Everything posted by Edela
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
And be prepared for Skoda not having any solution to this problem. Just sayin.
-
Locking pin for EV cable will not engage followed by complete 12v battery failure.
Not advising anything, but following other groups with PHEV owners, that seems to be the solution to the problem. Perhaps in the workshop they just do the same as a first thing to try.
-
Tyres: low slung or normal?
That does not sound right for a modern car. Speaking of my Octavia, it shows 1,5-2km/h higher on any speed, be it 20 or 180. Checked both with GPS and radars. Factory fitted 225/45R18.
-
1.4 TSI iV vRS DSG 2021 Estate - Wish List
Yes, wrong. Charger requires about 1kW available to work at all, so with 5W it won't even start up.
-
Infotainment turning on when car is off
Known issue. Battery may be dead as fast as in a few hours, so beware. Until it is fixed, one option is to pull infotainment's fuse overnight. First, update it to SW 1941 or above. Then, if didn't help, you may try to turn off proximity sensor and gesture recognition in infotainment's settings. Another thing to try is putting car in private mode. See if it helps. If not, Skoda will say you have to swap infotainment, that costs around 1500 + tax (in EU) for the for the part only.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Known bug, many people have it, including myself. I don't bother as long as it does not drain battery.
-
Update to Version 1969
That is actually weird, I always get notification when something is installed. As well as no problem reading what is the update about, as soon as car stops it let me read what's there.
-
Update to Version 1969
There is TPI for that problem, dashboard firmware update.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Yes. Though they did not explain me if it was only because of infotainment acting up, or there was something else. It coincided with the second replacement that issues with 12V battery discharging stopped.
-
Update to Version 1969
Look, a few days ago I got another OTA update. This time it added Offers app to my infotainment. What I discovered there? 20% off for cosmetics brand! Not even anything car related. Does that really worth twice shorter warranty? I'm still to witness any SW changes or at least some bug fixes brought by OTA updates, apart of this usual crap we get.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Don't hope too much. Mine was replaced twice. There are way less issues now, but there still are. Soon heat will come and I will see what it brings, but I already expect reboots or on/off loops.
- 18" Tyre Recommendations
-
Update to Version 1969
This is what people speculate about. I haven't seen cars with H56 having any major OTA update, no matter the SW version. Not sure I've seen H58s either. Myself I was on 1896 for long time and only updates I had OTA were some minor updates (excluding the one which we all got somewhere in 2022 and which just broke infotainments sending them to eternal crash loop), workshop had to install everything manually to upgrade me further and that wasn't a fast process for them for some reason.
-
Update to Version 1969
Nope, what I'm saying is that you have no clue what are you talking about. The situation with SW and firmware updates here in Europe is exactly the same. Browse this forum and you'll see that we are all at mercy of incompetent workshops who refuse to update stuff even when updates are available. There are selected few with recent hardware who now got the opportunity to get SW updates OTA, but there are just a few of them. Where did you get your idea that all is nice over here? I'd rather trade useless paid connectivity options for twice longer warranty instead of paying for it after initial 2 years. Not even talking about those who did not buy extension and now have to pay for crucial SW updates if they don't want to risk and install them themselves.
-
Update to Version 1969
Idk what are those updates we get here in Europe. With all the SW problems I had I had to go to workshop and leave the car there for days or even weeks. And workshops had no clue how to fix those. So all in all there is no difference. Only very recently people with new cars started getting real SW updates, but that's minority of us.
-
How small is the 12v battery on the iv?
It is a bit stupid that even having fully charged HV battery, small one may go completely flat. But it is how it is. Control module which charges 12V battery is being fed by the same battery, so when it dies, there is no way to take some current from HV, generator or plug to recharge it.
-
Update to Version 1969
So in the end, you have more than twice longer warranty than we have in Europe, and the situation with dealers and updates is exactly the same. Nothing to complain about, imo.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
From what I read before, only cars with newer hardware are capable of receiving such OTA updates. Like, cars with H56 (build year 20-21) might not have any such updates at all and only way is to install them via USB. So far I haven't seen anyone proving this to be wrong.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Does 1969 load faster at first start of the car too? I like 1941 compared to all previous versions but the time it takes to load when car awakes is sometimes just ridiculous.
-
MkIV Octavia VRS Audio upgrade - disappointing
Sometimes my infotainment catches some bug and sound goes bad. What helps is to reset focus in sound settings and bring it back to front seats, as I usually do. Who knows, maybe worth doing the same in your car, just to be sure?
-
Massive shortage of Hi-Voltage dealerships.
You can look at it this way. You could also see the opposite - in hybrids you use motor and engine where they are the most efficient.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
You need 48S5 service campaign update.
-
Gear selector fault - experience with ignoring it?
Going to fix mine. The part costs 379 EUR, for works they take 5 hours 48 minutes. Total cost in Spain is 789.82 plus VAT.
-
Car in workshop mode. How to disable?
Hello, Picked up my car from workshop yesterday. When it got in, they switched it to workshop mode so I couldn't track anything in the app. That was a surprise because I've never seen that before and I'm used to check driving data to see if workshop staff took any test rides and how many or how long they were. When I came home I realized it is still in workshop mode and app doesn't show anything. Any way to disable this mode myself or I'd need to go back to workshop? Thanks!
-
iV not charging from home socket
There is no ground indeed, as per photo of your socket attached.