Skip to content

Danoid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Danoid

  1. ^ that’s the sticker I was thinking of, shame they don’t have it there, most other cars do 😞
  2. Isn’t it on the sticker in the door pillar? Note the paint code will be there not the name
  3. Inspection service is the basic, which is oil change and visual look at things. ”extended scope” isn’t much better as it’s basically the same If I was you I’d change things like pollen filter and air filter as well, easy to do and cheap enough You can also clear the message by doing some funky button hold and ignition on but can’t remember the order, YouTube will help there though
  4. I’d take it back and ask who ever replaced it. Another thing I can think of is the Skoda connect subscription hasn’t ran out has it?
  5. Must admit I don’t know how to use a multimeter nor have one 😞 I’m sure there’s plenty of videos online but if getting the light out wasn’t too hard, get the working one out and swap around, if the fault follows then it’s the light
  6. Not too many decent EV’s are under £40k and I believe it’s not based on base level so any extras brings you over as well. If someone only does small miles then getting an EV isn’t going to make any sense now, might as well get a diesel like mine and still only pay £35 hmm
  7. £10 for the first year, then £170 a year which is also back dated to 2017 EV’s Then if the car is over £40k which is basically all EV’s you’ll have to pay an additional £350 or so a year too. So from year two on an EV you’ll be paying £400 something a year on VED which let’s be honest is just another tax. I don’t have the exact figures but it’s something like the figures above. Typical labour going after “rich” car owners 😭
  8. I was reading about the VED starting from April for EV’s, certainly less attractive already
  9. Hmm it’s likely the whole unit is faulty of this is anything to go by get it booked in sooner if I were you, because it’ll be costly and they’ll bound to mess you around with “well it’s past 30 days now”
  10. Ah okay, so yeah sounds like issue with car then. Whenever it does it film it on your phone, then get it booked in and show them the videos. The GPS is in the shark fin attends on the roof, Skoda label it as GNSS I suspect they’ll need to change that or check its wiring at the minimum.
  11. Hang on, so if you’re at home and on your phone then map apps on your phone cannot pinpoint your location? Or is it phone apps cannot pinpoint location once connected to the car?
  12. I may be wrong but I think with mib3, you insert the card and leave it to do its thing, no need to click “map update” manually like mib2’s. If you do a long drive (30-40mins plus) check back later and should see the map version change
  13. Next time I get 12v low - charge to drive, I’ll bite the bullet
  14. No keyless for me, and no easy open option either. So I guess people who have keyless can open and close with fob Peasants like me without can’t 😁
  15. I was right next to it hmm, is yours non l&k?
  16. Oh maybe and L&K thing hmm Mine opens but doesn’t close, saw others on here had the same so assumed all were like it
  17. My battery is still on its original one too, registered 2016. I always turn stop start off manually as part of my routine, but sometimes starting it is a bit sluggish, doesn’t help I only drive it once a week if that 😞 But yeah cold and heat kills batteries, so I’m suspecting this winter will be its last, I just hate spending money 😂
  18. Is the opening/closing with fob a Aussie thing? Doesn’t work for UK models at least 2016 ones anyhoo
  19. that one there, look at bap33’s post above he says it changes the way the parking brake released and much better
  20. I’ve been procrastinating buying VCDS, really need to buy a new battery but annoyingly it’s still going somewhat okay. i’ll be doing similar mods to you as well, but I’d also give the parking brake early release a go to
  21. I’ve got the Good asymmetric 6’s on mine, good grip in all weather its seen (rarely get ice/snow) where I am, much quieter than P7’s I will however be fitting Michelin cross climate 2’s on my wife’s 500 as heard good things
  22. I test drove one and didn’t like it, felt too big and bulky without the room of the Superb
  23. Do aircare cars have different sensors? Mine isn’t aircare so unsure what the actual difference is tbh

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.