Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. Removing the magnets and using the wipers in service position to hold the cover down is probably a better position.
  2. I use one for the windscreen only, it's the quilted, dual-purpose type with reflective silver one side for use in sun. Certainly keep the screen clear. Never had an issue with water ingress where it traps inside the front doors. Full car cap could be useful if not needed to be secured under vehicle.
  3. Hi, not the exact product I got, but yes, anything similar should work. Note to self, time to apply some to Octavia's doors.
  4. The only thing I have seen on this forum that produced rev restriction without a fault indication was a faulty fuel pump.
  5. Have you tried applying a door seal rejuvenator product to them? I have seen references to a German one (Gummi Pflege) Also helps prevent door freezing to door frame seals in winter.
  6. Would I be correct in thinking that engine will not rev beyond around 2000rpm while in gear? I don't know what revs are limited to in limp mode, but odd that there is no fault indicated. I think you will need to get a full DTC scan to see what is happening. @ApertureS - any ideas?
  7. Good afternoon Nick, welcome to the forum. To assist others to start diagnosing your fault, can you confirm that the vehicle will not exceed 20mph in any gear? Is this DSG or manual gearbox? What does the engine rev to in neutral gear? Do you know if crash sensor was reset, or was it not activated? Were any airbags deployed? I assume not as you don't mention them.
  8. Was that battery EFB, EFB+ or AGM? Pretty good price anyway - great price if AGM.
  9. You say are filling 'almost all the way to the top' is this correct? if so there will be insufficient air space in the EV - fluids are effectively incompressible, so coolant will be ejected via the relief valve as it heats up and expands.
  10. I'd suggest inspecting the steering angle sensor - I was originally going to suggest the NSF ABS sensor, but you don't mention TPMS or ABS faults. Do you have dashcam footage of the incident?
  11. In answer to point 2 - there is a strap with friction buckle that threads through the wheel, that secures the styrene insert.
  12. When you say the visors 'bumped the glass off the mechanism' did the glass drop down completely inside the door - or did it just back off approx. 4 to 6 inches? If the latter, it could have simply been the Anti crush protection kicking in.
  13. Do you mean leaving the wiper blades in the service position - I.e. with the blades vertical on the screen? - turn off ignition then flick wiper lever down within a few seconds, lock car.
  14. Hello Jonathan, welcome to the forum. Were the problematic wind deflectors from Team Heko? Were they new or pre-owned?
  15. I believe that you will find that the parameters governing operation of automatic idle stop (stop start) have not significantly changed since it was first introduced.
  16. Check very carefully that any flush product you use is compatible with aluminium.
  17. Do the cabin heat controls work as expected - E.g. heat from both sides when called for? There can be an issue if the 'Mit Silicat' bag fitted in the coolant expansion tank breaks down and releases its contents into the cooling system, this can cause discolouration of coolant and blockages in the heating matrix.
  18. AFAIK the coolant level sensor is not available as a separate item, you will need to replace the complete expansion tank (OEM replacements are very reasonably priced) You could try gently scraping the sensor probes to clean them - there has been a previous post where this worked, although if your existing tank has the 'Mit Silicat' bag still inside it, I would advise replacement.
  19. Good morning Gareth, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately a very common issue with the Mk IV. Try a search for Mk IV infotainment problems. It has resulted in at least two vehicle rejections I've seen. Hopefully the replacement screen will fix the problem with the one you're looking at.
  20. Has the fuse for the socket been checked? There are likely to be fuse diagrams posted on this site.
  21. There are quite a few parameters required to be met for the automatic idle stop to activate, IIRC, something like 8 - typical things that will inhibit the function - - Low cabin temperature. - Low engine temperature. - AC demand setpoint not met. - Low battery voltage (or failing battery) - High electrical load. - Steering wheel movement.
  22. Important note - The 'Magic Eye' indicator on the top of the battery does not give an indication of the state of charge (SOC) - it merely indicates the electrolyte (liquid acid) level.
  23. Do Skoda selectively fit different, sub-standard halogens in different models? I struggle to see how some drivers think modern halogens to be lacking. I find the standard ones fitted to both the Octavia and Fabia perfectly adequate in all driving conditions.
  24. Halogen emit light at around 3000 to 3500k (white) - not yellow. AFAIK Bi-xenon, being HID, emit light at a frequency closer to 5000-6000k - which is further towards the blue end of the spectrum - so appears brighter.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.