Everything posted by Warrior193
-
Skoda want €1400 for a new a/c compressor
Hi Bob, any significant heat on compressor shaft would almost certainly destroy the shaft seal.
-
Dashcam preventing stop start working
Hello Niccolo, welcome to the forum. Be aware that any unexpected current draw while vehicle is locked can cause other onboard systems to not fully shut down (go to sleep mode) This can cause a significantly larger current draw than the dashcam alone and will cause issues with the battery charge state.
-
Changed my battery
In particular, when battery type is being changed - i.e. EFB to AGM as PB intends.
-
Safety bolt key lossed
Hello, I assume that you are referring to the security key adaptor for the wheel bolts? I'm not sure if the online market websites here in the UK are different to ones you can access in Morocco - but at least one site I have used in the past has images showing the various key patterns available. Do you have the code from your old key? - this is usually a single letter of the alphabet, stamped into it.
-
Safety bolt key lossed
Hi, have you tried one of the online marketplaces? Normally a number of suppliers there.
-
What's this loose wire in my 2018 Fabia?
There is probably significant vibration at that point, so ensure there is sufficient slack in remaining wire.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Of course - minus the 'Instant' part😄.
-
MOT and Service time again
Inner face corrosion of the discs seems to be relatively common, could this indicate some issue with the inner pistons or pads?
-
MOT and Service time again
Hi Markos, it's a good feeling. Ditto for my lowly 1.4 except still on original pads and discs. SWMBOs turn with the Fabia (service only) next week.
-
Headlight bulbs ??
Just a thought, have the OPs lamp reflectors started to deteriorate?
-
Best way to clear out lots of junk/food/debris between car seats on Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 2012
Hi John, how about using heat (very low oven) to soften a normal crevice tool enough to flatten it to fit into the gap? If I can hide it from SHWMBO I'm going to try it myself.
-
Intake manifold compatibility 2.0tdi
Are you sure of that? how does it cool the air charge if coolant does not circulate?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I feel for you Freelunch. I'd try the breakers first - then the Bay. A very distant third choice for the dealers. I once did something similar with an extra spare wheel (I used to carry two sometimes) - difference is that it was still there when I got back home several days later.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Not specifically on a Superb, but I replaced my load-bay lights with Leds - huge improvement over the dim, original filament ones.
-
New tyres on the 4x4 superb
I really hope that's meant as a joke.
-
Octavia II 1.6 TDI
Not sure for the Mk.2 - but there may be a sticker near the bottom of the B pillar with the engine code.
-
Octavia II 1.6 TDI
Hi, welcome to the forum. Did you check the dip stick before draining - and did you replace the filter? It sounds as if it was overfilled - or possibly there may have an amount of fuel in the oil. Don't overfill, only add oil until it reads correctly on the 'Full' line of the stick. Make sure vehicle is level and recheck level after a short engine run (allow sufficient time for oil to drain back to sump) PS. just noticed that you used oil extractor - that will usually leave a small quantity of old oil in the sump.
- Fabia 1.4 auto high oil consumption and EML
- Fabia 1.4 auto high oil consumption and EML
-
Rob's Ur Quattro
Great shot of the harbour and international terminal. Do cruise ships still visit?
-
Alarm motion sensors
Hi, welcome to the forum. Possibly - does your vehicle have a switch near the bottom of the B pillar on drivers side?
-
Dealer requests my current car V5C
IIRC the V5 specifically states that it is not proof of ownership.
-
150 Edition DSG non-starting
Hi Jing, I wonder if this was some sort of immobiliser issue. When this happened, was the key in its usual place? If it happens again, try placing the key fob against the start button when you press it.
-
How to improve steering feel
Are tyre pressures OK?
-
Starter motor sound
Are you able to post an audio recording of the noise?