,SOS
Take it to another dealer for a 2nd opinion.
-
Pop pop,SOS
You may well have needed a bit of hardware to be replaced as well as the software/firmware updated
-
Door handle looking system
Thanks very much 😊
-
Door handle looking system
Yep, I've had this problem recently, although it has also occurred on warmer days too, seems very hit and miss. Although I have my car unlock with proximity unlocking. Something I've been trying to turn off, but can't find the option!
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
You're going to have to ask about it, I think. If it's a low firmware number then you may want to get the dealer (if you're buying from a dealer) to upgrade the hardware and firmware as part of the purchase deal.
-
Insurance shocker!
What ****es me off is that I couldn't do the best quote when it was there, so tried again and couldn't get anything under £650, so I took it. Its still £446 better than what my existing insurers are quoting. Apparently it's down to the Ferrari incident, which is still being fought despite my providing dashcam footage and evidence that he shouldn't have been on the road as his car was SORNd.
-
Where is the air intake located on a 2021 Octavia estate 1.5 TSI?
I think it's over on the passenger side if in the UK and I think it's in the two biggish boxes one has lines on the top of it.
-
Where is the air intake located on a 2021 Octavia estate 1.5 TSI?
The sensible answer is don't even think about it. If you can't see the road under the surface of the water, then unless you're either in a high 4x4 (even then I still probably wouldn't even consider it as, if you do go into it, you don't know if the road surface is there) the road surface could have been washed away or sunk, leaving a deep (sink)hole which would take you down or if you get stuck, you'll be getting a very hefty bill for recovery and any possible damage to the electrics & engine. There's a reasonable probability that your insurance company will decline any claim as, it's down to your own negligence. Why on earth drivers think it's a good idea to enter flood water is beyond me, I was taught by my instructor don't for the reasons listed above. Also it doesn't take a lot of water to lift & shift a car and carry it away!
-
Insurance shocker!
Just got my insurance renewal through from Privilege and despite having full protected NCB or 9+ years & admittedly one accident claim + two windscreens (stones/cracks) they hiked the premium from £452 to £1,118! So I used Martin Lewis' website and went through there and with the above, and got Full legal, guaranteed hire car, windscreen cover, foreign use etc, I got a quote from Aviva (with a £300 XS) of £568. A Whopping 65.25% saving by NOT auto renewing! 😲 So shop around.
-
Region change in infotainment system
Region? It's not a DVD player. Do you mean language? It's in the settings menu.
-
Software updates
The system should automatically download any updates, mine does, you can see what (if any) updates are available by touching the screen at the bottom (just left of centre). You shouldn't keep denying updates, they're issued free and for a reason, so to keep the car's female side happy and stop it from nagging you all of the time, just update when it says one is available, it'll update on the move and it generally won't apply it until the car is stopped and ignition off for at least a couple of minutes or so.
-
"Foot off the Accelerator" Message in VC
At least they're not like the vile moderation team on Railforums who will put you on moderation permanently or ban you for the slightest indiscretion. I've been banned for asking for help in posting a photo! WTF?
-
"Foot off the Accelerator" Message in VC
But only if you have VCDS or OBD11 though, unless someone knows different.
-
"Foot off the Accelerator" Message in VC
I knew it was in there, but couldn't remember where! At least I'm not going to get a dunking now.
-
"Foot off the Accelerator" Message in VC
I know that you can turn it off, the only one that riles me is telling me to drive in the centre of the lane, especially when it's in roadworks on a motorway or narrow lanes 🤬
-
"Foot off the Accelerator" Message in VC
I'll have a look later when I have to go out.