Skip to content

Edela

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Edela

  1. Does not mean your battery is bad. I still do on mine around 35 miles when it is warm on 2020 car which is always charged at max current till 100%.
  2. That's the advice I could give - try to make sure that all possible software and firmware updates were applied. Not possible to do it yourself I guess, you would need to access detailed car's servicing history. Otherwise, for your use case it should be a perfect car.
  3. I never had an issue described by mccririck. Though over time my car developed another thing. When standing uphill, even a tiny bit, car tries to start moving before brakes release and that causes quite sharp and very annoying punch. Sometimes even feels like someone hit me from behind. Dunno why it appeared over time and if that's gearbox problem or brakes.
  4. I deleted Spotify from AA list. That was the only way to prevent it from starting every time I started the car. I mean, even if I used other players on the phone, when phone connects to the car, it was always Spotify playing no matter what.
  5. Had conversation with mine regarding that. They checked if there are any errors logged associated with lights and if lights are set in correct level. Since they haven't found anything, further investigation is not covered by warranty if there is no problem. If I put it on a calibration stand and actually there will be a problem discovered, warranty will cover the cost of recalibration. If no problem found, they charge hourly rate for checking it, so like 15-20 minutes of work. Still didn't go to check mine since I rarely drive at night, however planning to do so. I sometimes have cars flashing me but hard to say what the issue is. Many people perceive modern LED lights as super bright and are angry even if they are not really dazzled, including myself. And I never use high beam, people flash when I drive with dipped beam.
  6. Had a glitch on 1941 a week ago. Infotainment lost all the settings, went back to default home screen and icons arrangement. Driving data was lost, too. No clue what caused that, works fine since then.
  7. You may report it to importer and they must investigate what's wrong with the first dealer. On my 2020 model I had also 12V battery at 4V once after overnight parking. Technician came on rescue and told me it is something software related and not uncommon for Skodas. My observation is that it was infotainment starting up at night and playing music inside, though there might have been other reasons. I had so many visits to workshops so I don't know what exactly fixed the issue.
  8. There was a service campaign targeting possible 12V battery discharge overnight. If I remember correctly, 90V7. That is an update to one of ECUs firmware. In my case I also had an issue of infotainment booting by itself and playing music in the night, so once also had completely empty 12V battery.
  9. I picked up one of company cars. Even though I had countless issues with it, I had no problems with high voltage part or battery performance. Still I think it is a must to have extended warranty with these cars, so before buying one, check if it is still possible to get extended warranty.
  10. Anyway, I think same as in all previous Skodas, the best quality of sound is if you play media from SD card/USB stick. And with default sound system of Octavia it is nothing spectacular anyway, the sound is quite bad.
  11. The setting is inactive most probably because your phone is connected by other means (Android Auto). So go to Media/Radio from main menu, there go to Settings, select Bluetooth audio device and there select your phone. It will ask you if you want to switch back to Bluetooth instead of Android Auto, click Yes. This will make the setting active. Though via Android Auto it will still be quiet I think.
  12. Hijacking topic. Maybe someone could also advise how to get rid of scratches on interior plastic? Specifically the plastic which is on the sides of back seats and doorsill?
  13. Nope, not in my case at least;. Car does not even show the so called "eco tip" offering removing foot from pedal, as if it isn't recognizing junction ahead at all.
  14. There is nothing wrong with draining your battery. With it being constantly around 1% you'll drive the car as a regular hybrid and still have nice mileage. No need to purposefully recharge it with engine, it is just a waste of fuel. I think it is all about weight distribution due to battery. Even on the best tires you'll have the same issue - slightly harsher push on accelerator and wheels spin.
  15. I wish I knew that. Simple explanation would be that not all junctions are in satnav database. But I doubt it could be in the case of the same road with a series of junctions on it which were all built at the same time, which is what I have here around. On some it brakes, on some doesn't.
  16. Yes. Though it was crashing very often when trying to switch on AC remotely, the new app is definitely doing better in this regard. As for charging, yes, everything as you describe I have on both apps. No matter SOC. If I plug the car and try to start charging right away from the app, it usually works. If car fell asleep - that's it, app won't see it plugged. Though scheduled charge starts without any problem, so looks like car itself does not think it is not plugged.
  17. Funnily enough, I got this error on Saturday again, first time since September. New MySkoda app just sent appointment request automatically (to a big surprise of mine) and they called me back from workshop today, saying it can wait till oil change and they'll check it then, unless I want to get appointment earlier. As far as I understood, it is a known issue and especially if your dealer admitted it, the part must be provided for free. There are 4 hours of work to swap it, so that shouldn't cost more than 4x hourly rate, which, I guess, would total in less than 400 eur even in Denmark? So perhaps you could insist on them providing part for free, not just some nonsense discount.
  18. Thanks for the insight, Micky. In my case, I had no opportunity to understand hybrid consumption long term, since all my local trips are electric only and all my long trips are highway speeds with empty battery (except the first road trip where I was charging and it appeared to be quite useless), so kind of gasoline only. I learned that on long trips I reliably have 6 liters or less (39 mpg or more) without charging and electric only gives me 40-50km on average (25-31 miles). However, some short countryside trips give me pretty much the same figures - 3.5 to 4 liters (67-58 mpg), it's just usually short trips where any measurements are not quite reliable.
  19. Not sure what is the idea behind this. I did a few rather long road trips on mine (2 to 7 thousands km) and I found out that leaving battery management on auto gives better mileage overall, even if battery is fully discharged and never charged again.
  20. I advice to put instant consumption values on your VC and that will give you a good idea of what is happening there. In short, yest, battery is always consumed when accelerating and often when maintaining speed but not much power needed (like driving down the hill - car may decide to consume some 2-3kWh/100km instead of switching ICE on).
  21. I had it for a few days in a row in September, it disappeared and didn't come up since. WTF
  22. Got yesterday email from Skoda saying I can now use MySkoda app. Previously it was supporting only Enyaq. App seems a bit faster and more stable, but not that much. Some bugs are still there, like app claiming car us not plugged while it is. Anyway, thought people might be interested to try it out. Cheers
  23. To add to what was said above, car is not perfect in measuring state of charge of its battery either. It may show 100% while battery is not completely full, or 0% when there is still some charge. Often on cold days you could see how it shows one %, but you start driving and it may add another 4-7% to what it showing just a few seconds before. Not even talking that VC, infotainment screen and an app often show different SOC, though the difference is usually within 1%. Anyway, for 0-100% my charger typically shows 10.5 to 11 consumed. I'd say 10% loss is a bit too much for a PHEV and its charging power, but there is some loss definitely.
  24. I tried Tesla type 2 chargers. Some of them worked, some didn't. I couldn't figure out what was the difference, but perhaps owner of such charger may decide if it is available to other cars?
  25. They made Kodiaq the same way as Superb, so I'd expect they will try to upgrade Octavia, too. I'm only worried about the weight of new battery. Weight balance of PHEV Octavia is quite awful and I'd hope they will find out the way to improve it.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.