Everything posted by Warrior193
-
Does anyone use a frost cover for your car/windscreen?
Removing the magnets and using the wipers in service position to hold the cover down is probably a better position.
-
Does anyone use a frost cover for your car/windscreen?
I use one for the windscreen only, it's the quilted, dual-purpose type with reflective silver one side for use in sun. Certainly keep the screen clear. Never had an issue with water ingress where it traps inside the front doors. Full car cap could be useful if not needed to be secured under vehicle.
-
Door seals Scout 2016 - Swopping out for peace of mind
Hi, not the exact product I got, but yes, anything similar should work. Note to self, time to apply some to Octavia's doors.
-
Hello there
The only thing I have seen on this forum that produced rev restriction without a fault indication was a faulty fuel pump.
-
Door seals Scout 2016 - Swopping out for peace of mind
Have you tried applying a door seal rejuvenator product to them? I have seen references to a German one (Gummi Pflege) Also helps prevent door freezing to door frame seals in winter.
-
Hello there
Would I be correct in thinking that engine will not rev beyond around 2000rpm while in gear? I don't know what revs are limited to in limp mode, but odd that there is no fault indicated. I think you will need to get a full DTC scan to see what is happening. @ApertureS - any ideas?
-
Hello there
Good afternoon Nick, welcome to the forum. To assist others to start diagnosing your fault, can you confirm that the vehicle will not exceed 20mph in any gear? Is this DSG or manual gearbox? What does the engine rev to in neutral gear? Do you know if crash sensor was reset, or was it not activated? Were any airbags deployed? I assume not as you don't mention them.
-
battery fit
Was that battery EFB, EFB+ or AGM? Pretty good price anyway - great price if AGM.
-
Multiple issues - common cause?
You say are filling 'almost all the way to the top' is this correct? if so there will be insufficient air space in the EV - fluids are effectively incompressible, so coolant will be ejected via the relief valve as it heats up and expands.
-
Damper & cornering lighting fault.
I'd suggest inspecting the steering angle sensor - I was originally going to suggest the NSF ABS sensor, but you don't mention TPMS or ABS faults. Do you have dashcam footage of the incident?
-
Space Saver Wheel - set-up advice
In answer to point 2 - there is a strap with friction buckle that threads through the wheel, that secures the styrene insert.
-
Happy to be here.
When you say the visors 'bumped the glass off the mechanism' did the glass drop down completely inside the door - or did it just back off approx. 4 to 6 inches? If the latter, it could have simply been the Anti crush protection kicking in.
-
I cannot remember how to park my wipers ready for the snow?
Do you mean leaving the wiper blades in the service position - I.e. with the blades vertical on the screen? - turn off ignition then flick wiper lever down within a few seconds, lock car.
-
Happy to be here.
Hello Jonathan, welcome to the forum. Were the problematic wind deflectors from Team Heko? Were they new or pre-owned?
-
Start/Stop
I believe that you will find that the parameters governing operation of automatic idle stop (stop start) have not significantly changed since it was first introduced.
-
Octavia cooling system flush/bleed advice please
Check very carefully that any flush product you use is compatible with aluminium.
-
Octavia cooling system flush/bleed advice please
Do the cabin heat controls work as expected - E.g. heat from both sides when called for? There can be an issue if the 'Mit Silicat' bag fitted in the coolant expansion tank breaks down and releases its contents into the cooling system, this can cause discolouration of coolant and blockages in the heating matrix.
-
Coolant level sensor not working - replacement impossible to find?
AFAIK the coolant level sensor is not available as a separate item, you will need to replace the complete expansion tank (OEM replacements are very reasonably priced) You could try gently scraping the sensor probes to clean them - there has been a previous post where this worked, although if your existing tank has the 'Mit Silicat' bag still inside it, I would advise replacement.
-
Hello,I am a mature newbie, just bought an Octavia Estate 1.6tdi Auto, and hope to enjoy others opinions, general chat, etc.
I think the 18" wheels were a factory option.
-
Infotainment Not Responding
Good morning Gareth, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately a very common issue with the Mk IV. Try a search for Mk IV infotainment problems. It has resulted in at least two vehicle rejections I've seen. Hopefully the replacement screen will fix the problem with the one you're looking at.
-
My recently aquired 1.8tsi octavia brakes
Has the fuse for the socket been checked? There are likely to be fuse diagrams posted on this site.
-
Start/Stop
There are quite a few parameters required to be met for the automatic idle stop to activate, IIRC, something like 8 - typical things that will inhibit the function - - Low cabin temperature. - Low engine temperature. - AC demand setpoint not met. - Low battery voltage (or failing battery) - High electrical load. - Steering wheel movement.
-
Not starting but battery not dead?
Important note - The 'Magic Eye' indicator on the top of the battery does not give an indication of the state of charge (SOC) - it merely indicates the electrolyte (liquid acid) level.
-
headlights Upgrade to LED
Do Skoda selectively fit different, sub-standard halogens in different models? I struggle to see how some drivers think modern halogens to be lacking. I find the standard ones fitted to both the Octavia and Fabia perfectly adequate in all driving conditions.
-
headlights Upgrade to LED
Halogen emit light at around 3000 to 3500k (white) - not yellow. AFAIK Bi-xenon, being HID, emit light at a frequency closer to 5000-6000k - which is further towards the blue end of the spectrum - so appears brighter.