Everything posted by Alasdair1
-
What rim would you choose?
Not sure re sidelight but the black wheels look wicked and pretty mean and I reckon look miles better than the silver. If my car was black I would go with them. Alasdair
-
Drive skoda Fabia 1 short distance with missing wishbone swivel bolt.
Not sure but perhaps a temp bolt would be a good idea. Personally I wouldnt as not sure if it would cause any further damage or put strain on other items plus if anything happened on road I reckon you would be liable for something and if your insurance found out I doubt they would be very happy. You might get away with threaded rod and a couple of nylocks. Alasdair
-
air bag or plastic cover for skoda fabia 1.4 16v (2006)
Probably cheapest option would be breakers/scrapyard. May be a part number on airbag or on reverse of plastic cover. One on ebay but not sure if your uk based or not. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315111292946?chn=ps&_ul=GB&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=315111292946&targetid=2404040183267&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1007345&poi=&campaignid=21697363421&mkgroupid=171407487490&rlsatarget=aud-1657461044788:pla-2404040183267&abcId=10027088&merchantid=113153458&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=21697363421&gbraid=0AAAAAD_Lr1fuR6MxZ_r0ugxgk_MN9yO7_&gclid=CjwKCAjw1dLDBhBoEiwAQNRiQc4kCt3bTDxSM7EOo7dvEky3chVItGZrQlGgopPOtgDgsx2xy2BldBoCAYYQAvD_BwE Alasdair
-
Need help with rim dimensions
Pulled this from wheelfitment website Skoda octavia mk1 1997 - 2005 https://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Skoda/Octavia%20(1997%20-%202005).html Wouldnt let me copy data sorry Alasdair
-
Skoda Fabia Mk2 1.2HTP 2010 Loses electrical power and Shudders
I think the best optioin would be to get it scanned with VCDS. Could be something simple but hopefully will have stored some codes to point you in the right direction. Check the obvious like loose battery terminals and the strip fuses in front of battery and loose connectors/wiring in general . Maybe a short when engine vibrations are high. Look very carefuly at the fuses as they can crack but arent noticeable. Alasdair
-
2006 Fabia 1.4 16v 6Y2 (75hp) problem..
Ah well thats that idea no good as you replaced map sensor.Might be fuel related? Wonder if the fuel pump/wiring or relay is failing when getting warm and only providing enough for idle? The rate your going you will soon run out of things to check.
-
2006 Fabia 1.4 16v 6Y2 (75hp) problem..
Not sure but normally in air intake pipe or near filter. It can also be part of MAF but as you don't have one I reckon it will be between airfilter and throttle body. Not sure what it may look like or location sorry. Alasdair Picture is from autodoc but may be sensor for temperature/low temp warning.
-
2006 Fabia 1.4 16v 6Y2 (75hp) problem..
Had another thought. Could be air intake temp sensor if one is fitted. It may be sending wrong info when upto temp. Alasdair
-
2006 Fabia 1.4 16v 6Y2 (75hp) problem..
Might be worth seeing if anyone has vcds to scan car. It should work on an 06 plate and it may ping up stored codes that your scanner has missed or at least hopefully point you in the general direction. Alasdair
-
2006 Fabia 1.4 16v 6Y2 (75hp) problem..
I doubt the cat . if it was blocked the car wouldn't run well from cold and I assume symptoms would be there from start. Just wondering if the throttle body is sticking when it gets warm. Or as it occurs when upto temp it may be temperature related like a bad earth or connector/shorted wire thats faiing when warm. Not sure what scanner was used but maybe a different one will ping something up? Not sure if VCDS works on the mk1? Alasdair
-
Skoda octavia mk2 1.9 pd105 ,turbo issue
Check the actuator is actually moving or not sticking at a certain point. My 1.9tdi used to randomly go into limp mode same error. Made a slight blow off sound just before the EML light came on turbo sounded a bit like a siren in the distnace. I sprayed the acctuaator with penetrating oil and manually moved it for ages until it felt smooth again. Problem solved so far. It could also be a failed actuator. I would stick with the original turbo as I reckon a larger one will cause other problems and perhaps the ECU won't like it. Alasdair
-
Steering problem
I used to use an old school independant garage with probably a combined knowledge of well over 100 years of diagnosis and fault finding. Alas they have closed due to retirement and also cars getting too electronic/computerised for them to work on without spending a fortune on special diagnosis tools. I find that these days if the computer doesnt tell the mechanic whats wrong they havent a clue where to look and its trial and error. You may well be correct re oil being over filled or perhaps a breather if it has one is blocked. Hope they get to the bottom of it soon and you don't get charged for the work they did that wasn't needing done. Alasdair
