Everything posted by Danoid
-
Armoured Superbs.
I suspect they might be the go-to car by all traffic police soon as BMW have stopped making cars for the police, so the police swapped to Volvo then recently Volvo said they will stop selling the V90, so back to Skoda Superbs I suspect. I hope so because when people see my car they slow down, check me out then boot it again 🤣
-
Armoured Superbs.
I saw a few articles on BBC recently and noticed on a few pictures the Superb has massive bezels as such and then found out it’s the armoured ones. It looked pretty common for Ireland police cars, glad I don’t live there 🤣 Looks like Skoda didn’t bother to make them armoured for the facelift version either, guess the mk4 will be available though
-
Fuel additive yes/no?
Deffo not, just like if you see a used car and in the boot is some Redex walk away
-
Adding USB ports in armrest?
Which 12v usb did you use?
-
Adding USB ports in armrest?
Awesome thanks, I was hoping it was a normal push in 12v rather than remove the existing. I’ll see if any push in ones work with spacing first. just to confirm as well, i’ll need to remove the rear ash tray and rear vents or the whole surround which has the clock/temps? thanks
-
Adding USB ports in armrest?
Hey, I don’t suppose you can remember the length of cable you got? I’ve just been looking at the Mcdodo cables like you have and it’s available at 1.2m or 1.8m. Also can you provide a link of the 12v adapter as the one you have is very flush and looking at your pictures it seems fairly tight, or is there more room to have a slightly less flush 12v socket? thanks
-
Drivers aircon/heating slower than passengers?
If the drivers side is better then sod everyone else 😂 I doubt it’ll help in the slightest but has your pollen filter been changed? Might be worth removing it the correct way (with cardboard under the filter) then replace. Like numskull said do a reset and let it recalibrate then test again
-
What's your odometer at..?
I take it you drive for a job but 3k in a month is madness Do you get in your car, drive loads to somewhere and spend 5 seconds at wherever you need to be then drive back home? 🤣
-
Incoming phone call ringer is to low, how to increase volume?
It does but easy enough to test at home with prank calls and ignition recycling
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
There is a thread on here somewhere where you can add POI’s for speed cameras etc. You can get rid of your Tom Tom entirely then and just use the built in satnav
-
GENUINE SKODA AMUNDSEN 2nd MIB SAT NAVIGATION SD CARD UK
16GB is too small, at least 32GB is needed but just buy a 64GB, be cheap as chips. The Skoda ones just literally have a sticker on them which says Skoda, nothing more
-
Check registration plate bulbs warning
The number plate bulbs are LED as standard and non replaceable. Could be both of yours failed and someone replaced them with non standard but unlikely. Potentially the poverty spec ones arnt LED as standard and would then have the bulb warning enabled, not sure though as I thought they were all LED Was this option you found in the headunit settings or vcds/etc? If the former then something is wrong
-
What's your odometer at..?
What, how?
-
TMC traffic events no longer being received...firmware update required?
So if changing the code on a mib2high Columbus with latest maps fixes the issue, has anyone emailed back VW, Skoda etc? If it’s as simple as that then this is great news
-
TMC traffic events no longer being received...firmware update required?
Hang on sorry, so I’ve got mib2.5 (I think) with the very latest maps, does that mean no matter what values are changed TMC won’t work?
-
My Superbs DRL turning yellow
I do find it odd how passenger and drive side have both done the same thing. Have you had any work done on the car recently or coded the car in any way? Do the indicators look normal?
-
Xenon Headlights aimed too low?
When the Halfords person adjusted them, did they only adjust to bang in the middle of the legal range? If he adjusted them to be at the top end of the limit and now you’ve adjusted higher again, surely you’d now be over
-
Xenon Headlights aimed too low?
That’s sounds like where my lights need to be. It’s crazy how some cars like a new BMW 5 series is following and almost lighting up my interior and if I swapped spaces I’m lighting up his back tyres only. I’ve got the SEL which sits fairly high so people in Sportline & L&K which is a bit lower must have a nightmare. The only problem adjusting is you’ll fail the next MOT unless you remember to lower it by however much you raised it When I finally do mine I’m going to put a mark so I know to readjust before MOT
-
Xenon Headlights aimed too low?
How much did you turn it by after Halfords person looked at it again?
-
TMC traffic events no longer being received...firmware update required?
I smell a mass visit to Milton Keynes in say 2 months time, VW will catch wind and probably issue a statement beforehand
-
Xenon Headlights aimed too low?
Yep the headlights are crap, but it’ll be worth changing the bulbs to something like the Osram NBL. I might go with the CBN though as it’s a tad bluer than NBL and still UK legal I’m going to change bulbs first before raising the beam manually if and when I can be bothered as it’s not an easy task changing the bulbs
-
My Superbs DRL turning yellow
Did I imagine you said there was an LED driver? Either was as the OP’s both like that I can’t see a double failure happening, possible though
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I bought a 10l container Greenchem which I trust for some reason. My car did say top up 2.25 gallons which is like 9litres, I put probably 3/4 of the bottle in, turned ignition on for 30 seconds then checked read out and it said 5000 miles and can put another 1 gallon in, so I ended up putting all the bottle in. Went for a drive and is all good
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Topped up my Adblu as I had a warning with 1400 miles left. Range now showing 8000 miles, so that’ll do for the next 2.5 years 😀
-
TMC not working
Nothing us pesky owners can do, how dare we want working TMC 😞