Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. NB. The analogue temperature gauge to the left of the RPM dial is actually the COOLANT (water) temperature - NOT oil!
  2. I'm inclined to think that the slightly raised oil temperature when this occurs is not the reason the engine goes into limp mode - you say you have previously seen the oil temp go to 128deg, presumably without issue (although that temp is perhaps a bit high) You need to get the DTC error codes read to find out what is causing the problem.
  3. Hello, welcome to the forum. What does the coolant temperature read when this happens - does it lose coolant? The oil temperature you quote when the car goes into limp mode does not seem high to me for the speed.
  4. That will be the 'Mit Silicat' bag that was fitted into the coolant expansion tank to prolong the service life of the coolant. The bag type were prone to breaking down and releasing granules into the cooling system and causing blockages, particularly in the heating matrix. I believe these fault prone additive bags are no longer fitted.
  5. Hello, I'd get the external temperature sensor tested as it has probably developed a fault - this could very possibly be affecting your cabin heating system, as the system will think that there is no requirement for hot water to be supplied to the heating matrix. I wonder if your screen heaters are also being misled by the same anomalous external temperature reading.
  6. I'm open to correction, but I believe it's the same thing.
  7. Just a thought, isn't the paint code also listed in the full build code? Could @ApertureS confirm?
  8. What is this 'heating element' that your dealer is referring to? I don't see any reference to this in your previous posts.
  9. What a load of nonsense! - so they are now calling the HB control stalk (which every vehicle with twin-beam lights must have as standard) 'HBA'?
  10. But I believe a guaranteed 350 to 400 mile range, all weather, no jiggery-pokery, is a useful figure for EV manufacturers to aim at.
  11. Steel wheel rims are generally a fair bit lighter than alloys and are often used for mounting winter tyres if using only seasonally. Most tyre websites will give information on fitment suitability for given rim sizes. Wheel diameter is rigid - tyres will usually have a range for max-min recommended wheel width.
  12. I can give an unreserved +++ for the Alpin 5s if the later 6s are not available for you.
  13. @BogdanDDB In your original post you omitted any reference to 'Diesel' and incorrectly referred to 'spark plugs' - if you have diesel, you actually have glow (not spark) plugs.
  14. Interesting that the recess in the dash appears to exactly match the switch bezel - is there normally some other switch in that position?
  15. It sounds as if your energy provider is throttling-back your charging rate at some point (load clipping), then failing to restore normal charge rate after event. What time of night has this been happening? Ask Ovo reason why this might be occurring - and if your charging protocol can be changed.
  16. Unfortunately that will not make any difference - as suggested above, get the battery tested first. I assume this 'shuddering' is while engine is running in gear - not while shutting down?
  17. From the limited information I have found for the P0400 (injector4) fault, it appears faulty wiring (ground return) can be possible cause - perhaps possible the ECM fault is also connected. It appears that the injectors are fed a live 12V supply, with the trigger going to ground to operate it.
  18. When this breakdown happened, did the 'check engine' (MIL) indicator light up also?
  19. As far as I'm aware, the glow plugs are only heating on a start up, especially on cold start - they should not affect engine operation once it is running, I think you should be looking at the injector fault for your breakdown.
  20. Hello Alonso, welcome to the forum. Most likely the connector failure was caused by nothing more than a loose female socket - or dirty male pin.
  21. I've always been a fan of NGK plugs from my karting days - with US made Champion plugs second. Home-grown (NZ) Champions were always prone to chronic fouling.
  22. Are those consumption figures you mention litres per 100KM?
  23. Welcome to the forum. The engine has a 'soft limiter' - If you are attempting to rev engine while not in gear, this will limit engine speed - or are you having this issue while driving? What gearbox does your car have?
  24. I'm still really impressed with my PFL (MY16) 1.4 TSI.
  25. Are you certain you don't have a charge cooler? AFAIK, modern turbos usually have one.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.