Skip to content

travs

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by travs

  1. It is a valid question raised though. Given the remap improving acceleration and top speed, how are you going to drive the car differently that will affect braking? If you will be braking from higher speeds or more often or loaded up with more weight, then updating the brakes is a valid requirement. But if not, then there’s no particular need to update them However, if you just want to then that’s a good enough reason, it’s your car. I got updated brakes partially for that reason but I’d be lying if there wasn’t a sense of vanity in there. You just have to factor the cost in. EBC have a longstanding reputation - however they’re the only one I’ve seen with a pad break up. However, it’s anecdotal. Ferodo, Mintex, Pagid all have fast road pad options and all decent reputations.
  2. Yes fair point - autohold. Stopping at a junction/in traffic
  3. There's been a few examples of this; I also had it on a previous non-VAG car. No actual effect - I don't even notice it these days. Ie nothing to be concerned about and seemingly nothing from VAG regarding Technical Bulletins or recalls.
  4. Did Darkside do all the work as well as supply the downpipe? Worth discussing with them given their reputation for diesel tuning? Would def agree that charge-cooling will never be a bad idea - but not sure on whether the temps quoted are within tolerances etc. They seem fairly stratospheric - but plenty more experienced than me will confirm or (more likely) correct me!
  5. You can also hear the same sound dna as 10-cylinders. When he blasts it under the bridge it sounds very similar to a V10 😍
  6. App update blurb - no mention of removing it unsurprisingly.
  7. Glad they saw sense but that’s a hell of a backpedal. Of course, nothing to say they can’t collect the data anyway just without presenting it to the customer. Whilst I would prefer to seem so tin-harry, and it would be great to think there’s sufficient regulation to stop it, there’s been sufficient corporate scandals to prove regulations aren’t always effective.
  8. Wait first post showed 23.11. I had 24.6. But you have 25.1 now? That def looks more recent. Cheers for spotting that @MartiniB
  9. Nice. For that; just leave it plugged in and it will take a while to update as it keeps stopping and starting when you have the car on and off. At some point you’ll just notice the maps date has updated and all is good.
  10. I think it just reads the spec that is there rather than be conscious of it being significantly different to EU timeline. In my experience far too many tuner databases don’t seem aware of the engine changes with the facelift. Just options to select either 280 or 272 and the 280 is clearly or explicitly the gen3. I have had to buy stuff on the basis of selecting a Golf mk8 R because Škoda Superb mk3 280 or even my number plate still doesn’t bring up the right options. Pity as all the Gen4 engines are the same physically with different ECUs so remaps apply the same and they all come out with c.400bhp. +70 for the 330bhp variants, but 120bhp for the DNFE in Superb and some Arteons.
  11. Glad it was finally sorted! Same as you I couldn’t believe there was no interest but it’s great that they have actually been collected and glad they didn’t go to the dump!
  12. It’s fine! Seriously, I didn’t notice any differences. Basically as long as you don’t have 276 you’ll be fine. That was utter garbage.
  13. Didn’t see if you confirmed your engine/gearbox. 2022 car should be gen4 and DQ381 7speed? How come you have the DQ250 6speed?
  14. Ignore me - was thinking of something else. Seems I need to login if it’s just the link to the site. I needed to put the files in a folder and link to that! TRY THIS!
  15. It is included according to the Škoda connect shop online. Not sure on the length of time it takes to download and the speed etc. like I say, the latest one on the Skoda upload portal is about 30Gb and when you’ve downloaded it onto a USB stick, you basically leave it in the drive and updates as the car is on (it has multiple milestones and picks up where it left off).
  16. Guest and guest. It should say that in a pop up when you first visit but not sure
  17. Yes relies on the subscription, and would have thought this would have updated by now if there was one. Although not sure if they are car specific or if the previous owner would have cancelled theirs etc
  18. Ha. 2021 280. 27k miles. Just warmed up
  19. Just as an update to this - mibsolution appears back up and running. MIB3 only has v332 now though so they may have had a bit of a cleanup of older files in case anything can't be found...
  20. Day booked to have Wagner Tuning intercooler, boost pipes/hoses and braided brake lines fitted. Then I can remap to Stage1+ 🎉
  21. Yes there's a subtle difference that doesn't get mentioned. The SD cards were for MIB2.5 which was on the pre-facelift version. Facelift versions moved to MIB3 which has been a little bit rubbish from time to time depending largely on the software. Updates are done through the USB-C port you have in the "ashtray" or, if you have one (as it was an option) the USB-A port under the armrest (will be on the rear face of the storage space). Your software version is 304. There is also a 306, 308, 324, 330 and 332 is the latest. To get to the latest, you need to update to 308 but after that you can jump straight to 332. These are about 4Gb each so you don't need a very big USB stick BUT your maps look out of date a little too and I would suggest a 64Gb and its nearly 32Gb and a 32gb stick might not hold it all (I didn't bother trying and just went straight for 64). My ftp is here: Travs' mega.nz FTP site so feel free to download them. Unpack to the root of the USB stick and update. Haven't tried copying them both onto the stick, but I would keep them separate just to avoid any issues. Hope that's everythiing - give us a shout on here (@ me so I get the notification) if you run into any problems.
  22. The latter sounds like the eyelashes. If your car is a facelift version, the eyelash adaption doesn’t work.
  23. I don’t think that’s going to be long enough to get the car up to temp. The cooling system is about managing the temp to stop it getting too hot; if it doesn’t get up to temp, no issue has presented itself. Try a longer drive getting the car up to temp and see what happens.
  24. Oh yes. Interesting. Wonder what the implications are given there’s been little notice about it.
  25. Agree - I don’t think there’s an option for me in reality. No res to delete which would just give it a bit more presence to the sound without being just loud. Seems GPF kills all fun and only option to replace that is an EC compliant HJS version which is not happening at £2.8k before labour.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.