Skip to content

Danoid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Danoid

  1. I’ve said skimmed through Traffic Master and seems like they’re not far from going bankrupt. I wonder if they asked for too much money from VAG etc, hopefully they’ll back down and reduce the fee
  2. WOW Email back again and say will they be letting all Audi dealers know that they are selling used cars with now limited functionality
  3. It would be good to find out if it can be fixed via map update as an example whether Audi will cover the cost of this, because with Audi you have to pay for map updates. My father in law has an Audi A4 2014 and his TMC has obviously stopped and I know for a fact his model you need to pay for map updates which is annoying
  4. Oh no sorry I meant Get them to replace the part and I love the cream leather
  5. Does it work from the front passenger switch itself?
  6. Yes around £200 is right gendan has it for £220 for 3 cars ( you can purchase more licenses if required For obdevelen I just looked and read it as if you want the one touch options (not really recommended) you need an active subscription, without it it’ll continue to work but need to do coding yourself, which isn’t really relevant to you. Personally I’d get VCDS especially as it’s software you can install on a laptop and has a great community and probably larger user base for help with things
  7. Get them to replace it and cream leather ❤️
  8. VCDS will be the best but expensive and rightly so If you’re only ever going to do basics then something like obdeleven but you can get a pro version which has more options like VCDS. I think obdelven for basic version isn’t too badly priced either but not looked in a while Also obdeleven is quite crap because it’s not a lifetime license from what I remember so over the years costs more than VCDS
  9. That should be the normal reset procedure. Does one touch work on the passenger door switch or drivers? I can’t remember if one touch works on the passenger switch or just drivers, if it should work on both but only works on one then the switch could be breaking
  10. Skoda do have multiple factories in different countries so I wouldn’t be surprised if Factory A will be building the Superb 4 now on a limited basis for events and Tour de France cars (where Skoda first seen usually is) It still might be worth going to your dealership to see how they know it’ll be the 4th gen like they said, can see if they’ve been lying then too
  11. Oh my mistake I did the B and C only on the passenger side as the drivers side is fine. I’ll be doing it again as some point as I did miss some bits, how long it’ll last I’m not sure. All I done was a few drops of the ultimate compound on a micro fibre cloth and scrub, but the plastic was boiling today and kept burning my hand almost. I’ll do the rest of the rails at some point too
  12. If the price you were quoted is the same as the current price on the Skoda website then surely it’ll be a superb 3 FL. I imagine the sales rep will say anything because of commission, but say you ordered it in Red as an example how do they know the Superb 4 will even be in red. Be better if you can go in person and see their system as maybe it’ll show the Superb 4 before general public can
  13. I was thinking that but didn’t get a before picture, but do have one from a while ago which you can see is cloudy and now Where my car rarely moves the sun made the black pillars very cloudy and almost matte like, it’s not perfect yet as needs more elbow grease. I only done a small patch on the rails which doesn’t really show on camera and after
  14. I got fed up of the murky C pillar black plastic strips on the outside so decided to use my old bottle of meguires ultimate compound. I was very pleased with the results as I thought it just too damaged by the sun. Gave it a go on the roof rails and is better but can still see some baked in water spots
  15. Hmm that’s a tricky one. The new car is likely to be more expensive but as you cannot officially buy the Superb 4 yet as it’s not been released I’d say you’d get a current Superb 3 facelift. I’d get written confirmation of whether you’ll be getting a 3 or 4
  16. I believe the L&K adaptive suspension you’re talking of is just DCC (I might be wrong though) if I’m not there’s aftermarket units available. Theres a thread below where someone is asking about Monroe but I believe Bilstein do one too. If it was my car I’d probably stick to OEM if the suspension parts have lasted a lot of miles, if your 2016 has only done like 50k miles then I wouldn’t go with OEM again. Aftermarket can be cheaper and better but if it’s no better than you might be paying twice and false economy
  17. Indeed, the thing is the higher up people if they get given a car it’ll always be the latest so they won’t see a problem or care. I personally see it as a fault and dealerships should not be selling a car with a known fault
  18. I’m due to have my car in soon for something else and they’ll look at TMC at the same time and report back to the Skoda exec I’ve been talking too. p.S I don’t think the person im speaking to is an exec at all just higher up than the previous person
  19. Your money but it would have been fine
  20. If you get an automatic (maybe manual too but not sure) there is another level of security you can have which is to have a lock fitted on the gearbox inside the cabin. It’s an official part but no idea how much it costs to have it installed
  21. Until recently I’ve not had one single problem with my car and would still highly recommend one. If the car you’re looking at has xenon headlights then and around 2016 check the headlight cable isn’t touching or anywhere near the high pressure coolant pipe as mines split on such a young car and only around 40k miles. Other than that I’ve not had any issues and I only do around 3k miles a year in my diesel TMC the traffic alert system has stopped but that’s for all VAG cars pretty much not including mib3 radios which is from 2019 onwards or so
  22. No drilling or dismantling required for the above option? If no to both that seems to be a winner
  23. I just rang and the executive will be checking a different system to see if this has been reported, I said if nothing is there it’s the issue everyone is having with getting this escalated. I mentioned this is not just Skoda but the entire vag group (probably even older bentleys too) If I hear anymore I’ll let you know
  24. Me and the sales rep had the same problem on a brand new octavia which I’m assuming is mib3? I’ll be sure to tell the Skoda exec about which ones are effected* * I wrote affected earlier, I need to rewatch the confused.com advert again
  25. Can anyone confirm model year this is affected to? Eg cars to 2019 or is it as simple as Mib1,2,2.5 affected but mib3 isn’t?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.