Cheap Ebay Alternative to MFD2 installed.

As far as I could read, the Zenec will have a conection to the CAN-BUS. This would mean maxidot and other features.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as I could read, the Zenec will have a conection to the CAN-BUS. This would mean maxidot and other features.

But sadly it doesn't mean that. Only benefit from the CAN-bus connection is, that it utilizes the MF steering wheel buttons without any external adapter.

This is according to information from Zenec's press release.

I contacted Witson.

Basically if a group buy were to go ahead, there would need to be a rough order of 10 units.

Although the units to buy wouldn't be a bad price, but to account for customs and delivery it would be roughly £300 give or take some £££

Problem is you talking about purchasing £3000 worth of kit from china.

If any items come through faulty then you have to send item back to china in pre-package for it to be repaired.

ZHUHAI WITSON INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.

To be honest...I don't think i'll be willing to take up the task. But if anyone else in dealing with it, i'll pass on all information.

To be honest I rather see one in the flesh, and go through a non hassle way of buying on ebay.

I'd like to thank Τ-1000 and the briskodians who have posted about the Witson.My cllub 'Skodafans'is in the process of organising a group-buy here in Greece thanks to you guys.Keep posting.Your information is very valuable.:):):)

I got an itchy trigger finger on the mouse for the egay one :rolleyes:. Made an offer of £315 which has been accepted. £350 with p&p included.

So Any of you lads interested should try offering a bit lower 290 - 300 see if you can get any more discount? Postage fixed at £35 though which seems a bit steep to me, unless its insured?

I got an itchy trigger finger on the mouse for the egay one :rolleyes:. Made an offer of £315 which has been accepted. £350 with p&p included.

So Any of you lads interested should try offering a bit lower 290 - 300 see if you can get any more discount? Postage fixed at £35 though which seems a bit steep to me, unless its insured?

Lol my trigger finger went into action too, but my offer of 285 was rejected. Good job really as i should be saving the pennies for my suspension upgrade. I wonder if this will push the prices of the mfd2's on ebay down now...

Lol my trigger finger went into action too, but my offer of 285 was rejected. Good job really as i should be saving the pennies for my suspension upgrade. I wonder if this will push the prices of the mfd2's on ebay down now...

Go on damo, one price £290!!! Whats a fiver, two pints of lager? You know you want it :D

Just been speaking to the chap from ebay who has the Witson Skoda units, if we get 5 people who will all order at once directly through them instead of through ebay they will do them for £330 including postage to individual addresses... any takers? :)

Just been speaking to the chap from ebay who has the Witson Skoda units, if we get 5 people who will all order at once directly through them instead of through ebay they will do them for £330 including postage to individual addresses... any takers? :)

I still would like to see a Skoda one fitted and working before taking the plunge

besides new car don't arrive until mid July

Hi

I know this won't help but i want one the only thing the bothers me is getting it from so far away it would be nice if there was a British importer that you could pop along and see.

Just a thought told you it woud'nt help

Regards Whoosh:thumbup:

Bluetooth

The bluetooth worked actually better than I anticipated. The major problem with this is the mic is on the left hand side so you do tend to have to raise your voice to be heard but you can hear the caller clearly. The system does not pair up the phone book and as far as I know only 1 phone can be paired.

Regarding the Mic have you looked to see whether it would accept an external mic input at all? Looking at the manual it gives very little detail about what connections the 20 pin plug is used for...

Cheers.

Regarding the Mic have you looked to see whether it would accept an external Mic input at all? Looking at the manual it gives very little detail about what connections the 20 pin plug is used for...

Cheers.

I'm not sure on an external Mic but it would be alot better. A few people Ive phoned have said that they cant hear me very well.

Ive had a few PM's regarding the install.

Basically the unit is plug and go. I followed Stu's instructions to remove the existing unit and also installed the GPS antenna in the same location as the instructions. I have no issues finding sats. There are alot of wires behind the unit and this can be a pain. There is an adapter included with the package which connects to the quadlock. This makes the quad quite big and is pretty difficult to locate at the end of the unit I routed most the wiring to the right hand side of the unit and managed to get the quad through the opening at the top (where unit slides into just beneath the top storage box) and then to the right of the that. Its tight but I managed it. Install other than that is easy antenna fits into the same connection. There are various Aux leads/camera leads etc I taped these to the top of the unit. There is a red wire from memory which says handbrake. I unscrewed one of the screws in the side of the unit and wrapped the bare wire around it and then tightened the screw this allows the dvd to play when on the move.

I recommend a trim removal tool and you will also need the fascia adapter. I have a spare one for non climatic cars which anyone can have for cost of postage.

Sorry about my crappy explanation I'm not good at writing instructions, but 2 last tips.

Protect your switches above the heater controls with a couple of layers of electrical tape I scratched mine slightly.

I found the connection into the hazard lights a right pain to release turn the cubby box over and you will see the release tab on the other side.

Any more questions I'm happy to help best I can.

I will be interested to see if the Skoda version is any different.