-
2006 Fabia 1.4 16v 6Y2 (75hp) problem..
Long shot but it might be the evap valve on the left in your picture. You say it happens after a mile or two. Wonder if its a bad connection thats failing when warm. Alasdair
-
2006 Fabia 1.4 16v 6Y2 (75hp) problem..
Does the car have a mass air flow sensor? Meant to add although probably not but check air filter as well. Alasdair
-
Heater Matrix
Try flushing it from engine compartment to see if there is water flowing through it. I used a garden hose. I was changing coolant anyway so put in a flushing compound for a week or so before hand. Alasdair
-
2006 Fabia 1.4 16v 6Y2 (75hp) problem..
If it has jumped slightly I would not be starting or driving it until timing/belts etc have been checked. One or two teeth shouldnt cause any real damage short term but if its jumped it could do it again and then it could be catastrophic. Hopefully its something simpler. Alasdair
-
2006 Fabia 1.4 16v 6Y2 (75hp) problem..
Maybe timing has jumped a tooth or two. When was the belt/chain changed last. If it has it would explain lack of power under load. Not sure if the 1.4 is a belt or chain. Alasdair
-
All 4 brakes binding after pressing the brake pedal
I reckon it has to be something to do with master cylinder if all brakes are the same. Had a similar problem with one brake due to a colapsed flexi but all four the chances are nil. Alasdair
- Transmission overheating.
-
Misfires and more on a 1.4 TSI DSG Octavia MK3 2016
If its under waranty I would definitley take it back to dealer. Dont touch anything yourself or let another garage (even AA/RAC) to touch it as the dealer may well come back and say the waranty is invalidated. If they don't fix it then I reckon you have grounds to return car for a refund. Alasdair
-
engine light on
If it does it when hot it may be a bad earth or coroded connector. As it gets hot things expand and can cause bad connections. Check for damaged wiring as well. Might be worth checking the strip fuses in front of battery as well. They are prone to cracking but almost impossible to see. As it heats up the crack opens and breaks circuit. Have had this a few times in my Octavia and my sons Fabia. In my case it was ABS fault. Sounds as though its going into limp mode. Alasdair
-
engine light on
Not sure but in two cases voltage is too low. Whats the condition of your battery? A failing one or low voltage can cause random probems. Alasdair
-
Car broken need help 😠(electrical)
If none are operational it could be a bad earth or bad connection to cluster. I had problems with my octavia with random warning lights on and some lights that should be not. I removed cluster inspected it and cleaned contacts and reconnected and it was fine. When I removed it the connector at rear looked as though it had been pulled out slightly but that may have been me when I removed cluster. Not sure if there is a fuse dedicated to the cluster. If there is check its not coroded or loose and replace with a new one anyway. I used a youtube vid to remove and check my octy. This is the one I think for the fabia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWOOVvNcUY My car was also pretty damp due to leaky door seals. The live feed and earth are in the smaller connector I am sure you already know but disconnect battery before removing the cluster. Alasdair
-
Emissions fail lambda value 0,73
Not sure,If the Not ok means that the sensor is failing or perhaps a wiring issue then I reckon that woud affect emmisions and ping up not ok. I Im no expert at all but learning. The voltage on sensor 2 is .78V and sensor 1 is .16V but I don't know if this is normal but it might mean that theres bad connection somewhere or the sensor needs replaced. Alasdair
-
Emissions fail lambda value 0,73
Sons failed due to a very slight leak in exhaust which affected emisions. MOT guy sealed it up with black stuff and it passed. It wasnt noticeable as in loud but he noticed some black soot around the centre join. My fault as I hadn't tightend it up properly after a rushed flexi repair.. He was surprised such a small leak could affect emisions. Same as yours 1.2 HTP. Might be worth checking yours for leaks. Alasdair